• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[INDEX] Motorola Droid Razr M (2012)

Search This thread

cisz8

Feb 7, 2016
98.30.1.XT907.Verizon.en.US Thu Sep 26 2013 bootloader cannot be unlocked, upgrade with VZW_XT907_4.4.2-KDA20.62-10.1_1FF.xml (RSD Lite or House of Moto)
which can be unlocked.
I'm not sure if I'm understanding this correctly, but I flashed my xt907 droid razr m with the 10.1_1ff version using house of moto. When I ran the motorola utility to see if it could be unlocked (motorola-global-portal) it said it didn't qualify.

sd_shadow

Recognized Contributor
Sep 21, 2011
South Dakota
goo.gl
Motorola Droid X
Essential Phone
98.30.1.XT907.Verizon.en.US Thu Sep 26 2013 bootloader cannot be unlocked, upgrade with VZW_XT907_4.4.2-KDA20.62-10.1_1FF.xml (RSD Lite or House of Moto)
which can be unlocked.
I'm not sure if I'm understanding this correctly, but I flashed my xt907 droid razr m with the 10.1_1ff version using house of moto. When I ran the motorola utility to see if it could be unlocked (motorola-global-portal) it said it didn't qualify.

read and
try the links in this thread

Sent from my KFFOWI using XDA Labs

Apr 8, 2016
Please give me the correct link of Safestrep recovery for Motorola Droid Razr M (XT907) . .

sd_shadow

Recognized Contributor
Sep 21, 2011
South Dakota
goo.gl
Motorola Droid X
Essential Phone
Please give me the correct link of Safestrep recovery for Motorola Droid Razr M (XT907) . .
Safestrap was released for ICS & Jellybean and it will not work on KitKat in its current state.

Hashcode stopped supporting Safestrap for the Razr M/HD when Dan Rosenberg released Motopocalypse (Pre KitKat). No need for Safestrap when we had unlocked bootloaders.

Sent from my XT1031

If you have additional questions or require more help, try to find an existing thread, or create your own thread in the Q&A forum. Do not use this as a general help thread.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

sd_shadow

Recognized Contributor
Sep 21, 2011
South Dakota
goo.gl
Motorola Droid X
Essential Phone
Do safestrap works in Xt907 latest build...?
No
Safestrap was released for ICS & Jellybean and it will not work on KitKat in its current state.
Hashcode stopped supporting Safestrap for the Razr M/HD when Dan Rosenberg released Motopocalypse (Pre KitKat). No need for Safestrap when we had unlocked bootloaders.

If you have additional questions or require more help, try to find an existing thread, or create your own thread in the Q&A forum. Do not use this as a general help thread.

roxor57

Oct 26, 2015
No

Cant we port safestrap from verizon samsung s4 as i saw it was working on it...?

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk

Thefreckle

Jan 31, 2016
caracas
Stuck on Verizon's Red Screen

Greetings, sd_Shadow and guys, this is my history, :( a few days ago my device got stuck after I entered the recovery to perform "wipe cache" from then does not progress from the Verizon red screen, so I think it is a "Luge" model since the others models appear a "Red Eye" for what I've seen in several post, in short, perform each step in detail as mentioned by shadow, It is worth mentioning that try with other firmware but some firmware does not work give me errors in certain steps, the only ones that complete the process are those firmware that begin with "VERIZON_XT907_4.4.2..........xml" as mentioned by shadow, and not by "VZW_XT907....." but in the same way when reaching the last step "reboot" is still for a long time in the symbol "M" and after giving the message "manually restart the device" It changes to Verizon's red screen, and there it gets stuck, it does not advance.
I have seen so many options and alternatives in different post that the truth is not what will be the optimal
I do not know what to do, and I do not want to try something that will make it worse, so guys;
I appreciate your help very much, please. :fingers-crossed:
@sd_shadow
@kcipopnetvets
@ATTACK
@DiamondJohn
@rahimali

any idea?

Last edited:
Greetings, sd_Shadow and guys, this is my history, :( a few days ago my device got stuck after I entered the recovery to perform "wipe cache" from then does not progress from the Verizon red screen, so I think it is a "Luge" model since the others models appear a "Red Eye" for what I've seen in several post, in short, perform each step in detail as mentioned by shadow, It is worth mentioning that try with other firmware but some firmware does not work give me errors in certain steps, the only ones that complete the process are those firmware that begin with "VERIZON_XT907_4.4.2..........xml" as mentioned by shadow, and not by "VZW_XT907....." but in the same way when reaching the last step "reboot" is still for a long time in the symbol "M" and after giving the message "manually restart the device" It changes to Verizon's red screen, and there it gets stuck, it does not advance.
I have seen so many options and alternatives in different post that the truth is not what will be the optimal
I do not know what to do, and I do not want to try something that will make it worse, so guys;
I appreciate your help very much, please. :fingers-crossed:

Sounds like maybe 1 of two things. 1) cable isn't good enough. This phone is very picky with cables. It took me several tries to find one that worked. Or 2) the micro USB port is broken (which is the case with mine). In my case the clip that slides into the cable broke in two and the pins won't connect to the cable when plugged in.

They make the replacement USB port, I just don't have the tools to open it and replace it.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 using XDA Labs

Thefreckle

Jan 31, 2016
caracas
Sounds like maybe 1 of two things. 1) cable isn't good enough. This phone is very picky with cables. It took me several tries to find one that worked. Or 2) the micro USB port is broken (which is the case with mine). In my case the clip that slides into the cable broke in two and the pins won't connect to the cable when plugged in.

They make the replacement USB port, I just don't have the tools to open it and replace it.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 using XDA Labs

Honestly I have not tried what you say, in fact I am using a laptop with a blackberry usb cable, the device connects well and is recognized by the laptop, in both RSD and ADB or FASTBOOT, complete all the steps or commands respectively, but once the process is finished either in RSD or FASTBOOT at the time of restart does not advance the M logo and start a BootLoop, two or three times to move to the red screen of Verizon and there is stuck, I will test your opinion to see What results and I comment :good:

Thefreckle

Jan 31, 2016
caracas
Honestly I have not tried what you say, in fact I am using a laptop with a blackberry usb cable, the device connects well and is recognized by the laptop, in both RSD and ADB or FASTBOOT, complete all the steps or commands respectively, but once the process is finished either in RSD or FASTBOOT at the time of restart does not advance the M logo and start a BootLoop, two or three times to move to the red screen of Verizon and there is stuck, I will test your opinion to see What results and I comment :good:

nothing happen, it did not change at all, it continues to behave the same :confused:

ATTACK

Jan 8, 2012
@Thefreckle - Sorry, I really can't be of any help to you on this matter. I haven't used this device in 4 years, and I don't really remember a thing about it.

Reactions: sd_shadow

Top Liked Posts