[INDEX] All modification custom for REDMI 8

Search This thread

fabien976

Feb 14, 2019
France
Xiaomi Redmi 8
Redmi 9 Power
Hi !
i regroup here all CUSTOM MODIFICATION for the phone , if i forget one tell me for help me complete the index

CUSTOM ROM :

[ROM] {10} LIneageOs 17.1 [GSI] Build For Xiaomi Redmi 8 (UNOFFICIAL) by @zarco89

aospextended Device Tree for Redmi 8 olive and rom [Olive] (UNOFFICIAL) by @zarco89

MIUIMIX 2.0 ROM (11.0.8) for Redmi 8 by @vinith 32

GUIDE How to Instal GSI ROM- Havoc-OS-v3.5-Official-arm64 A/B On Redmi 8 by @Darth Inferno

[ROM][9.0.0][UNOFFICIAL] [redmi 8/olive LineageOS 16.0 by @zarco89

[ROM][11.0][OFFICIAL][olives] crDroid v7.7 for Redmi 8/8A/8A Dual (unified) by [SIZE=4]IAmDeadlylxrd[/SIZE]
https://xdaforums.com/t/rom-aosp-11-0-unofficial-olives-pixel-experience-for-redmi-8.4366771/

[ROM][AOSP][11.0][UNOFFICIAL][olives] Pixel Experience for Redmi 8 by

Fenix46

ANOTHER CUSTOM ROM : FOR THIS ROMS NEED TO USE KERNELS WITH "IW" (INBUILT WLAN) PREFIX IN FILENAME IF YOU NEED TO USE HOTSPOT OR/AND WIFI!

EvolutionX by deadlylxrd

Nusantara Project by deadlylxrd

Xtended ROM by Jaxer159

Pixel Experience by Jaxer159

CherishOS by me_cafebabe

LineageOS by me_cafebabe

Project Sakura (official) by IAmDeadlylxrd

dotOS (official) by IAmDeadlylxrd

This rom can running on Redmi 8/8A/8 A DUAL

GSI ROM : WARNING it's possible what the following rom subject are not availlible on XDA !!!

Expressluke GSI roms

Resurrection Remix OS by @expressluke

Havoc OS OFFICIAL

Tunahan-s GSI roms

Igor-s7 GSI roms

Zerovoid GSI roms

Ancient OS OFFICIAL

Lineage OS 17.x by Andy Yan

AOSP by phhusson

look tutorial for how install GSI ROM or this tutorial by @Darth Inferno like havoc OS

FIRMWARE :

[Firmware] Xiaomi Redmi 8 [olive] [Auto updated daily!] by @yshalsager

KERNEL:

[KERNEL][4.9.225] LOLZ V8 [olive] (OFFICIAL) by @jprimero15

RECOVERY :

[RECOVERY] [OLIVE] Sky Hawk Recovery Project v2.2 [07-03-2020] by @afiqqo231

[RECOVERY] [TREBLE] [OTA] OrangeFox Recovery Project for Redmi 8 by @altsec
If you want update look this (it's OrangeFox site)

[RECOVERY][OFFICIAL][3.3.1][olive]TWRP for Xiaomi Redmi 8 by @oguz298

OTHER :

I don't know where to place that so...

[ROM][Stable] MIUI 11 xiaomi.eu (original but custom ???) by @Camerado

Gapps :
For this phone choose : ARM64 -----> "android version what you want" -----> Stock

PLS READ all page before install or report any things :)

I hope helpfull you :)

NB : the link in this thread come from Redmi 8 goup , if you want Telegram link's pm me :)

If i forget one things pls help me with one "hello" in your answer pls it's work here and another thread and it's pleasure :)

Last edited:

rootjunkie404

Apr 24, 2019
thank you very much for this index! really helpful. I have a question I want a debloated miui rom so which rom will be good and stable for daily use? xiaomi.eu or miuimix?

fabien976

Feb 14, 2019
France
Xiaomi Redmi 8
Redmi 9 Power
I didn"t try any rom for now because i just receive the phone and i didn't get the protection.. but when i reading any post on the forum i suggest to you try MuiMix or Xiaomi.eu and leave feedback here or in the rom thread.

soltanisamir

May 23, 2014
Souk Ahras
Hi,
what is the best stable GSI ROM if u have tested?

Expressluke GSI roms
Havoc OS OFFICIAL
Tunahan-s GSI roms
Igor-s7 GSI roms
Zerovoid GSI roms
Ancient OS OFFICIAL
AOSP by phhusson

fabien976

Feb 14, 2019
France
Xiaomi Redmi 8
Redmi 9 Power
Hi,
what is the best stable GSI ROM if u have tested?

Expressluke GSI roms
Havoc OS OFFICIAL
Tunahan-s GSI roms
Igor-s7 GSI roms
Zerovoid GSI roms
Ancient OS OFFICIAL
AOSP by phhusson

Hi , i not yet tested gsi rom because my phone is on warrantly and officialy support on the phone is not dead :)

fonzacus

Jun 23, 2016
30 Seconds From Mars
Xiaomi Redmi 8
just took a peek back after so long and was excited to see a new and official rom for our phones, ill give a short review in a few days since im somewhat busy,. hopefully others can chime in with their experience

also, any thread/info on the dragonfire kernel found in your 'another custom rom' section? shouldnt it be also included with the LOLZ kernel in the same section? i found no TL:DR info for it. must be a custom kernel built for our phone

Reactions: fabien976

Godot11

Mar 16, 2017
What's the current status on this, what's the most stable, complete (i.e. everything works) and featureful ROM for Redmi 8?

I'm at the dawn of my phone's custrom age, and you could save me some pain if you'd tell me your opinion. What's the best one for daily use, if you like fancy things and hate things not working?

fonzacus

Jun 23, 2016
30 Seconds From Mars
Xiaomi Redmi 8
What's the current status on this, what's the most stable, complete (i.e. everything works) and featureful ROM for Redmi 8?

I'm at the dawn of my phone's custrom age, and you could save me some pain if you'd tell me your opinion. What's the best one for daily use, if you like fancy things and hate things not working?
unfortunately for us the only way to know is to try them all out since theyre all still new (@skittels15 and @IAmDeadlylxrd ). download and usage stats do say hundreds, but many of users arent here. itd be much better if they were all encouraged to join the XDA and share their experiences but yeah, what else can we do?

im currently on crdroid 07-05 and honestly i find it stable enough for daily usage (i dont play games on droids). apart from 100% 'my bads' i havent noticed anything major, @mrjoker18 has tried a ton of them though.

and honestly with the current ROM devs, id suggest to not try GSIs

Godot11

Mar 16, 2017
To answer my own question: I'm on the SakuraOS official ROM for the past few days, and it is literally flawless. Everything works down to the tiniest stuffs, no glitches despite my serious tweaking and testing, and it's super smooth, pretty and customizable. SafetyNet works too.

Frankly, it feels like a proper manufacturer OS. Better than the original MIUI.

I also tried DotOS before it for a week, which was nice, but had a few glitches. GPS didn't work, couldn't record video with the included camera app, and I had some random reboot and freezes. I also prefer SakuraOS's look TBH.

skittels15

Jul 5, 2018
wapdomik.ru
Xiaomi Redmi 8
unfortunately for us the only way to know is to try them all out since theyre all still new (@skittels15 and @IAmDeadlylxrd ). download and usage stats do say hundreds, but many of users arent here. itd be much better if they were all encouraged to join the XDA and share their experiences but yeah, what else can we do?

im currently on crdroid 07-05 and honestly i find it stable enough for daily usage (i dont play games on droids). apart from 100% 'my bads' i havent noticed anything major, @mrjoker18 has tried a ton of them though.

and honestly with the current ROM devs, id suggest to not try GSIs
Аll @IAmDeadlylxrd's and my roms tested and not have critical bugs and recommended for daily use. Don't panic about bugs. And all roms tested by maintainers and some users from our Telegram-communities. All roms is tested before release to public.

About DotOS: this rom have bugged sourcecode. All device-specified bugs was fixed long time ago in device tree. All roms have only rom's source-specified bugs.

Reactions: fonzacus

fonzacus

Jun 23, 2016
30 Seconds From Mars
Xiaomi Redmi 8
Аll @IAmDeadlylxrd's and my roms tested and not have critical bugs and recommended for daily use. Don't panic about bugs. And all roms tested by maintainers and some users from our Telegram-communities. All roms is tested before release to public.
dont take it the wrong way guys, im very thankful to you guys for porting ROMs here. i just havent tried the other releases thats why i said us forum users have to take a test run as most people dont comment on their experiences here. itd be nice if the telegram community could also come here and say hi from time to time

Top Liked Posts