[INDEX][FAQ]Guides-Rom-Fix-Kernels-Themes-Tips-Q&A

laotzy

Feb 5, 2012
Dear colleagues, after having dug tons of material I have understood one thing- if one has a stock ROM/stock firmware, CWM won't work with it 100% on the Galaxy Mini. I have already installed on my rooted Mini CWM 5.2.0.8 and while it is able to make cache partition it cannot make a backup saying something like "unable mount/system":eek: As I don't like very much neither customed cars nor customed firmware, well, may be only a little, my question is: if I install a custom ROM only and don't touch anything else, would the CWM work as it should, with the backup able to be done? Thank you for any info.

Last edited:

laotzy

Feb 5, 2012
Now I can confirm- if you want your CWM to work propely you must have a modified firmware. I have flashed one of these and my CWM 5.2.0.8 started to work fine! I was able to backup and then restore what I wanted to.

Awesome.Jie

Jun 11, 2012
Did you..?

CM7 is best yeah i know.. but tell me one thing. i found issue with CM7 on my samsung galaxy mini.. i can't use my mobile mess storage by connecting to pc :'(.. every time when i TURN ON USB STORAGE phone gets restart.. plz help me someone..

Did You wipe data/Cache after installation? coz if not then that might be the cause of the problem, other than that, it might be the version of cm7 you got

raensoe

Sep 14, 2012
WOW. This thread is awesomely useful especially for new comers! Thank you very much for taking the time to make this wonderful thread :D

Sent from my GT-S5570 using Tapatalk 2