Search This thread

techjeep

Oct 21, 2008
Chicago
Hrmmm...

no everything is greyed out

Apps2SD no checkmark
Apps2SD Disabled

That's odd. Only thing I can think of is maybe you installed some apps already. You might try wiping the data, reinstalling the system and seeing if you can enable it before installing any apps. Not saying it will work, but that's all I can think of.

HiPPoNaX

May 21, 2008
I've a 6GB microsdhc and I partitioned it this way:
1st partition: ~5,5 gbyte fat32
2nd partition: 512 mbyte ext2
3rd partition: 32 mbyte linux-swap

With this setup i was able to enable app2sd and swap function in the vogue parts app.

mca1

Aug 1, 2009
this is the best rom ive ever tried. all the others sucks. in this rom working my kiasers wifi-bluetooth . but no gps no video playing and camera app. my radio 1.71... how can we fix the GPS my friend?

tyler51773

Mar 23, 2009
tampa
No sound Kais100

Trying to do a haret install. I've tried every distro? {Myn, Poly, Incubus, cynogen}

Myn - Installed
Poly/cynogen- no install option
{Went the partition route as that was setup in an effort to make poly/cynogen installable, ironically i see options to install to a place but lack an install option in the installer}

Incubus - Installed

I had to use the lasted gps kernel by kallt_kaffe so that the dpad was usable in the installer. On bothin myn and incubus (this build rls 5) I have no sound. On myn I couldn't make calls. On this one I can make calls but still have no sound. Also tried zImage-eclair after the installation for sound. I notice on snd initialize it say it found -1, but was expecting 128 when initializing the device?

Would be awesome to have a haret version...

mreaglejr

Aug 26, 2006
Miami, FL, United States
anyone knows how to format and make partitions on micro sd with a pocket pc software? my pc's micro sd reader is dead. :( heelp. i tried some apps but none of them knew partitions. anyone with any experience? or idea?

tyler51773

Mar 23, 2009
tampa
mreagle/linux options.

Go buy a reader :|

I'm not sure if you're in the states but you can get a usb 2.0 microsd cardreader at publix for 15$.

As far as linux goes live cd's are great, but the wubi installer is an awesome option to put on your xp box. It installed all my wifi drivers and I can access my xp. So what's great about this is when I get that impossible virus I have a backup option that not only helps me do what I'm trying to do but delete all those nasty processes which where locked before hand. Not having a 4gb file on you're hd may actually cost you 60gb worth of data ;0 - just a thought.

The only complaint I have about wubu and ubuntu 10 is that I was having major issues getting the accelerated ati driver for my card setup. I don't have the time to fix it but before I realized that I didn't have opengl setup I was extremely impressed how much faster ubuntu is than xp, and wine is good enough to pretty much run anything from xp.

Anyhow i wish my haret would work. Till then I think i'm going to rename it hater.exe :|

mJoker

Dec 24, 2009
Chicago, IL
Heya, great build. Very fast compared to polymod and even Myn's which is pretty damn fast.

I have a couple issues though that I'm hoping I can get fixed. (I did look through the thread but I admit I mostly skimmed. Didn't see anything that could help me though)

I have 4 issues that I'm aware of.

• Contacts are kinda screwy. They work fine and everything but it's organized weird. It's still alphabetical but the first letter is 'S' and it has A-D under that S. Then under a lowercase 'e' it has all other contacts from E-Z... It's a bit odd. I don't care that much but I'd like to know if there's a fix for that.
  • The notes for RLS5 say that the Voice Search bug is fixed, but my system still reboots when I try to use it. Again, not a dealbreaker but kinda annoying.
  • Battery on more than one occasion has told me I have 40%-ish left, then suddenly drops to 4% and tells me I need to plug it in. Of the issues I'm having, this is the most annoying. Luckily I'm usually near a charger when this happens, but I'd still like to know if there's a way to fix that.
  • Camera isn't working. I'm aware that it's rare for the camera to work in an Android build, but I'd had a version of Myn's where it was working so I figured there was a chance that there's a fix out there somewhere. This isn't a big deal though I rarely use the camera. (I more want it for the barcode/QR scanner and Google Goggles. lol)

These are not huge issues and it's overall a terriffic build and you are to be commended for doing such a great job. The issues are annoying however, and I'd be happy if they were fixed.

Thanks in advance! :)

(I'm running the build from NAND. Info about my phone is in my signature. :D)

ben.kank

Sep 9, 2009
Status

I have been running rls5 for a week now. I have tried it on the SD card, Nand, and Nand and Ext2. This is by far the best build out there. It is fast and for very stable. I have found the following problems you may not have been aware of.

Bluetooth - Finds the device and connects. Am able to control the phone with the headset controls. Does not broadcast audio though. Tested it on two headsets, one with phone and media profiles and one with only a media profile.

Battery - Battery reports 100% charge too quickly then depletes rapidly. I played around with setting the battery capacity to 2000 but that had no effect. I have also noticed that one of my other winmo kaisers charges the battery when the phone is turned off while the android kaiser will glow amber for a few seconds and then the charging light turns off.

Currently using your rls5 and DZOs 3-5-10 nbh in Nand with ext2 on an AT&T Tilt Kais 100.

milanche

Jul 11, 2007
Bled
I have been running rls5 for a week now. I have tried it on the SD card, Nand, and Nand and Ext2. This is by far the best build out there. It is fast and for very stable. I have found the following problems you may not have been aware of.

Bluetooth - Finds the device and connects. Am able to control the phone with the headset controls. Does not broadcast audio though. Tested it on two headsets, one with phone and media profiles and one with only a media profile.

Battery - Battery reports 100% charge too quickly then depletes rapidly. I played around with setting the battery capacity to 2000 but that had no effect. I have also noticed that one of my other winmo kaisers charges the battery when the phone is turned off while the android kaiser will glow amber for a few seconds and then the charging light turns off.

Currently using your rls5 and DZOs 3-5-10 nbh in Nand with ext2 on an AT&T Tilt Kais 100.

Bluetooth - It's a known problem for all Eclair 2.1 builds. Bluetooth audio routing (and also Camera) are still not functional.

Battery - Here is a guide by user Millence on how to fix battery capacity problem. Hope it helps.

hawks-SOAD

Aug 24, 2009
Melbourne
Realme X7 Max 5G
Hi guys i ve been running this build for a while now but i have one problem with it MMS is not working for me im with Optus Australia the apn settings are

3G Internet/GPRS/Optus Internet
Name: Optus Internet
APN: internet
MCC: 505
MNC: 02
APN Type: default

Optus MMS/MMS Config
Name: Optus MMS
APN: mms
Proxy: 202.139.83.152
Port: 8070
Username: *
Password: *
Server: *
MMSC: http://mmsc.optus.com.au:8002/
MMS Proxy: 61.88.190.10
Port: 8070
MCC: 505
MNC: 02
Auth Type: None
APN Type: mms

but when i put them in the newly created apns disappear and i still cannot download any mms thanks