Search This thread

meme405

Dec 2, 2011
Vancouver
Welcome to the​
HTC Evo 3D GSM Development Index Thread
@Developers, please put the DATE in the topic! It makes it much easier to track

565s1w.jpg

If I Have Missed Out Any New Developments Please Leave A Reply With A Link To The Thread. It Will Help Greatly!

Legend​
  • MAGENTA - Indicates Updates
  • RED - Indicates ALPHA or Problems/Trouble with the ROM
  • GREEN - Indicates BETA
  • BLUE - Indicates My Personally Recommended ROMS (For old ROM versions only)

ROMS:
Jelly Bean

Sense 4.0 (ICS)

Sense 3.6 (ICS)

Sense 3.5 (GB)

Sense 3.0 (GB)

"Senseless"

AOSP

MIUI

STOCK

KERNELS:

ICS KERNELS

GB KERNELS

Hit the THANKS button!

Last edited:

meme405

Dec 2, 2011
Vancouver

HeadQuaker

Nov 30, 2008
Hello,
Can I submit an other idea ?

Make a list of some rules to ROMs Cookers because I think it's really difficult to distinguish ROMS between them

Here an example (it's important to respect the order !):

Topic Name:
[TYPE]-[Date]-[Android Version : Sense]-[ROM Name : ROM Version]-[Other things]

Here an explanation:
[TYPE] -> Is the type of the subject like [ROM] or [MOD]
[Date] -> Is the date of the LAST release -> [25.06.2012] for example
[COOKER | ROM Name : ROM Version] -> Is the name and the version of the rom -> [predator_395 | GENESID 3D : v1.8]
[Android Version : Sense] -> [Android 4.0.4 : Sense 3.6], could be SENSELESS or AOSP or MIUI ...]
[Other things] -> [Beats, ....]

Here a view of some examples
[ROM]-[25.06.2012]-[Android 4.0.4 : Sense 3.6]-[predator_395 | GENESID 3D : v1.8]-[Beats]
[ROM]-[22.06.2012]-[Android 4.0.3 : SenseLess]-[TeamEVO | CM09 : v0.1]-[Beats,Xlouds]
[ROM]-[27.05.2012]-[Android 4.0.3 : Sense 4.0]-[Virtuous Eclipse : v1.0.0]
[ROM]-[27.05.2012]-[Android 4.0.3 : MIUI]-[SuperHQ : v1.0.20]

Multi Releases:
[ROM]-[27.05.2012]-[Android 4.0.3 : SENSE4.0 / MIUI / AOSP]-[SuperHQ : v1.0.20]

Dont you think it's a good idea ?

I think it's easier to read !

The most important things are the release date, android version and sense version.

meme405

Dec 2, 2011
Vancouver
Hello,
Can I submit an other idea ?

Make a list of some rules to ROMs Cookers because I think it's really difficult to distinguish ROMS between them

Here an example (it's important to respect the order !):

Topic Name:
[TYPE]-[Date]-[Android Version : Sense]-[ROM Name : ROM Version]-[Other things]

Here an explanation:
[TYPE] -> Is the type of the subject like [ROM] or [MOD]
[Date] -> Is the date of the LAST release -> [25.06.2012] for example
[COOKER | ROM Name : ROM Version] -> Is the name and the version of the rom -> [predator_395 | GENESID 3D : v1.8]
[Android Version : Sense] -> [Android 4.0.4 : Sense 3.6], could be SENSELESS or AOSP or MIUI ...]
[Other things] -> [Beats, ....]

Here a view of some examples
[ROM]-[25.06.2012]-[Android 4.0.4 : Sense 3.6]-[predator_395 | GENESID 3D : v1.8]-[Beats]
[ROM]-[22.06.2012]-[Android 4.0.3 : SenseLess]-[TeamEVO | CM09 : v0.1]-[Beats,Xlouds]
[ROM]-[27.05.2012]-[Android 4.0.3 : Sense 4.0]-[Virtuous Eclipse : v1.0.0]
[ROM]-[27.05.2012]-[Android 4.0.3 : MIUI]-[SuperHQ : v1.0.20]

Multi Releases:
[ROM]-[27.05.2012]-[Android 4.0.3 : SENSE4.0 / MIUI / AOSP]-[SuperHQ : v1.0.20]

Dont you think it's a good idea ?

I think it's easier to read !

The most important things are the release date, android version and sense version.

This is exactly what I am planning on doing; however I need to get caught up on updating the list first.

Im waiting for a reply from Ihataya to see if he will email me the HTML for the old thread. It will all be fixed soon.

anryl

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 27, 2007
prague
POCO M3
This is exactly what I am planning on doing; however I need to get caught up on updating the list first.

Im waiting for a reply from Ihataya to see if he will email me the HTML for the old thread. It will all be fixed soon.

Why u wait just make quote on his op u get the code It's so easy

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D X515m using xda premium

elias17

Jul 8, 2012
Jeita
If u make a section for roms for the bootloader 1.53.007 and s-on ao people will know which roms to flash it will be awesome:)

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D @1.5ghz using anryl kernel ;)

Pawnty

Sep 30, 2010
Regina, Canada
AOSP is AOSP and Senseless is Senseless....

But a more in depth explanation

AOSP is built from official Android sources, and doesn't include any parts of HTC Sense. As such, until recently, the Camera and 3D functionality didn't work in AOSP roms. Also since this lacks HTC Sense you won't have all those fancy widgets that people seem to love but I think are hideous.

Senseless is more-or-less just as much of AOSP as possible loaded on top of the bare minimum of HTC Sense required to have everything working.

Reactions: n00bje

meme405

Dec 2, 2011
Vancouver
Why u wait just make quote on his op u get the code It's so easy

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D X515m using xda premium

Thanks to anryl, i got this rolling. I didn't realize if you quote it actually give you the HTML coding in of their post.

Its too bad because ICS was released between the time of the last update and now, that all of the stuff from the old post is obsolete...lol

Progress is being made...

EDIT: To any mod, can we get this dev list sticky'ed and get both the other two unsticky'ed so that we dont have a ton of useless old ones up there? I hate having to scroll past all that non-sense (pun intended) to see the development...

meme405

Dec 2, 2011
Vancouver
Okay, Just completed a big update, very close now.

But I have a major question before I go any further. Do you guys want to see a complete list, including all the roms that simply 1 terrible version gets uploaded then development is abandoned?

For example, going back to the GB Sense 3.0 roms, I feel like deleting some of the roms simply because they suck. I mean no offense to the developers, but there is no reason some of those roms should be used over Leedroid's ROM. And some of them had one version with countless bugs, then development was abandoned.

I know the topic says full list, but I rather not include these roms as they clutter up the generally useful and good roms...

Reactions: n00bje

testman86

Mar 23, 2012
Okay, Just completed a big update, very close now.

But I have a major question before I go any further. Do you guys want to see a complete list, including all the roms that simply 1 terrible version gets uploaded then development is abandoned?

For example, going back to the GB Sense 3.0 roms, I feel like deleting some of the roms simply because they suck. I mean no offense to the developers, but there is no reason some of those roms should be used over Leedroid's ROM. And some of them had one version with countless bugs, then development was abandoned.

I know the topic says full list, but I rather not include these roms as they clutter up the generally useful and good roms...

I think to give the reades a good overview you should implement all available ROMs. And ROMs with four weeks without development can be listed seperately. What do the others think?

This would be fair, because ignoring the work of some Devs is not nice I think...

Reactions: phikal

katamine

Apr 15, 2012
That is your decision, it's your workload you do what you feel like doing. Only thing I agree on is to make it a separate section from the most up to date if you decide to.

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D X515m using Tapatalk 2

testman86

Mar 23, 2012
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1354732&page=36

This is an good example why to keep ROMs. After two months the Dev was back because HTC released the kernel sources.

So I do not know how to handle it. I would think, as I said, a "present" list and after 4 weeks or so the ROMs get on an "old" list. So its clear which ROM is more or less under developement und nothing gets lost. Any other idea? :)

But thanks that you do this work! :)

Top Liked Posts