Incipio SILICRYLIC for Google Nexus One

Search This thread

chobie

Mar 16, 2010
Anyone tried or seen this yet? It's similar to Case-mate Tough cases but half the price! They're on sale right now.

ht_confetti.jpg
ht_145.jpg
ht_144.jpg

Available in 3 colors
http://www.myincipio.com/smartphone-cases/smartphone-google-nexus-one-cases/
(Scroll at the bottom)

The SILICRYLIC® by Incipio is an innovative 2 part carrying case; a high quality Polycarbonate plastic interior embedded in a shock absorbing silicone core. The SILICRYLIC® offers optimal protection, unparalleled comfort as well as easy access to all Google Nexus One features.

Features

* Innovative design combining a high quality polycarbonate plastic exterior embedded in a shock absorbing silicone core
* Provides sturdy protection without sacrificing style
* Cutouts give easy access to controls, touch screen, and inputs

Last edited:

isjr

Aug 24, 2009
Houston

spielnicht

Dec 15, 2008
DC
I second the Otterbox Commuter, it's amazing how well built this case is. I thought Incase made the best cases, but Otterbox takes the lead now.

Incipio cases are really rough and feel unfinished. The Feather case I got for my Nexus One actually damaged it slightly cause it had sharp uneven edges, not to mention cracked twice without dropping it even once.

I just got the Otterbox Commuter case which is very similar and I really LOVE it. $22 shipped from Amazon and worth every penny.

stumo5

Jan 19, 2010
Oh I just posted this in another thread (but is better posted in here)....

Ok well I got this Incipio silicylic hybrid case today, and I'm not that impressed.

It looks nice, and does give the extra support for the silicone down each side of the screen I was looking for. But they've totally cocked up the bottom of the case...

There is no real protection between the trackball and the USB port. The hard plastic is totally cut away there to the back of the phone, leaving a flimsy flap of silicone horizontally between the ball and port. Also the plastic and silicon is cut away right out past the dock port pins, leaving the phone body exposed to a straight down drop on its arse end due to this gaping cutout.

The plastic shell also has very sharp edges at that massive gaping cutout at the bottom too, so it needs dremmeling right out of the box.

If only they'd run a strip of plastic along that edge between trackball and usb port and not just silicone, none of this would be an issue, and it would have been my perfect case. Grrrr.

chobie

Mar 16, 2010
Oh I just posted this in another thread (but is better posted in here)....

Ok well I got this Incipio silicylic hybrid case today, and I'm not that impressed.

It looks nice, and does give the extra support for the silicone down each side of the screen I was looking for. But they've totally cocked up the bottom of the case...

There is no real protection between the trackball and the USB port. The hard plastic is totally cut away there to the back of the phone, leaving a flimsy flap of silicone horizontally between the ball and port. Also the plastic and silicon is cut away right out past the dock port pins, leaving the phone body exposed to a straight down drop on its arse end due to this gaping cutout.

The plastic shell also has very sharp edges at that massive gaping cutout at the bottom too, so it needs dremmeling right out of the box.

If only they'd run a strip of plastic along that edge between trackball and usb port and not just silicone, none of this would be an issue, and it would have been my perfect case. Grrrr.

Thanks for the review! Kindly provide us some photos? :)