Incoming TMobile update

Search This thread

vickpick

May 2, 2011
When I try to unlock my device - temporary or permanent,

It tells me unlock failed due to server communication issue. Is that what it's supposed to say?

Mikeeh76

May 5, 2007
Sunnyvale
Since getting the update (181228), I never had the issue with Google Pay but did have the non certification on Google Play. Followed the clear cache and storage and rebooting. That fixed the certification. So far so good.

EspElement

Jan 19, 2012
Updated to 9.0.2 without issue today. Store is still certified and Pay works.

I'm on JOD. Used the unlock app... Temp unlock worked first and then permanent worked after reboot.

Dang! I just tried this and it didn't work. Perm unlock failed but temp did work. I have the temp unlock now. Can we unlock the boot loader with the temp unlock?

DJVendetta86

Nov 5, 2018
Has anyone had this issue?!

I updated and now whenever I send a text it makes a noise to let me know the message was sent out. That's the only noise my phone makes and it's at full volume and it's obnoxious. I've muted every sound in the phone possible and all the volume's on the mixer and still nothing. The slider is on silent and still this one noise every time I text goes off. it's truly obnoxious AF lol

Caltinpla

Sep 16, 2014
Garden State
Has anyone had this issue?!

I updated and now whenever I send a text it makes a noise to let me know the message was sent out. That's the only noise my phone makes and it's at full volume and it's obnoxious. I've muted every sound in the phone possible and all the volume's on the mixer and still nothing. The slider is on silent and still this one noise every time I text goes off. it's truly obnoxious AF lol

Turn off the out going message sounds inside the app itself settings.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190109-140402.jpg
    Screenshot_20190109-140402.jpg
    227.4 KB · Views: 505

bassic

Jul 13, 2010
So, as of this morning, I now have the section in Play Store settings saying I'm not certified (wasn't there last night after updating yesterday morning). Aside from Pay not working, I haven't had any other issues and battery life seems unchanged. If T-mo can't provide satisfactory answers or a fix soon, I'm going to start lobbying hard for a SIM unlock as they've basically crippled some serious functionality of this "fully supported" device. SMH. If it weren't for the trade-in deal...

Have you tried clearing the Google Play Store cache?

Oddly enough I had to do this the day before I received the 9.0.2 update because I purchased an app and it didn't download. It showed as being in my library but only gave me the option to purchase (not download) and when I tried purchasing again I got an error indicating I already purchased it. The only way to get the download option was to clear the cache of the Google Play Store.

Mikeeh76

May 5, 2007
Sunnyvale
Checked any OTA updates and noticed there is one with the Dec. security update among other things.
I'm still on build 181228. Waiting on any official word on this OTA. My phone is still SIM locked

Would this update be pushed by OnePlus?

December Security update
Build 190116.
103.6MB

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190119-122031.jpg
    Screenshot_20190119-122031.jpg
    175.4 KB · Views: 442
Last edited:

Caltinpla

Sep 16, 2014
Garden State
Checked any OTA updates and noticed there is one with the Dec. security update among other things.
I'm still on build 181228. Waiting on any official word on this OTA. My phone is still SIM locked

Would this update be pushed by OnePlus?

December Security update
Build 190116.
103.6MB

No, any update will be pushed my TMO unless you convert to OOS then you can use the local update to update your phone whenever OP releasing new updates.

Reactions: Mikeeh76

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    My body is ready.
    They check the software updates to make sure it's good on their Network, carrier approval. That's why the wait. If you know anything about that it's understandable.

Sent from my [device_name] using XDA-Developers Legacy app

I get that bud. I made ROMs for phones before, so I know a bit about that. But, there's no reason why we are so far behind on updates. The unlocked version is on what? 9.0.7? We're on 9.0.1 and cant even get updates listed on the site because they don't know their ass from a hole in the ground.

If I had the money, I would have just bought the unlocked version, but I didn't. So, that's on me. But these kinds of issues have been an issue with all phones for a long time and you'd think they'd have a better way to do it by now that didn't mean people were going without the latest updates for so long.
    I'm going to amend my original post:

My body is NOT ready.
    Can confirm that I, too, have not gotten any updates yet. I checked multiple times. Phone shows I am on version A6013_34_181121 for TMO USA, but that version is not listed on the OnePlus Updates site on Tmobile...sooo I have no idea what's going on lol. I just wish we could have the same updates as the international version at the same time, but that would be a perfect world.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone