Increments in Tasker volume control

Search This thread

wolfgrrl

Jul 25, 2012
I'm on a Galaxy S10 Plus and have over 15 increments in all my sound controls. Tasker only has 15 increments. I've got Tasker set to lower my notification volume at work but Tasker's "1" step isn't low enough. My phone sound has the ability to go many steps lower than Tasker's "1".

How can I address this in Tasker to get the volume lower than 1 or to increase the sound increments in Tasker? Thank you!

ktmom

Retired Forum Moderator
Apr 22, 2015
Deep Space Station K7
A couple of thoughts...

If you use a variable entry set to 0, does it go lower? If you're not yet aware, tap the double arrow button to get to an input field.

Or, see if a custom settings action will give you fine grained control.

wolfgrrl

Jul 25, 2012
I'm not sure how to use a variable entry to adjust the sound. Can you please elaborate?

Thank you!

A couple of thoughts...

If you use a variable entry set to 0, does it go lower? If you're not yet aware, tap the double arrow button to get to an input field.

Or, see if a custom settings action will give you fine grained control.

ktmom

Retired Forum Moderator
Apr 22, 2015
Deep Space Station K7
I don't know what more to tell you. Create a variable, set it to a value (see the link that was posted) and use that variable in the action you are using to control the notification volume (tapping the crossed arrows to get the input field as mentioned in my first reply)

bikereep

Jan 29, 2020
Hi - I tried using a variable with settings of 0.5 and it just takes the volume down to zero. I also tried setting the media volume to the lowest setting and recording what value that was in a variable and it just came up as "1" despite a value of 1 not getting me the lowest volume level. Has anyone figured out how to do this?

entelecheia

Mar 13, 2020
It's clanky, but what I've done for the moment is to use Tasker to set Media Volume to zero, then in a simple loop I mimic pressing the "Volume Up" hardware button as many times as requested.

Task: Adjust Volume

A1: Media Volume [
Level: 0 ]

A2: Variable Set [
Name: %max
To: 17
Max Rounding Digits: 3
Structure Output (JSON, etc): On ]

A3: Variable Set [
Name: %num
To: 1

<loop>
A4: If [ %num < %max | %num = %max ]

A5: Button [
Button: Volume Up ]

A6: Variable Set [
Name: %num
To: %num + 1
Do Maths: On

A7: Goto [
Type: Action Label
Label: loop ]

A8: End If

A9: Flash [
Text: %VOLM
Continue Task Immediately: On
Dismiss On Click: On ]

I have the final Flash in there just to check out what Tasker is calling my required volume; I'll clearly be taking it out when I put the task into implementation, if I decide it works at least well enough for me.

For the record, I have a Samsung Galaxy S10e, on which I have used Sound Assistant to increase my volume rocker steps to 30.