Increase storage space in the root directory for adding and editing system files

Search This thread

EzioAudit12

Nov 9, 2021
I would like to increase the storage space in the root location of my phone. I have rooted my phone with magisk.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211109-121730.png
    Screenshot_20211109-121730.png
    34.5 KB · Views: 10
D

Deleted member 1890170

Yes, you can repartition the /system partition. Not only is it quite difficult and risky to perform it, it also requires specialized skills which the average user may not have. There is one solution to the problem though: Flash a Custom ROM.

Reactions: EzioAudit12

EzioAudit12

Nov 9, 2021

VicKrypt

May 29, 2022
I would love to flash a custom ROM but can't find any for my device. I have an Infinix smart 5 (x657c for the model)
Due to the unpopularity of Infinix (&Tecno) phones, there's no custom ROM available for your device. Nevertheless, you should absolutely be able to flash GSIs [I WILL NOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR ACTIONS, ONLY SUGGESTING!], because I'm sure that device is Treble-supported.

There're tons of very similar Infinix phones (Smart 4, Hot 8, Hot 9 & 10 Play) that have GSIs successful installed, you can check them out on YouTube.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    D
    Deleted member 1890170
    Yes, you can repartition the /system partition. Not only is it quite difficult and risky to perform it, it also requires specialized skills which the average user may not have. There is one solution to the problem though: Flash a Custom ROM.
    D
    Deleted member 1890170
    Even a Custom Recovery like TWRP actually isn't available for this phone.

But you can try to make it at your own because phone is based on Mediatek chiset: