[INDEX] Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 - ROMs, Kernels, Recoveries, Themes, MODs [14th Dec '15]

Search This thread

Ancientgreed

Dec 30, 2017
Moto G Stylus 5G
Need help my tab 3 smt217a I am stuck out of recovery mode only able to boot into odin need help please I'm afraid im out of my depth with this device and need help to get stock recovery img

axxel84

Mar 29, 2013
Ravenna
I own a SM-T211 that runs Zephyr rom, but I'd like to make it a bit smoother.
I was wondering if there is a way to downgrade it at a earlier Android version, like 2.3.6 or similar. I googled and searched xda about it but I didn't found anything.
If it is not possible, what can be the best option? I use the tab only with wifi, so I won't mind if there was some experimental rom without working 3g.

Reactions: SKS1656

SKS1656

Jul 22, 2018
My T211 is very choppy.....and it takes too much time to respond and apps works very slowly. Freezes sometimes....looking for a solution to optimise my Samsung galaxy Tab 3 T211.

Reset or formatting doesn't helps.

gunpop

May 12, 2017
Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 Lite (sm-t111M)

Hello everybody, (i'm brazilian, sorry my english)
Have any version of custom rom to tihis model of title?
I look for a version, to update my tablet, and seach on the web, but not found.
Have any idea or site/location to find a compatible rom to install?

ruben15prd

Dec 21, 2014
Error flashing cm 11 with sm-t110

Hello,
I recently started to develop my own roms for specific devices. I have succesfully compiled cm 11 for samsung sm-t110.

I tried to flash the generated zip "cm11-20190621-UNOFFICIAL-goyawifi" through TWRP 2.7.0.1 made by @gr8nole but throws "set_metadata_recursive error".

I have read that this error is caused by using a outdated TWRP version, so I have also built TWRP from sources using: "https://github.com/omnirom/android_bootable_recovery" in "android-4.4" branch.

When finished compiling I get a "recovery.img" file, but when I try to flash with Odin it gets stuck in "recovery.img" and the process never finish.

¿Can someone help me?.

I hope that we can get cm11 for sm-t110.

Thanks.

ruben15prd

Dec 21, 2014
Error flashing cm 11 in sm-t110

Hello,
I recently started to develop my own roms for specific devices. I have succesfully compiled cm 11 for samsung sm-t110.

I tried to flash the generated zip "cm11-20190621-UNOFFICIAL-goyawifi" through TWRP 2.7.0.1 made by @gr8nole but throws "set_metadata_recursive error".

I have read that this error is caused by using a outdated TWRP version, so I have also built TWRP from sources using: "https://github.com/omnirom/android_bootable_recovery" in "android-4.4" branch.

When finished compiling I get a "recovery.img" file, but when I try to flash with Odin it gets stuck in "recovery.img" and the process never finish.

¿Can someone help me?.

I hope that we can get cm11 for sm-t110.

Thanks.

Attachments

• Captura.PNG
    Captura.PNG
    223.8 KB · Views: 169

ruben15prd

Dec 21, 2014
@ruben15prd
IMG Files can you flash with your existing TWRP
You see a Button flash Zip and on the right flash Img

@bierma32, thanks for you reply.

I see this options
1.jpeg
in TWRP 2.7.0.1, I didn´t find a option to flash .img, only zip files.

I copied the "recovery.img" in external_sd and is not showing. Also I tried to compress the recovery.img in zip format and now is showing in TWRP menu, but when i flash it, gives a error.

To flash cyanogenmod 11 without updating recovery I have modified the "updater-script" inside rom package replacing set_metadata_recursive by set_perm_recursive, and now didn´t show an error while flashing, but i´m stuck in a bootloop, i will try to take a log from /proc/dmsg to see what is failling at boot time, but this logs seems to be cleared every time the device starts.

I will keep searching. :)

Thanks for the help.

Attachments

• 1.jpeg
    1.jpeg
    90.9 KB · Views: 382
  • 2.jpeg
    2.jpeg
    109.6 KB · Views: 380

RealWelder

Sep 17, 2014
Muncie, IN

I see this options
1.jpeg

I copied the "recovery.img" in external_sd and is not showing. Also I tried to compress the recovery.img in zip format and now is showing in TWRP menu, but when i flash it, gives a error.

To flash cyanogenmod 11 without updating recovery I have modified the "updater-script" inside rom package replacing set_metadata_recursive by set_perm_recursive, and now didn´t show an error while flashing, but i´m stuck in a bootloop, i will try to take a log from /proc/dmsg to see what is failling at boot time, but this logs seems to be cleared every time the device starts.

Thanks for the help.
When you are in the Install section there should be a drop down box that lets you choose between "Install Zip" or "Install Img."

Sent from my LG-Q710AL using Tapatalk

Reactions: ruben15prd

RealWelder

Sep 17, 2014
Muncie, IN
Can you get a rooted shell going while in TWRP? If so you can flash manually with dd command.

You would first have to do

ls -l /dev/block/platform/.../.../by-name/

The parts with the dots are different depending on the device.

Once that command is ran, it will list all of the partitions on the phone by name and block number. I think on mine recovery was 7, it's been a while, though.

So then you would use your dd command like this:

dd if=/storage/externalSD/recovery.img of=mmcblk0p7

("if" path could be different depending on where you put the recovery and then just select the correct dev block for recovery in the "of" part)

Hope this helps.

Reactions: ruben15prd
Nov 26, 2012

I see this options
1.jpeg

Thanks for the help.

I have a spare SM-T110 that I would be very interested in using to assist you trouble shooting. Do you have a link to your created CM11? Also where did you get the proprietary blobs from for it for making the rom? I began hunting to do it yesterday and was stumped as to where they are at (making a rom for the SM-T110 would be my first attempt, but not the first flashing/rooting/etc on other devices)...

ruben15prd

Dec 21, 2014
I was thinking that this Option was able from TWRP 2.7.x but it is possible that is included from 2.8.7..x

I couldn´t find in 2.7.0.1 maybe it´s only included from 2.8.7.

---------- Post added at 09:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:38 PM ----------

Can you get a rooted shell going while in TWRP? If so you can flash manually with dd command.

Once that command is ran, it will list all of the partitions on the phone by name and block number. I think on mine recovery was 7, it's been a while, though.

("if" path could be different depending on where you put the recovery and then just select the correct dev block for recovery in the "of" part)

Hope this helps.

Seems to be a nice idea, tomorrow will try it.

Thanks.

---------- Post added at 10:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:42 PM ----------

I have a spare SM-T110 that I would be very interested in using to assist you trouble shooting. Do you have a link to your created CM11? Also where did you get the proprietary blobs from for it for making the rom? I began hunting to do it yesterday and was stumped as to where they are at (making a rom for the SM-T110 would be my first attempt, but not the first flashing/rooting/etc on other devices)...

I don´t have uploaded cm11 already because I don´t want to broke devices, I prefer at least a booting rom to share , If you want to check the rom, I can provide you the zip with cm11 through gmail, or google drive :).

I got the sources from http://opensource.samsung.com/ but i have searched for our sm-t110 and nothing is appearing today, maybe is a temporal error. Although i have uploaded to my github account that is: https://github.com/ruben15prd/propietary-vendor-samsung-sm-t110 and also I keep the original downloaded zip.

Thanks to all for the help.:laugh:

ruben15prd

Dec 21, 2014

Hope this helps.

With this method you can flash the recovery.img.

In particular my recovery´s partition was on mmcblk0p9 so I have executed:

dd if=/external_sd/recovery.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p9

Now, tablet keeps rebooting but for sure is that TWRP needs some tweaks to boot.

Thanks.

AlessandroM

Jul 17, 2019
TWRP loop on SM-T111

Hi Guys,

i have a stock ROM and flashed the TWRP but whet i try to use it the tablet get stuck in a loop showing the TWRP logo.
Then i flashed back the stock recovery and it works fine.

The strange thing is that the first time i used the TWRP, it worked smoothly but when i rebooted the problem started.
Now how can i flash a custom ROM without TWRP working? Please help me if you can.

I have already cleared the cache using the stock recovery.
Thank you

ruben15prd

Dec 21, 2014
Hi Guys,

i have a stock ROM and flashed the TWRP but whet i try to use it the tablet get stuck in a loop showing the TWRP logo.
Then i flashed back the stock recovery and it works fine.

The strange thing is that the first time i used the TWRP, it worked smoothly but when i rebooted the problem started.
Now how can i flash a custom ROM without TWRP working? Please help me if you can.

I have already cleared the cache using the stock recovery.
Thank you

Hi,

I don´t have the sm-t111 but...
- Have you tried to flash stock rom and make all wipes?
- Are you using the specific TWRP for your device?

hanush14

Mar 6, 2014
I own a SM-T211 that runs Zephyr rom, but I'd like to make it a bit smoother.
I was wondering if there is a way to downgrade it at a earlier Android version, like 2.3.6 or similar.

Did you try downgrading?

My T211 is very choppy.....and it takes too much time to respond and apps works very slowly. Freezes sometimes....looking for a solution to optimise my Samsung galaxy Tab 3 T211.

Did you find any solution?

Top Liked Posts