Incredible Gingerbread[Android 2.3]{OMGB v6 12-26 @ 12:06 AM CST}[GPS]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

MkVsTheWorld

Aug 29, 2010
Baltimore
You should include a Flashlight :)

I included the HTC LED Flashlight in case you decide to put it with your ROM.

Attachments

• Flashlight.apk
    712.4 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:

bballjohn32

Aug 31, 2010
I agree about the flashlight. I ended up flashing the htc flashlight.apk right away because I missed it so much. If nothing else maybe R2 can place a link to the flashlight.apk in his original post? Or people can research and find it in their own like I had to!

Gahh Its Lee

Oct 2, 2010
Ok so probably a dumb question but has anyone checked out the evervolv thread? They fixed camcorder and also have a screen on animation similar to the screen off... Both I think all would enjoy.

Sent from my Incredible using XDA App

ilinimud

Nov 20, 2009
Been away for awhile, hopefully i will be coming back to v7. I was having problems with gps and location based stuff. Hopefully v7 will be all good. I tried UltimateDroid GB and it was pretty good, but didnt seem near as fast as OMGB. Never tried Evervolv...

r2DoesInc

Dec 8, 2010
Ok so probably a dumb question but has anyone checked out the evervolv thread? They fixed camcorder and also have a screen on animation similar to the screen off... Both I think all would enjoy.

Sent from my Incredible using XDA App

they didnt fix video. me and drew were talking about it earlier
he got it working for the evo but not the inc he said

nhpctech

Jan 13, 2011
Manchester, NH
Quick questions someone might be able to answer.

1.) I flashed v6 of OMGB and I noticed the display seems to be large (low resolution), are there still issues with SLCD?

2.) How do I know if I have AMOLED or SLCD?

hardrail

Jan 13, 2011
If u bought the phone in the past couple months its slcd... been shipping slcd since like August I think,.....

I'm just hoping location based issues are resolved in 7.

Sent from my Htc Incredible using XDA App

wisenick

Feb 11, 2010
I really enjoyed this app until I tried to download linpack from the market (I was just curious) well the app download failed and from then on I couldn't update or download any other app.

I was going to try and search for the new market and see if that would help but then I saw miui 1-7 was out.

I really hope this rom gets 100% cuz I liked it. And with cyanogenmod 7 now having 720p it shouldn't be too hard to get 720 on this rom too.

Sent from my ADR6300 using XDA App

Shadowfury

Aug 6, 2010
Do I understand correctly that the img needs to be renamed and installed through hboot, and the zip can be installed through cwm; and they both do the same thing?

Sent from my ADR6300 using XDA App

You should be able to download "recovery-clockwork-2.5.0.5-inc.img" from the list, then put it on your SD Card, then go into a terminal and use the flash_image command to flash it.
I used:
Code:
su
cd /sdcard
flash_image recovery recovery-clockwork-2.5.0.5-inc.img
Given that the image you downloaded is in /sdcard and you didn't rename it.

Note: This may not work on OMGB. I tried it on v5 and it didn't work, but that issue may have been fixed in v6. Not sure. It does work on CM7, though.

Dynamic3

May 11, 2010
You should be able to download "recovery-clockwork-2.5.0.5-inc.img" from the list, then put it on your SD Card, then go into a terminal and use the flash_image command to flash it.
I used:
Code:
su
cd /sdcard
flash_image recovery recovery-clockwork-2.5.0.5-inc.img
Given that the image you downloaded is in /sdcard and you didn't rename it.

Note: This may not work on OMGB. I tried it on v5 and it didn't work, but that issue may have been fixed in v6. Not sure. It does work on CM7, though.

I have astro, so I can rename the img and put it on the root of my sd. I'm just trying to differentiate between the img and zip, and if possible avoid using hboot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Brought to you by team WeDoDroid

Who ever said we need verizon? Or even htc? When theres something that needs to be done, we do it...and we do it better than anyone else. Im proud to present the first version of the Gingerbread OS ever released for the HTC Incredible.

Video OMGB v3

Video GRH v4
    Video GRH v3

Bootanimation
    wdd-ba.gif

Immense thanks go out to
    @omgbeav for the wallpaper GRH-4+
    HCDRJacob for bouncing all kinds of ideas around. Youve been a HUGE help.
    ID for original inspiration and 3G fix.
    punk.kaos for ramdisk help.
    echoside for ramdisk help.
    linuxmotion for doing compiles for me since my machine sucks ass
    seanzer for ramdisk help.
    ihtflp
    nix for fb sync and emmc fix
    jdkoreclipse for camera
    preludedrew for the some compiled libs, gps, rpc, etc
    cm for some source bits
    cyanogen and Koush for CM files. And, yes, you guessed it, ramdisk files.
    (haha, we had a lot of trouble with the ramdisk)
    And, last but not least, my main collaborator:
    gmichaelow for ramdisk help and digging through errors.

Without the combined efforts of all of those people, we wouldnt be where we are right now.

Special shout out goes to everyone over on #r2gb though. You guys rock!

Changelog

OMGB-6
    • Actual Nexus S LWP
    • GPS
    • Right Launcher Button Remapped to SMS
    • Moved Bootanimation to /system/media
    Buglist
    • Video Recording
    • Led Lights
    • Some Apps Dont Work
      THIS IS AN ISSUE WITH THE APP. GINGERBREAD IS BARELY OUT, NOT ALL APPS ARE COMPATIBLE WITH IT YET.
      *Also remember to make sure that the app in question, angry birds for example ;), is installed to the phone, not on your sdcard. Not all apps will work with the sd.​
    May not look like there is much going on, but it's the holidays, I've been busy with my family. Theres also a lot going on in the background. I finally got an awesome build machine. I had a huge update planned tonight, but I wasnt able to ssh into the machine and get it going. Oh well. Heres some small stuff to hold you all over.

OMGB-5
    • EMMC Access For All Apps
    • MMS on 3g and WIFI
    • Microbe LWP
    • Nexus S LWP
    • Available on Rom Manager *Hopefully, need my pull request to go through
    • Rom Manager OTA Update Capable
    • Slightly Modified Boot Animation (by Ocelot13)
    • Nano Added *Here You Go N_I_X :p
    • USB Mounting Fixed! No More Gscripts!
    • Reverted to Kernel #18 to Fix Touchscreen Issues on Some Phones.
    Buglist
    • GPS
    • Camcorder

OMGB-4
    • 8MP Camera Working
    • Invisiblek #21 as Default Kernel. Its Beast!
    • Fixed Facebook Sync
    • MIUI Music App Added (Because It Looks Amazing)
    • Lock/Unlock Screen Sounds Specially for Ocelot13 :rolleyes:
    Buglist
    • GPS
    • Camcorder

OMGB-3
    • Fixed Browser FC
    • No More White Screen Of Death
    • Changed T-CDMA to WeDoDroid
    • Notification Pull Down No Longer Looks Janky
    • Multi-touch In Apps (Keyboard, Maps, etc)
    • Auto Correct In Keyboard Now Working
    • SoftKey Lights Working
    • Working Mic

OMGB-2
    Never released

OMGB-1
    Original Release

Downloads and Instructions

Please do not download from Rom Manager. These are Very outdated builds. I cant access my old ftp, so I need to wait for my pull request to go though on github so I fix it.
    No need to flash any of my builds over CM 6
    OMGB builds are the current builds. These are the ones you want to use.
    GRH builds are based off the SDK, and are depreciated.
    SGRH was built off the first system dump of the Nexus S, and is depreciated.
    S2GRH was built off the second system dump, and is depreciated.​

Downloads for All Builds

Quirks
    This rom does not come with a SetupWizard. You need to manually add your google account under Settings > Add Accounts, or by just opening up the market and signing in.

Your SD does not mount ot the PC like normal, so you need to use gscript. Ive already included the scripts, you just need to run them.

Those who have an SLCD, please flash with caution. There are some who have had problems. Also, everyone please backup your SD cards. We JUST fixed mounting, and an SD card can be very easily messed up. Thanks =]
    Changelog:
    v4
    New Wallpaper
    ADW.Launcher Included
    MUCH Faster
    Rom Manager Compatible (Waiting for pull request to go through)
    GPS Working
    Closer to Working Bluetooth
    Redone ProTips Widget
    Reboot Recovery Script included

v3
    wifi fixed
    new font
    new wallpaper
    custom made protips widget
    progress towards bluetooth
    progress towards audio
    sdcard mount/unmount scripts included in gscripts
    modified libs (hopefully a touch faster)

v2
    new wallpaper
    obtimized libs
    more inc specific files
    trashed some emulator files
    sdcard mounting
    sped up transition animations
    added signatures to lots of the files
    edited some branding

v1
    Hacked together ramdisk. A "ramdisk mish-mash" if you will.
    Pulled relevant files from CM. libs, /usr.
    ril from ID.
    We're lucky in that we're not the the first devs to port it. The Evo build helped us fix:
    keys, lights, lcd density... more stuff that I don't know what it QUITE does, but I pulled it anyway.

Grab gapps from CM. I'll get a link up. Link: http://wiki.cyanogenmod.com/index.php?title=Latest_Version
    Scroll downnn. Far right. Clicky.
    EDIT: Do a full boot of the ROM. THEN flash Gapps WITHOUT WIPING. After Gapps flash, do NOT wipe anything.
    IN OTHER WORDS, DO NOT WIPE ANYTHING AFTER INSTALLING THE ROM (unless you're about to install another).

r2DoesInc is downloading my build now. Once he's all good, I'll post link.

And now, for the main event. What you've all come to see... the LINK!!
    Wait, I lost it. Haha, okay, here it is. The LINK!!!!

http://www.mediafire.com/?bhqbw4ghnh9aze8
    People, please pay attention...

I know this will just get lost in the page shuffle in a few minutes, but seriously guys - and gals - please pay attention to the OP... The versions of R2's ROM on Rom Manager are outdated and antiquated - read: obsolete. The current AND STABLE version is in the OP, OMGB-4, not 3, not 2, not 1, not SDKv5... OMGB-4. I'm sure when R2 wakes up from his well deserved nap - or gets home from his finals - he will update Rom Manager to the current release. Until then, stop looking at Rom Manager, and learn to do the flashing manually.

Also, there is a KNOWN issue with Kernel #21 not working with SOME SLCD screens on Droid Incredible's purchased after September 10th or something like that. If you have no touch responsiveness, please install Kernel #18, which is available in the forums, and there is a link a few pages back in this thread. We are still working on Camcorder and GPS functionality, but other than those two items, the ROM is very fast and very stable. Until we get GPS fixed, location based programs will not install on your phone, so if you require the use of location based programs, WAIT until we get GPS fixed to flash this ROM.

kkthxbye.

-dragonriot
    Sorry, but I will never understand why people release a ROM that only partially works?

No GPS, No Video? What's the point of a half working phone?

No disrespect meant here.... but I think it should be a standard to have a ROM 100% working before being released.

Can't even take the time to read the other 4 pages of comments before I address this.

Welcome to the cutting edge.

Sent from my Htc Incredible using XDA App
    Happy Festivus (for the rest of us) http://bit.ly/gQZtxM