Question Incoming Call when screen is locked

Search This thread

nixnixnixnix4

Mar 15, 2021
Screen locked.
Phone call comes in.
I can't just let the phone continue to ring and do anything else in the meantime, like unlock to the home screen.
Any way to change this?

Screen locked.
Phone call comes in.
I can't just let the phone continue to ring and do anything else in the meantime, like unlock to the home screen.
Any way to change this?
Yes, you can. On the incoming call screen, just swipe on the edge panel (you have to have it enabled) and choose whatever app you want from the list. It will open up in multi-window mode, with the incoming call screen in the other window. Keep using the app while the phone rings away :)

Attaching some screenshots I took for you.

Attachments

• InkedScreenshot_20210510-071750_Call_LI.jpg
    InkedScreenshot_20210510-071750_Call_LI.jpg
    460.7 KB · Views: 24
  • InkedScreenshot_20210510-071801_Reddit_LI.jpg
    InkedScreenshot_20210510-071801_Reddit_LI.jpg
    757.1 KB · Views: 24
Reactions: nixnixnixnix4

nixnixnixnix4

Mar 15, 2021
Yes, you can. On the incoming call screen, just swipe on the edge panel (you have to have it enabled) and choose whatever app you want from the list. It will open up in multi-window mode, with the incoming call screen in the other window. Keep using the app while the phone rings away :)

A bit convoluted, but, it gets the job done.

nixnixnixnix4

Mar 15, 2021
At least OneUI lets you do this. I'm not aware of any other phone manufacturer who has an option to do anything on the phone with an ongoing incoming call screen. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
Hmmm..Pixel is my only other Android experience. I don't remember what it used to do.
I don't know/remember what iPhone does either.
It's the fact that we let go of those navigation and home buttons, I guess.

Hmmm..Pixel is my only other Android experience. I don't remember what it used to do.
Even with the home button (physical or virtual), you cannot dismiss an incoming call screen altogether without taking some action like accepting or rejecting the call. I've tried this on iPhone as well as Android from various manufacturers. Amongst the phones I've personally used, Samsung is the only stock firmware that gives you a work-around in this matter.

Reactions: nixnixnixnix4

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Screen locked.
    Phone call comes in.
    Any way to change this?

Even with the home button (physical or virtual), you cannot dismiss an incoming call screen altogether without taking some action like accepting or rejecting the call. I've tried this on iPhone as well as Android from various manufacturers. Amongst the phones I've personally used, Samsung is the only stock firmware that gives you a work-around in this matter.