InDashNet Octa Core Lollipop Head Units Info Thread

Search This thread

touchpt12

Jun 18, 2010
New York, NY
That's great!
I hope the repacking goes well, I just mailed Thomas again to get instructions about the repacking just in case, since Dragonface doesnt work for this image, mostly for the differences in the default build.prop and script.bin files for this HeadUnit for what I can see.
I you can, share the link to the tools and some indications, the O.S. used doesnt matter

Im basically just waiting for confirmation on my CAN BUS working and the source release to get one of this, as a community, I think we can also help to make it better besides the customizations
(asked again about the list of radio chips options for those interested)

Thanks again, as always

I'm learning as I go... I want to eventually create a DEODEX version so that we can tweak the ROM and add themes. Getting root will be the ultimate goal.

rubenjavier

Mar 16, 2016
Madrid
I'm learning as I go... I want to eventually create a DEODEX version so that we can tweak the ROM and add themes. Getting root will be the ultimate goal.

root would be a blast to have!

the HuiFei type Head Units (rk3188) use this code on the Factory Settings menu item
*#hct#root#
and just after the code is introduced without a restart, you can install super su or kingroot
http://d.kingoapp.com/default/KingoRoot.apk

I dont know if such a code works on this lollipop image, but on the new lollipop image from joying its still working, as recently reported

I hope Im getting some good news soon about my car model and the source, so I can take the plunge and join you guys

I wish you success

rubenjavier

Mar 16, 2016
Madrid
Finally after a lot of attempts, I managed to compile a ROM with a working Playstore. Everyone, give it a try and report any issues. I will begin work on DEODEX and optimizations to improve this ROM even further.

Android Lollipop 5.1.1 w/Playstore
https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24499762636001953

Thanks touchpt12,
I've updated the resource post (2nd post) with link to your image with credits to you, to make it's access easier as this post grows

Got a mail fromThomas saying that Dragonface can actuall be used to modify his images, Im trying to find out wich version does work and post back

touchpt12

Jun 18, 2010
New York, NY
Thanks touchpt12,
I've updated the resource post (2nd post) with link to your image with credits to you, to make it's access easier as this post grows

Got a mail fromThomas saying that Dragonface can actuall be used to modify his images, Im trying to find out wich version does work and post back

rubenjavier, DragonFace is the utility I was using all along to extract the system files and mod them. I used the latest version 2.25. The issue with getting the ROM to boot and not crash was implementing the correct APKs etc.

CompletelyNumb

Feb 2, 2012
Calgary
I will test tomorrow and report back!

As for DragonFace, I tried saving an image with build.prop changes, it didnt boot properly. I also tried saving an image with a new boot logo, it too didn't boot properly. Every image I tried to alter failed to install or boot properly. The stock image worked fine. I tried no less than 3 dozen times. (5.1.1 img, DF2.25). Would love to know where I went wrong there.

swyner

Dec 30, 2009
Milton
Lollipop 5.1.1 with working Playstore (Video) :D
https://youtu.be/-twzN2Zfpbc

I created a new boot picture, made Nova Launcher my default launcher and added a clock/weather widget for the home screen.

Awesome! Thanks for doing that. The system seems really smooth and looks good. One thing I did notice is start up is just over 18 sec then wifi, bluetooth and everything else loads by about 33 sec. Obviously you are testing this on a bench but would be curious how long it would take to get radio playing from cold boot. Are there any "sleep" settings in the stock ROM?

Thanks again for all your work guys...

j0bro

May 28, 2006
Eindhoven
Hey all, this unit seems like a promising platform. Decent CPU+GPU combo and Android 5.1 capable, but it's unclear to me what the hardware connections are. The website also only 1 low quality picture for my car model (Kia Sorento: http://www.in-dash.net/buy_en/store/index.php?route=product/product&search=sorento&product_id=138) and doesn't have a picture of the rear side with the connectors. Does anybody know whether this unit has a video out (RCA) connection? I have two screens for my kids in the rear seats which I have currently connected to a Pioneer AVIC-F910BT unit.

Last edited:
Reactions: CadillacMike

j0bro

May 28, 2006
Eindhoven

CompletelyNumb

Feb 2, 2012
Calgary
I have a vehicle specific model. Your front bezel will be customized to match your vehicle, so long as it's not a universal model.

Good to note it didn't come with the proper mounting hardware, had to go to home depot and find my own screws.

Going to try that new image today. Has anyone got bluetooth working with 5.1.1? I notice there's no native bluetooth function in the android settings, and the supplied "bluetooth" app has no settings or connection dialog.

touchpt12

Jun 18, 2010
New York, NY
I have a vehicle specific model. Your front bezel will be customized to match your vehicle, so long as it's not a universal model.

Good to note it didn't come with the proper mounting hardware, had to go to home depot and find my own screws.

Going to try that new image today. Has anyone got bluetooth working with 5.1.1? I notice there's no native bluetooth function in the android settings, and the supplied "bluetooth" app has no settings or connection dialog.

Bluetooth works but only with pairing to your phone/tablet. Just look for your head-unit when scanning for Bluetooth devices and then connect to it.

swyner

Dec 30, 2009
Milton
Does anyone have Thomas' direct email? I have been emailing the indash.net general email and not sure if that is Thomas or not. I really need to find out the status of making my specific fascia for Audi TT. If someone has it can they PM me?

j0bro

May 28, 2006
Eindhoven
Yeah or just post it here. I also mailing via their website but got no reply. I wanted to see more hi res pictures of the actual units. The images on the website are very fuzzy and I would like to have more detailed specs about the hardware and connectors.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 6P met Tapatalk

Pattond

Aug 25, 2012
DFW
Does anyone have Thomas' direct email? I have been emailing the indash.net general email and not sure if that is Thomas or not. I really need to find out the status of making my specific fascia for Audi TT. If someone has it can they PM me?
In-Dash doesn't make any for my BMW, hopefully one of the other manufacturers makes one of these soon

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

CadillacMike

Apr 13, 2016
Louisville, KY
I also mailing via their website but got no reply.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 6P met Tapatalk

I emailed via their website and got a reply, but it didn't make a lot of sense. I thought in-dash was an American company but the text didn't read like English was their first language.

And the answer made no sense. I asked why there were three different units listed for Jeep, with different product numbers. All the pics and specs were the same. The email replied said they were all the same. Makes no sense

Sent from my SM-G935V using XDA-Developers mobile app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Just heard from Thomas. New update will be released this week addressing many of the issues noted in the log. I hope he provides a change log but he confirmed after this release, he will be moving is efforts to the Google Music and Apple Music issues. Awesome!!
    Thanks man, definitely something I need to look at. This could also explain the frequent 'Optimizing apps' dialog I get, makes me believe it boots with a cleared cache partition if it does. In the meantime, I sincerely hope the Radio-Back-Button-issue is resolved soon, it drives me crazy! :silly:

A quick cure version is coming to remove the 'evil back' function. :) Also the mode/mix audio will be removed.
    Hi all,

Just got a reply from Thomas on the G+ page about some documentation for the OctaCore Developer unit. Here is the literal quote:
    All documents, tools and SW update will be released here:

goo.gl/ROAT9A

"Developer Guide" is also uploaded there.
    direct acess: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8Nj9XViGv_6UFRUbE42YndlOW8/view

For Developer Edition:
    1) No need to get into recovery as in normal booting mode, you can directly push any software into unit by ADB(with root user/right by default).
    2) Best way of re-flash IMG is by PhoenixSuit via USB device(same one of ADB).
    3) If you want to release your IMG, please test it by adb. Then pack your modification by IMG tool Dragonface.

! If your unit is coming with canbus box, you may need to get into factory setting after full IMG re-flash.

I pointed Thomas to XDA, but he seems to use the G+ community for his communications. He wants to create one post that he will update with new information, so we can make a deeplink.
    So in the meantime, go and have a look on his Google Drive: https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B8Nj9XViGv_6TkpERXRJcnNjRFk&usp=drive_web#list
    @rubenjavier, can you update the first post again? Thanks!
    do you get root user right of adb? If yes, you don't need recovery, fastboot etc.
    1) If some thing wrong, you can always re-flash full IMG via USB device/slave to get system back.
    2) Once you get system back, play with adb with root user right is much easier(adb push, adb install).
    3) You can pack your own IMG with the tool DragonFace.

I just got my developers unit and had a chance to try out a few things, but have managed to get it stuck in an infinite boot cycle trying to 'optimize apps' when trying to install the amazon marketplace. I'd like to reflash with the image that includes play services linked on the top post but not sure how to get it into recovery mode. Any advice would be great. Thanks in advance!

---------- Post added at 02:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:58 AM ----------

Ok, I managed to get it into fastboot mode using adb reboot bootloader and I can see the device with the fastboot command. Which partition is ZX8802-51_V3.00IB_PV5R0058_EN.img supposed to be flashed to? I havent had to do this in a while and remember doing it with an update.zip to flashall or having a complete set of img file for the bootloader and radio.

Help! my unit wont boot, just as I was beginning to have some fun.
    Well from what I can see the unit looks promising in its stage. In eager to replace my newsmy and it's so hard not to jump in on the sale they have going on. I'm just a little concerned with the overall development & the FM signal issues. If it's bad in a GM product then it's going to be horrible in my vw with their antenna setup.

Plus I've asked in-dash (not sure who's answering the emails) a couple questions regarding the canbus and the answers haven't been the best. Not really wanting to spend another $600cdn on a radio and find out it's worse then my half functioning newsmy.

Anyone out there with one of these units using it as a daily commuter device? Can they shine some light on the questions I've asked?

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

Exactly...I have an Audi so I share your concerns with the FM radio reception issues.....it's so frustrating that we as consumers value flashy, bells and whistles, CPU, RAM, OS versions that really do not help a CAR STEREO perform the basic functions first. Not blaming the manufacturers since they just make what the masses want....in this case a "cheaper" car stereo that pretends to be a tablet so you can surf the internet, play games and do all these fancy things while driving (not). There are a few sellers out there (Tommy from AVIN) that actually know what I am talking about and spend time optimizing the Android based head unit for it's core functions of playing music, providing GPS. They also understand that choosing proper hardware first is key....you can do all you want to the software but if the damn FM radio chip is garbage, it won't ever work.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone