[INDEX][Google Camera] Port APKs table [27/02/2019]

GCSortes

Jun 14, 2014
Salvador
Whats this thread about?
I've created a table comparing multiple GCam ports so that I can choose the best one for me. Since a lot of people were asking me what version of Google Camera I was using, what functions work, what don't, etc, I decided to share with the forum and I will try to keep this table updated.

Safety WarningGoogle Camera Port: Safety Warning
• These files come from unofficial sources.
• People say these files are safe and I never had issues with them, but I cannot assure you they are safe.
• Use at your own risk. Don't blame me if something bad happens.
Is this port safe?
This is a Google Camera app modified by people like BSG, Arnova8G2, Ivanich, etc, and shared by them on forums like XDA Developers and 4PDA. It's based on the Google Camera app available through the Play Store for Nexus and Pixel users. Some developers take the original apk and do their own modifications (eg: BSG) and others try to improve the work from others (eg: Ivanich improving BSG's versions to work on the OnePlus 3).
It's up to you:
It's important to understand that these files don't come directly from Google. Modifications are done by people that could, if they wanted to, add malicious code. There are risks when installing apps from the internet. Download and install only if you understand the risks.
DonateGoogle Camera Port: Donations
The website I mentioned is very helpful for traking the latest releases from BSG and other devs. If you find it useful please consider donating to the creator so that it can maintain the service running.

About my phone
Model: Global
ROM: MIUI 10.0.4 Stable
Android Version: 8.1
Recovery: TWRP
Camera2API: Activated
Rooted: Yes
Patch: v1.136a Magisk MIUI

Telegram
New patches updates: RN5 Camera Patch™ | Channel
Global camera discussion group: Xiaomi RN 5 AI GLB | | Camera

The APKs can be downloaded from Google Camera Port .
Front camera Portrait, HDR+ and other features have some random bugs in the Redmi Note 5 AI Global/CN. From my experience, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't and start saving black photos.

Suggested versions:
Pixel 2: Arnova's v8.3b1 .
Pixel 3: MGC_6.1.021_MI8_V2a+.apk and MGC_6.1.021_BSG_Arnova-based_v.1.3d_TlnNeun_2.apk .

Table Legend

FC = Force Close
P = Portrait
HDR = HDR+ Enchanced
NS = Night Sight
V = Video Recording
? = That the feature wasn't tested yet
FCHDR = Force close after taking a photo in HDR+Enchanced but it still saves the photo
FCNS = Force close after taking a photo in Night Sight but it still saves the photo
The best-performing versions are marked in bold

Attachments

Last edited:

Kapiljhajhria

May 3, 2011
gurgaon
Also mention your why red model. Because different whyred models have different camera sensors
Whats this thread about?
I've created a table comparing multiple GCam ports so that I can choose the best one for me. Since a lot of people were asking me what version of Google Camera I was using, what functions work, what don't, etc, I decided to share with the forum and I will try to keep this table updated.

Safety Warning
• These files come from unofficial sources.
• People say these files are safe and I never had issues with them, but I cannot assure you they are safe.
• Use at your own risk. Don't blame me if something bad happens.
Is this port safe?
This is a Google Camera app modified by people like BSG, Arnova8G2, Ivanich, etc, and shared by them on forums like XDA Developers and 4PDA. It's based on the Google Camera app available through the Play Store for Nexus and Pixel users. Some developers take the original apk and do their own modifications (eg: BSG) and others try to improve the work from others (eg: Ivanich improving BSG's versions to work on the OnePlus 3).
It's up to you:
It's important to understand that these files don't come directly from Google. Modifications are done by people that could, if they wanted to, add malicious code. There are risks when installing apps from the internet. Download and install only if you understand the risks.
More information in Google Camera Port: Safety Warning.

About my phone
ROM: MIUI 10.0.4 Stable
Android Version: 8.1
Recovery: TWRP
Camera2API: Activated
Rooted: Yes
Patch: MIUI Magisk Camera 2.0 Patch

The APKs bellow can be downloaded from Google Camera Port. Best version so far: GCam-5.1.018-Pixel2Mod-Arnova8G2-V8.3b1.apk (Without Night Sight)

Donate
The website I mentioned is very helpful for traking the latest releases from BSG and other devs. If you find it useful please consider donating to the creator so that it can maintain the service running.
Google Camera Port: Donations
Sent from my Redmi Note 5 Pro using Tapatalk

GCSortes

Jun 14, 2014
Salvador
Update 09/12/2018

New ports tested:
GoogleCamera_6.1.021.220943556.apk
MGC_6.1.021_V1d-Advances_test2.apk
MGC_6.1.021_V1d-Advances_test1.apk
MGC_6.1.009_Poco-oreo_san1ty.apk

Reactions: raptorddd

GCSortes

Jun 14, 2014
Salvador
Update 12/12/2018

Tested new APKs:
MGC_6.1.021_BSG_Arnova-based_v.1.1_TlnNeun.apk
P3v8_GoogleCamera_6.1.021.apk
MGC_6.1.021_BSG_Arnova-based_v.1.0_OP6test2_TlnNeun.apk.apk
MGC_6.1.021_BSG_Arnova-based_v.1.0_TlnNeun.apk

I'm using MGC_6.1.021_MI8_V1d.apk from BSG 05/12/2018 as my daily driver because HDR+Enchanced and NS are working (with some bugs but they work)

Reactions: raptorddd