• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Incoming call notification very small

Search This thread

krzyh07

Mar 4, 2019
Anyone knows how can I change incoming call notification popup to something better/bigger like all other phones use ?
Can't add picture but it looks like on this video (sorry can't post links :( - (Google youtube video "MIUI 12 Incoming call"), but imagine that popup window is all black so you can barely distinguish it from background and recognize that 'buttons' to answer or reject call.
It makes especially big problem when I am driving and using navigation. It's may be danger to look closely on screen to read who is calling and trying to hit small buttons with your finger. This is the only phone which doesn't have dedicated popup window for incoming calls, just use regular like all other notifications. Even Pixel phone, which use same Google Dialer, has normal one with two big green/red buttons.

Last edited:

LightSmok

Nov 13, 2020
Kyiv
Anyone knows how can I change incoming call notification popup to something better/bigger like all other phones use ?
Can't add picture but it looks like on this video (sorry can't post links :( - (Google youtube video "MIUI 12 Incoming call"), but imagine that popup window is all black so you can barely distinguish it from background and recognize that 'buttons' to answer or reject call.
It makes especially big problem when I am driving and using navigation. It's may be danger to look closely on screen to read who is calling and trying to hit small buttons with your finger. This is the only phone which doesn't have dedicated popup window for incoming calls, just use regular like all other notifications. Even Pixel phone, which use same Google Dialer, has normal one with two big green/red buttons.
you can try to use another dialer app e.g. drupe, true caller, or any other app you like and make it your default.

krzyh07

Mar 4, 2019
After you mentioned this for some reason it started bothering me too and was searching for a way to do it, with zero luck though.
I will recommend to try out Xiaomi.EU Rom, it's quite better than the global one.

I always wandered why almost nobody is bothered by this, now I am grateful I have soul mate in this ;)

I have considered Xiaomi.Eu but I can't mess with my phone that much since it's not mine, but I have got it in my workplace.