[INDEX] Moto E [Condor] Factory Firmware Images

Search This thread

lost101

Inactive Recognized Contributor
May 30, 2008
I'm just wondering if anyone's tried this thing or if anyone can think of something that can go wrong if I do this.
I still am able to find out how to dump my radio. Doing a lot of search to find out how.:confused:
I'm sure I'll be the only one responsible if I brick my device. :good:

This thread includes instructions on how to dump your radio:

To flash dumped partition back to handset:
adb shell
su
dd if=/sdcard/radio_firmware.img of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/modem​

All that is assuming Moto E has a similar partition structure to Moto G. You can check partition layout by running the terminal command:
ls -l /dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name​

There have been no reported bricks with Moto G, and the only serious problem (lost IMEI) is caused by people running 'fastboot erase all.' Don't try random fastboot commands and you should be fine. Many people use Single SIM firmware on the Dual Sim model.

Last edited:

Hetalk

Sep 30, 2011
Ahmedabad
This thread includes instructions on how to dump your radio:

To flash dumped partition back to handset:
adb shell
su
dd if=/sdcard/radio_firmware.img of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/modem​

All that is assuming Moto E has a similar partition structure to Moto G. You can check partition layout by running the terminal command:
ls -l /dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name​

There have been no reported bricks with Moto G, and the only serious problem (lost IMEI) is caused by people running 'fastboot erase all.' Don't try random fastboot commands and you should be fine. Many people are running Single SIM firmware on the Dual Sim model.

Thanks man. I managed to find this info yesterday and was able to dump my radio image. Then I realized, these radio images are already present in factory firmwares, that I downloaded from another thread in this forum
BTW, I've been using fastboot on my gnexus since last couple years.
This weekend, when I get some spare time, I'm gonna try flash 4.4.3 firmware on my xt1022 and see if everything (except 2nd sim) works fine.
Thanks again for your response. :good:
Nice thread you've got in Moto G section. Hope you make 1 for this device as well.

G

g33kparineeti

Well can I flash single sim firmware for dual sim variant???

I'm using XT1022 dual sim variant from India....
I don't need the 2nd sim slot.... I just plan to use the primary sim slot....

Will flashing firmware for another region cause errors in my device??? If yes, what type of errors???

I have unlocked bootloader, flashed TWRP and rooted successfully only to find Gravity Box not working on dual sim devices!!! :mad:
So will flashing the single sim firmware cause Gravity Box to work???

Anyone on XT1021 can confirm whether GB is working on it???

Btw, my device firmware is Blur_Version.20.11.14.condor_retaildsds.retaildsdsall.en.03 and I'm planning on installing Blur_Version.20.11.15.condor_retuglb.retuglb.en.US.... This is the US Retail version right???

Thanks in advance... :good:

G

g33kparineeti

@lost101 Can you please say flashing which region firmware won't be causing radio problems on my XT1022???
I plan on installing single sim rom on my dual sim condor to get the magic of GravityBox...

G

g33kparineeti

International unbranded generic Single Sim Firmware.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

Thanks for your kind reply....

Can you please point out which is International unbranded generic Single Sim Firmware among these.... http://sbf.droid-developers.org/phone.php?device=34

Is there any risks of bricking my device???

---------- Post added at 08:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:05 PM ----------

There are no problems doing it on Moto G (other than only one working SIM) - Try it and report back here.

Will report back ASAP.... but which single sim firmware should I flash among so many options??? Can you please point out one....
And won't causing a US variant firmware cause baseband errors in an Indian device???
Won't there be any problems in calling, texting???

arnabJ

Dec 18, 2012
Asansol
www.proficientapps.in
Thanks for your kind reply....

Can you please point out which is International unbranded generic Single Sim Firmware among these.... http://sbf.droid-developers.org/phone.php?device=34

Is there any risks of bricking my device???
I can't exactly say which one of them is the International version.

If you follow the guide for flashing stock firmware carefully then there's no chance of you bricking your device.

It's better not to flash US firmware as the problems you stated may occur for few carriers in India.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

Hetalk

Sep 30, 2011
Ahmedabad
I just tried the 4.4.3 Canada version and it wont detect my sim card, irrespective of the slot i use.
So, no use trying it on xt1022.

G

g33kparineeti

I just tried the 4.4.3 Canada version and it wont detect my sim card, irrespective of the slot i use.
So, no use trying it on xt1022.

Well so there's no chance of bricking my device??? Which thread did ya follow to restore stock firmware???

I'm planning on flashing Blur_Version.20.11.15.condor_retuglb.retuglb.en.US....
Will report back...
Wish me luck.... :p

Hetalk

Sep 30, 2011
Ahmedabad
Well so there's no chance of bricking my device??? Which thread did ya follow to restore stock firmware???

I'm planning on flashing Blur_Version.20.11.15.condor_retuglb.retuglb.en.US....
Will report back...
Wish me luck.... :p

I havent restored my original firmware yet. I'm still playing around.
I'll use this thread to restore my firmware.
All the best for trying US version. :good:

satanas17

lost101

Inactive Recognized Contributor
May 30, 2008
People with Brazilian dual SIM Moto G are able to flash US single SIM firmware and still make calls. However this may not be the case for Moto E.

Do not flash the AWS version. It's intended for specific regions.

This should be the global firmware:
Android 4.4.2 - Blur_Version.20.11.15.condor_retuglb.retuglb.en.US​

Last edited:
G

g33kparineeti

People with Brazilian dual SIM Moto G are able to flash US single SIM firmware and still make calls. However this may not be the case for Moto E.

Do not flash the AWS version. It's intended for specific regions.

This should be the global firmware:
Android 4.4.2 - Blur_Version.20.11.15.condor_retuglb.retuglb.en.US​

Well sorry to say but I flashed the Android 4.4.2 - Blur_Version.20.11.15.condor_retuglb.retuglb.en.US firmware on XT1022....
But unfortunately sim doesn't get detected at all in any sim slot.... :(
Everything else is working smooth except can't make calls/text.... :crying:
Gravity Box is running like a breeze though....
Even the status bar tweaks are running which weren't previously...

Attachments

• Screenshot_1970-01-02-07-16-29.png
    Screenshot_1970-01-02-07-16-29.png
    95.3 KB · Views: 265
  • Screenshot_1970-01-02-07-16-40.jpg
    Screenshot_1970-01-02-07-16-40.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 262
  • Screenshot_1970-01-02-07-16-56.png
    Screenshot_1970-01-02-07-16-56.png
    75.8 KB · Views: 262
G

g33kparineeti

I havent restored my original firmware yet. I'm still playing around.
I'll use this thread to restore my firmware.
All the best for trying US version. :good:

Please follow this thread... http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2756609

The thread you mentioned has got some mfastboot commands wrong...

You should type these commands in the given order....
mfastboot.exe flash system system.img_sparsechunk.0
mfastboot.exe flash system system.img_sparsechunk.1
mfastboot.exe flash system system.img_sparsechunk.2

But the thread you mentioned has got these screwed!!! :eek:

Hetalk

Sep 30, 2011
Ahmedabad
Please follow this thread... http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2756609

The thread you mentioned has got some mfastboot commands wrong...

You should type these commands in the given order....
mfastboot.exe flash system system.img_sparsechunk.0
mfastboot.exe flash system system.img_sparsechunk.1
mfastboot.exe flash system system.img_sparsechunk.2

But the thread you mentioned has got these screwed!!! :eek:

I know, but I figured them out.
Again, I just flashed twrp recovery and restored my backup. So am back to what I had initially. :good:

Deadly

Jul 19, 2012
Bangalore
OnePlus 5
Well i had an unfortunate business. had made backup from adb and god knows for what reason i encrypted. now restore starts and "restore ended" comes after 2 seconds. tried android backup extractor with 2 extra files for password protected backup operations. yet its throwing error. after hours of hours of googleing and what not. had enough and now trying to restore via helium and other sill y backups i had made like from es file explorer and backup your phone apps. wish i could have used adb restore backupname.ab though :(

Top Liked Posts