Increase your internet speed Tip TOuch PRo Tested

Search This thread

dearmasfamily

Aug 19, 2009
Jacksonville
naturegraphy.com
Locate the following key in the registry:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings

On the Edit menu, point to New, click DWORD Value, and then add the following registry values:

Value name: MaxConnectionsPer1_0Server
Value data: 32
Base: Decimal

Value Name: MaxConnectionsPerServer
Value data: 16
Base: Decimal

Exit Registry Editor.

then softreset and do a speed test:D

Now this tweak will only extend your phones bandwidth enabling you to download more data at the same time (like images and the sorts) giving your phone the feel of it downloading faster. so the main focus is, i increased your bandwidth now social sites and this site will fly i garantee it!!!!

sorry been gone awhile working on other projects, and this was a tweak for a friend i put together from some other sources, but made sure its win mobile specfic. By the way do this as well on your home computer even on dail up and you will be amazed!

First image is a 512 Test

Second Image is 1 MB Test

Last edited:

dgaud007

Oct 12, 2007
Ponce
I did a DSL Reports test and got 60 Kb/s at home (EDGE). After adding the new DWORD value it was 174 kb/s! Coincidence? Fluke? Will keep monitoring for sure, but seems to be working. Maybe they should add this to the Tweaks sticky. Thanks!

8525Smart

Mar 2, 2008
Okay, I tested it.

First, I tested the speed using IE at 1MB. After three tests, it came to: 946Kbps, 832Kbps, and 953Kbps. This is an average of 910Kbps.

Afterwards, I made the necessary registry edits, and soft reset. After giving WinMo time to load, I went back to the website to do the same test, these were the results: 1375Kbps, 1180Kbps, and 1046Kbps. This is an average of 1200Kbps.

There is very good increase in speed, but it doesn't appear to be stable. I perform a few tests later and it seems to went down to the area of around 800-900Kbps. I will continue to perform tests to see if the speed is truly increased.

For now, though, thank you for the great topic!

dearmasfamily

Aug 19, 2009
Jacksonville
naturegraphy.com
Okay, I tested it.

First, I tested the speed using IE at 1MB. After three tests, it came to: 946Kbps, 832Kbps, and 953Kbps. This is an average of 910Kbps.

Afterwards, I made the necessary registry edits, and soft reset. After giving WinMo time to load, I went back to the website to do the same test, these were the results: 1375Kbps, 1180Kbps, and 1046Kbps. This is an average of 1200Kbps.

There is very good increase in speed, but it doesn't appear to be stable. I perform a few tests later and it seems to went down to the area of around 800-900Kbps. I will continue to perform tests to see if the speed is truly increased.

For now, though, thank you for the great topic!

let me clarify things. If you did a speed test with this tweak and your speed say is 1200,

then an hour later its average is 900, its your network. its simply overlaoded.=

( alot of people are using the data service at the same time you are killing bandwidth)

now say with out the tweak your average is 900, when your network becomes overloaded it will be some where at 500 or lower.

conculsion: it still increases speed on peak hours and off peak hours. dont believe test it:D

8525Smart

Mar 2, 2008
now say with out the tweak your average is 900, when your network becomes overloaded it will be some where at 500 or lower.

conculsion: it still increases speed on peak hours and off peak hours. dont believe test it:D

Possibly, but it seems difficult to believe since the speed decrease came as a result of more tests performed no more than a few minutes after the initial '1200kbps' test.

Unfortunately, constantly inputting and removing a registry edit on the phone is rather a hassle, so I simply performed more tests with the tweak. The original '1200Kbps' test result still has not appeared again, but I do plan to continue testing this, including in the middle of the night when peak hours are less likely.

|Jason8|

Aug 25, 2008
Waldo
I did this on my Fuze and it went from an average of 100kbps to an average of 40kbps. Did 4 tests each way and that's the result I had.

On AT&T, using EDGE.

wingman1487

Mar 4, 2008
Lewisville
Tests

So I did the hack and here are my findings. I used two different browsers, Skyfire and Opera all on a 3G connection on 1M download. There was a slight increase in speed but nothing huge. Here are the graphs that I made for some visual.

My suggestion if you want a fast connection... Just use Skyfire!

Attachments

• Test-Without-Hack.gif
    Test-Without-Hack.gif
    4.9 KB · Views: 613
  • Test-With-Hack.gif
    Test-With-Hack.gif
    4.9 KB · Views: 570

Sweeny Russ

Aug 27, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
My internet connection has always been quicker than any of my friends connections, even my fiance on the same plan, same network, same phone. I am on alltel, verizon now, and am in disbelief. I was not looking to speed my internet up but I saw the tread and like it was said, any more speed is better. I have never tested my speed because I didn't care but I tested today just to get a before and after for the tweak. I am not fooled by the results but am wondering why I am getting inaccurate results. In opera the speed read 10008, in IE it read 8236, in skyfire it read 8008 and higher. I tried each numerous times, and soft reset and could not get the value under 8008. And no I'm not using wifi, not even on.

dearmasfamily

Aug 19, 2009
Jacksonville
naturegraphy.com
My internet connection has always been quicker than any of my friends connections, even my fiance on the same plan, same network, same phone. I am on alltel, verizon now, and am in disbelief. I was not looking to speed my internet up but I saw the tread and like it was said, any more speed is better. I have never tested my speed because I didn't care but I tested today just to get a before and after for the tweak. I am not fooled by the results but am wondering why I am getting inaccurate results. In opera the speed read 10008, in IE it read 8236, in skyfire it read 8008 and higher. I tried each numerous times, and soft reset and could not get the value under 8008. And no I'm not using wifi, not even on.

So if its faster dont worry about it being accurate

jmy72

Oct 11, 2008
Tampa, FL
curious as the earlier poster

I too, am also curious how this will affect the tethering speed and if this doesn't work for tethering if there is another registry edit that we can do to increase the tethering speed.

-haze-

Dec 26, 2007
Nu JeRzY, USA
*Edit Oops, nvm.

It worked for me. I didn't see the second registry value, only modified the first one. :D

Last edited:

hidden_dragon

Oct 8, 2006
Seattle
Mine was whopping!

Shoot, I didn't test a before, but my after was a whopping 7984kbps the first time out, then followed by 8291kbps. Tested in San Francisco, CA.

Aaron McCarthy

Oct 27, 2007
Alright.. gave this a try.. there are two types of numbers to change.. a hex number and a decimal number. In all my reg edits before I've never had to change the decimal and always the hex so I did that AND there was no difference.... if anything the speed dropped a bit but that could have been because of the network. I would have expected it to increase a bit though! I must have done something wrong.

My origina hex value was 4 so I changed that to 10. The decimal value was 16 and that stayed the same

I've attached a photo so you can see what I'm talking about.

The first is the before speed test. Then the second is the change I made, the third is the speed test after (I reset as well before doing the second speed test)

Thanks

Attachments

• Speed1.jpg
    Speed1.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 259
  • Speed2.jpg
    Speed2.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 222
  • speed3.jpg
    speed3.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 266

dearmasfamily

Aug 19, 2009
Jacksonville
naturegraphy.com
Alright.. gave this a try.. there are two types of numbers to change.. a hex number and a decimal number. In all my reg edits before I've never had to change the decimal and always the hex so I did that AND there was no difference.... if anything the speed dropped a bit but that could have been because of the network. I would have expected it to increase a bit though! I must have done something wrong.

My origina hex value was 4 so I changed that to 10. The decimal value was 16 and that stayed the same

I've attached a photo so you can see what I'm talking about.

The first is the before speed test. Then the second is the change I made, the third is the speed test after (I reset as well before doing the second speed test)

Thanks

theres only suppose to be a hex or decimal value not both set at 10:confused: