[INDEX][Google Camera] Port APKs table [27/02/2019]

Search This thread

Anupam Mahato

Jun 27, 2014
Bangalore
I think this thread is not for REDMI NOTE 5 PRO(Indian version) because i tried almost every bulid of google camera and i never face any error in front camera or night sight crash,even photobooth started working from 12th dec build. The major bugs i face 1) camera preview lag 2)slow motion( but it also works on some pixel 2 (5.1...) version apk's... I think your device is Redmi note 5 AI or Global one though every model's coded as "WHYRED".it's little bit confusing. BTW a great article hope you understand what i want to say..

Grellenort

Nov 22, 2015
I think this thread is not for REDMI NOTE 5 PRO(Indian version) because i tried almost every bulid of google camera and i never face any error in front camera or night sight crash,even photobooth started working from 12th dec build. The major bugs i face 1) camera preview lag 2)slow motion( but it also works on some pixel 2 (5.1...) version apk's... I think your device is Redmi note 5 AI or Global one though every model's coded as "WHYRED".it's little bit confusing. BTW a great article hope you understand what i want to say..

"About my phone
Model: Global" - in first post.

avaritia

Sep 1, 2015
can confirm about bunch of Gcam 6.1 just plain crash when opened (yes, i'm using Global version). :)
A bit of testing with different bunch of AOSP rom on this forum it result of many possibilities even with the same apk. Some of em works, while some of em is just crashed imidiately. :confused:
Me personally still on GCam_Pixel3Mod_1.1_build.6.1.013 by Arnova and most of the feature that i need is working just fine (HDR+ Enhanced and Night Sight. I'm not a selfie person though :p )

i think we may need more feedback as much as possible between different GCam variety and ROM that they're using as much as we could so we could gather the data to fill the table (maybe kernel type as well? idk)

thanks OP for the table btw :highfive:

Last edited:

GCSortes

Jun 14, 2014
Salvador
i think we may need more feedback as much as possible between different GCam variety and ROM that they're using as much as we could so we could gather the data to fill the table (maybe kernel type as well? idk)

thanks OP for the table btw :highfive:

:highfive:
I don't plan leaving MIUI 10 because I like the screen gestures (for me it only loses for the new Oxygen OS). Changing ROMs or kernels might or not affect the ports performance, we would have to test that. What would really make a difference would be a GCam developer for the RN5Pro based on BSG/Arnova that could analyse and fix the bugs, but I don't think that will happen because some people are already changing to other phones like Poco.

Reactions: raptorddd

GCSortes

Jun 14, 2014
Salvador
Update 22/12/2018

The table was updated with a lot of new tests. The
Code:
 table became impracticable due to the large amount of characters needed, that's why I'm coming back to the [IMG] table.

Reactions: raptorddd

abdullah1994uk

Jan 2, 2013
Thanks for all your work. Just a quick question which patch is it you flash from the A2 thread? Is it the test version?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Whats this thread about?
    I've created a table comparing multiple GCam ports so that I can choose the best one for me. Since a lot of people were asking me what version of Google Camera I was using, what functions work, what don't, etc, I decided to share with the forum and I will try to keep this table updated.

Safety WarningGoogle Camera Port: Safety Warning
    • These files come from unofficial sources.
    • People say these files are safe and I never had issues with them, but I cannot assure you they are safe.
    • Use at your own risk. Don't blame me if something bad happens.
    Is this port safe?
    This is a Google Camera app modified by people like BSG, Arnova8G2, Ivanich, etc, and shared by them on forums like XDA Developers and 4PDA. It's based on the Google Camera app available through the Play Store for Nexus and Pixel users. Some developers take the original apk and do their own modifications (eg: BSG) and others try to improve the work from others (eg: Ivanich improving BSG's versions to work on the OnePlus 3).
    It's up to you:
    It's important to understand that these files don't come directly from Google. Modifications are done by people that could, if they wanted to, add malicious code. There are risks when installing apps from the internet. Download and install only if you understand the risks.
    DonateGoogle Camera Port: Donations
    The website I mentioned is very helpful for traking the latest releases from BSG and other devs. If you find it useful please consider donating to the creator so that it can maintain the service running.

About my phone
    Model: Global
    ROM: MIUI 10.0.4 Stable
    Android Version: 8.1
    Recovery: TWRP
    Camera2API: Activated
    Rooted: Yes
    Patch: v1.136a Magisk MIUI

Telegram
    New patches updates: RN5 Camera Patch™ | Channel
    Global camera discussion group: Xiaomi RN 5 AI GLB | | Camera

The APKs can be downloaded from Google Camera Port .
    Front camera Portrait, HDR+ and other features have some random bugs in the Redmi Note 5 AI Global/CN. From my experience, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't and start saving black photos.

Suggested versions:
    Pixel 2: Arnova's v8.3b1 .
    Pixel 3: MGC_6.1.021_MI8_V2a+.apk and MGC_6.1.021_BSG_Arnova-based_v.1.3d_TlnNeun_2.apk .

Table Legend

FC = Force Close
    P = Portrait
    HDR = HDR+ Enchanced
    NS = Night Sight
    V = Video Recording
    ? = That the feature wasn't tested yet
    FCHDR = Force close after taking a photo in HDR+Enchanced but it still saves the photo
    FCNS = Force close after taking a photo in Night Sight but it still saves the photo
    The best-performing versions are marked in bold
    gcam_apks.png
    Hi, I'm testing since days with 2 whyreds (Global version and AI), and I think I have the "best" combo to get front cam working (GCam 5.1) in the majority of the cases, this rom, this cam and this patch.

That rom has something with the vendor, I don't know exactly what, but the camera works almost perfectly, now I'm testing with that vendor in other roms, but is not 100% stable for daily usage.
    That link didnt work either, but I managed to figure out the actual link:

https://imgur.com/1tphzM1

Sometimes it also disappears for me. I'll make the table available in text format as well as an image (which has a cleaner look).
    Thanks for the work! I'm using the suggested GCam and night sight works flawlessly, it's wonderful. I'm using MIUI 10.EU stable (10.2.1.0) for Whyred

You're welcome! There are a lot of new ports to be tested. Since the last update, 24/12/18, I've tested some and BSG v2a+ still seems to be the best.
    Isn't mentioned in the post.

Update 11/12/2018
    Thank you for your feedback! :fingers-crossed:
    Ps.: There are new ports available that I'm still testing.