• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Accessories Included cable and charger compatiility

Search This thread

GranoTurc00

Apr 16, 2021
Xiaomi Poco F3
I'm looking for a longer cable ( maybe not white) that can still charge at 33W using the included charger but i'm really confused.

It seems that the provided cable is only usb 2.0 (like the phone) but has an extra pin in the ground position in the usb3.0 layout. That pin is probably used to communicate to the provided charger (CC pin in the type C port for standard Type C to Type C PD cables) following the power delivery specifications.

Are common usb3.1 A to C cables fully compatible with the charger or i'm forced to buy a new charger too? Anyone that has already bought a cable has some advice?

alefmm

May 15, 2013
Xiaomi Poco F3
I'm looking for a longer cable ( maybe not white) that can still charge at 33W using the included charger but i'm really confused.

It seems that the provided cable is only usb 2.0 (like the phone) but has an extra pin in the ground position in the usb3.0 layout. That pin is probably used to communicate to the provided charger (CC pin in the type C port for standard Type C to Type C PD cables) following the power delivery specifications.

Are common usb3.1 A to C cables fully compatible with the charger or i'm forced to buy a new charger too? Anyone that has already bought a cable has some advice?
The cable just need to be 3A to delivery 11V/33W.
I bought this: Orico B2-ACA01 and works like stock Xiaomi cable (appers Mi Turbo Charge on screen).
My older cable Orico HTF-10 is just 2.4A and can't achive 33W.

Well, there is another options to buy: Baseus, Blitzwolf, Anker. Look about amperes, need to be more than 3A and deliveries 33W or higher.