[INDEX][16 September 2013]TF300T & TG-INDEX of Roms/Dev Guides/Kernels/Recoveries/

Search This thread

agasagas

Mar 19, 2011
Vancouver, B.C.
Help will be highly appreciated.

My Tf300t (WW) is very outdated, it is still running 4.2.1 (Chromi) with TWRP 2.5.0. It wasn't updated for a long time and I want to give a try and update it with this ROM and give a life back to my TF300T. Can someone point me the right direction and path on which should I do first. I want to put this ROM on my tablet http://xdaforums.com/transformer-tf300t/development/rom-t2932783. Asus is kinda scary when it comes to rooting and prone to brick and I don't want to end up like that. So, here are my questions?
- Do I need to download any Asus FIRMWARE and update it first before I can do upgrading? If so, which in my case? I am currently in 4.2.1.
- My TWRP is still 2.5.0 and the ROM I am planning to use requires 2.8+ TWRP. How can I update to the latest? Do I need ODIN and flash the blob file over my existing one? OR should I use ADB driver in flashing TWRP?

Can someone point me the right file/links and steps to do the upgrade. Any help will be highly appreciated. THANKS!

tobdaryl

May 7, 2010
not involved this or any other unit because health issues. a long time
checking thread for rom you chosen found op gives links for thing need.
notice last post in rom thread today by op. suggest reading first 3 posts in rom thread ask questions there. op is still developing for tablet and have current info. notes tablet ended eighteen months ago memory not returned.
asked friend Lars type post me. I hope OK.
Lars

agasagas

Mar 19, 2011
Vancouver, B.C.
not involved this or any other unit because health issues. a long time
checking thread for rom you chosen found op gives links for thing need.
notice last post in rom thread today by op. suggest reading first 3 posts in rom thread ask questions there. op is still developing for tablet and have current info. notes tablet ended eighteen months ago memory not returned.
asked friend Lars type post me. I hope OK.
Lars

A little bit confused, but if this reply is for my inquiry I would like to say thank you though :) Neway' I'll recheck the links on the first page and hopefully some links in there still works. Again, thanks for your reply.

muratbaizhanov

Oct 19, 2010
Almaty
hello.
the links for the firmware from the OP seems dead. also cant download the firmware from the asus.com - there are only slashtop and pc suite.
how can i get the latest stock firmware for tf300t\tg? i'd like to restore factory firmware.

ClassicRed

Aug 6, 2009
France
Hey guys...
i have a tf300t (obvs...)...
I have tried several roms 4.4 and above (like omni, katkiss and cyanogen) and i get really bad performances...

However, i have a ug007 (rk3066 based device) running a kitkat rom and it runs decently fine (for a device that cheap).
The rom for this device is pretty vanilla...

Wondering... is there an almost vanilla kitkat rom for tf300t?... kinda like a nexus7 experience?
custom roms are very heavy and make my device almost unusable...
unless im doing something wrong?...

tobdaryl

May 7, 2010
Hey guys...
i have a tf300t (obvs...)...
I have tried several roms 4.4 and above (like omni, katkiss and cyanogen) and i get really bad performances...

However, i have a ug007 (rk3066 based device) running a kitkat rom and it runs decently fine (for a device that cheap).
The rom for this device is pretty vanilla...

Wondering... is there an almost vanilla kitkat rom for tf300t?... kinda like a nexus7 experience?
custom roms are very heavy and make my device almost unusable...
unless im doing something wrong?...

I have not tried slimkat but the description matches your request.
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2657847

tobdaryl

May 7, 2010
So my issue comes in when I download the firmware. It says to open the zip and you should see another file, open it and you'll get a blob. I'm not getting a blob, just another zip and then a cpgz. I'm on a mac, but not sure if that makes any difference.

It is a mac issue. Windows 10 ok, linux ok, mac(late 2010 macbook air - 10.12.2) fails to properly unzip.
I downloaded keka from the internet and it works fine - unzip twice and you have the blob. keka is in the app store but not free. Since this was a one time use I didn't purchase.
Note: I used the tf300t link and downloaded the latest us version for this test.

t3chwizard

Jul 20, 2013
Asus Transformer TF300T
LG Optimus G Pro
You will find here mirror links for latest updates as firmwares - kernels - utilities for TF300T - TF300TG - TF300TL - Thanks to @CrimsonKnight13
TF300T - http://ppl.ug/a84WJxmG_ho/
TF300TG - http://ppl.ug/skDPd5Z25Vw/
TF300TL - http://ppl.ug/Rflod5WkXyI/
Utilities - http://ppl.ug/Vhy7dIy2nw0/

@CrimsonKnight13 would you happen to have updated links for these mirrors? I know it's been a long time but I am looking for US firmware 10.4.2.13 for TF300T but cannot find any working links to it

EDIT: See this post, but if you can still upload any old firmwares you may have that would be great https://xdaforums.com/t/index-16-se...ides-kernels-recoveries.1697227/post-84363133

Last edited:

t3chwizard

Jul 20, 2013
Asus Transformer TF300T
LG Optimus G Pro

As all or most of these links appear to be on devhost which doesn't seem to be legit anymore, I found an ftp with a lot of the old firmwares, and I am downloading them all and will be uploading them to AndroidFileHost. Searched for a few days and got lucky to find it. Will add a link to the uploads when I am finished

Last edited:
Reactions: Vava®

t3chwizard

Jul 20, 2013
Asus Transformer TF300T
LG Optimus G Pro
As all or most of these links appear to be on devhost which doesn't seem to be legit anymore, I found an ftp with a lot of the old firmwares, and I am downloading them all and will be uploading them to AndroidFileHost. Searched for a few days and got lucky to find it. Will add a link to the uploads when I am finished
I know it's been a few months since I intended to do this but I have not forgotten.

Today I'm gonna see if I can finish uploading all the files I saved from the FTP I found back a few months ago.

I have nearly 15GB backed up of the stock firmwares, kernels etc... for TF300T/TG. I'll put a link with it when I am finished.

I gotta get them off my laptop because they are taking up space so if anyone is looking for them today is your lucky day.

Reactions: ebonit

t3chwizard

Jul 20, 2013
Asus Transformer TF300T
LG Optimus G Pro
I know it's been a few months since I intended to do this but I have not forgotten.

Today I'm gonna see if I can finish uploading all the files I saved from the FTP I found back a few months ago.

I have nearly 15GB backed up of the stock firmwares, kernels etc... for TF300T/TG. I'll put a link with it when I am finished.

I gotta get them off my laptop because they are taking up space so if anyone is looking for them today is your lucky day.

As promised here you guys go, all the files I found on this public FTP share backed up on androidfilehost

I don't think I'll be updating this but if you have anything significant you would like added, reply here and I can try to add it at some point

Reactions: RaS_KoR

Top Liked Posts