[INDEX] Samsung Galaxy S3 LTE - ROMs, Kernels, MODs, Recoveries, Themes [12 Feb 2017]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Pe1ican0

Jan 31, 2014
MasterBoy71,

wich rom is better at this moment. Rodman s or CM13?

Why you use CM 13?

I'm german.

Beste Grüße
Olibe

Gesendet von meinem SM-G900F mit Tapatalk
They are both based on the CyanogenMod cm13 sources anyway. Same source code for 9x% of the code
Biggest difference must be the RIL (radio interface layer) implementation along with other minor differences.
Both ROM work fine for me. I use plan's rom as my daily atm.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

benkxda

Jan 28, 2012
MasterBoy71,

wich rom is better at this moment. Rodman s or CM13?

Why you use CM 13?

I'm german.

Beste Grüße
Olibe

Gesendet von meinem SM-G900F mit Tapatalk

I'm kind of German, too (Bavarian). :laugh:

As @limjh16 said, there is no "THE BEST" ROM for everyone. But if you like a highly customizable ROM, than I can suggest to try out rodman01's Resurrection Remix. I am very happy with this ROM, obviously because of its customization features, but beside this it's also very battery friendly and the animations are really smooth. RR is based on CM, but I would use CM only if there would not be another great working ROM.

Kudos to @rodman01 for his bunch of i9305 ROMs and his durable support for the S3 LTE. Without him the ROM availability would be rare, keep that in mind.

Oswald Boelcke

Senior Moderator / Moderator Committee
Staff member
I'm new. Looking for some advice.

Hello community. I'm glad that I've made it to here.

For about half a year I'm now owning a Samsung Galaxy S3 LTE (GT-I9305), and I'm pretty happy with this device.
It came with CM-10.1.3-i9305 but I've migrated to the CM11 nightlies (currently CM-11-20160410-NIGHTLY-i9305 ) just recently.
CM11 doesn't suit me at all as I've tremendous problems with the writing permissions of the internal memory.

Some additional and hopefully information:
- Build cm_i9305-userdebug 4.4.4 KTU84Q 0353b49858 test-keys
- TWRP 3.0.2
- SuperSU Free (CM) V2.65
- Baseband I9305XXUEMK1
- Kernel 3.0.64-CM-gfb6555f [email protected] #1 Sun Apr 10 11:14:52 PDT 2016

Main and intended usage of my phone (95%) consists of making phone calls and text messaging (including secure via Signal), some surfing in the internet and utilisation of some apps, which require internet connection and location (from my perspective preferably course location). Minimum use of GAPPS is intended; however, I know that a few of my preferred applications require the play services and framework.
I'm not at all gaming and not using any of the so-called "social" networks.
Maintaining privacy of my personal data is of utmost importance i.e. I want to be able to use AFWall+, Networklog and Xprivacy.

As I previously said I'm really unhappy with the current CM11 nightly.

I'd really appreciate if somebody is able to recommend a ROM that suits my requirements the best.

Thanks in advance for your support, and I'm looking forward to learning from you all.

Oswald Boelcke

Staff member
Overview Pro's/Con's CM13 vs. RR

I say it but nobody believe me.
Cm11 is buggy.
Use CM13 or ResurectionRemix both roms got they advantage.
Personaly i like the CM13.
Sectorian, I appreciate your quick reply. Thx very much. :)
Is somewhere a comparison already available showing the differences in capabilities betwenn CM13 and ResuractionRemix and possibly their pro's and con's. I'm convinced this could easily enhance my decision making process.

Last edited:

Sectorian

Apr 27, 2013
Sectorian, I appreciate your quick reply. Thx very much. :)
Is somewhere a comparison already available showing the differences in capabilities betwenn CM13 and ResuractionRemix and possibly their pro's and con's. I'm convinced this could easily enhance my decision making process.

Pan offert jusy archi optimization whit f2fs partiton.
RR cm base kernel source.
Botw rom are working fine whit agni kernel.

Reactions: Oswald Boelcke

limjh16

Oct 20, 2015
Singapore
I don't recommend marshmallow if you value signal strength a lot. For me (idk if it happens with anyone else) I have bad signals in areas where I previously had good signal. You should trtry some of the tw based or AOSP based kitkat ROM.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using XDA Labs

Reactions: Oswald Boelcke

Oswald Boelcke

Staff member
I don't recommend marshmallow if you value signal strength a lot. For me (idk if it happens with anyone else) I have bad signals in areas where I previously had good signal. You should trtry some of the tw based or AOSP based kitkat ROM.

limjh16, thanks very much for the advice that I really appreciate. However, with my current experience with CM11 I don't intend to go for anything related to Android 4.4.4.

@[STRIKE]all[/STRIKE]: May it be advisable to go for a different baseband in conjunction with CM 13 or RR 5.6.7 due to limjh16's experiences?
Edit 28-04-16: Went to modem XXUFOA1-VD2-I9305XXUFNL1 a few days ago, and I'm quite happy.

I flashed Resurrection Remix v5.6.7 yesterday, and I'm simply fascinated.
This ROM is awesome, unreal, ****ing amazing; I don't know how to express it better!:good:

Last edited:

zeroarst

Jan 2, 2011
Hi has anyone with Marshmallow is able to use GravityBox?? I really want CM Pie Control and hardware key configuration (long press back button to kill app). So far I use Resurrection Remix® M but unable to launch GravityBox. It always says "gravitybox system framework not responding". I know this not recommended with custom ROM but I wonder if any of them will work?
I also use [AGNi][STOCK] 19-04-2016 AGNi pureSTOCK I9305 (ULTRA SMOOTH) on the other phone of mind. But am still unable to get GB works. No idea why.
I have tried both LMT and Pie Control app but I think CM Pie Control is still lot more better. It has a lot of actions can be added (flash, kill app...etc).

Anyone use MM successfully with GB please let me know which, thanks!!

limjh16

Oct 20, 2015
Singapore
Hi has anyone with Marshmallow is able to use GravityBox?? I really want CM Pie Control and hardware key configuration (long press back button to kill app). So far I use Resurrection Remix® M but unable to launch GravityBox. It always says "gravitybox system framework not responding". I know this not recommended with custom ROM but I wonder if any of them will work?
I also use [AGNi][STOCK] 19-04-2016 AGNi pureSTOCK I9305 (ULTRA SMOOTH) on the other phone of mind. But am still unable to get GB works. No idea why.
I have tried both LMT and Pie Control app but I think CM Pie Control is still lot more better. It has a lot of actions can be added (flash, kill app...etc).

Anyone use MM successfully with GB please let me know which, thanks!!
I think it says on gravitybox page, do not use with any heavily customisable rom". As a general rule do not use with CM based roms eg RR. Or stock bloated roms eg touchwiz.

As for long press back button for kill app I think there's option under " buttons" in settings

Oswald Boelcke

Staff member
I think it says on gravitybox page, do not use with any heavily customisable rom". As a general rule do not use with CM based roms eg RR. Or stock bloated roms eg touchwiz.

As for long press back button for kill app I think there's option under " buttons" in settings

I fully concur to your statement regarding GravityBox and custom ROMs. It's clearly stated in the GravityBox's OP, and I can't understand how people cry for help or support if they don't obey the OP.

Regarding the buttons (and I'm talking RR): For me, only the home and the menu button are customisable, not the back button; however, even for the other two no kill option is provided.

P.S. It feels somehow curious that the original question was raised in this thread but not in the Q&A part (http://forum.xda-developers.com/gal...ung-galaxy-s3-lte-roms-kernels-t2999494/page2).

Mumtaz77

Jan 22, 2012
Budapest
Just read through the OPs of all ROMs, and you're going to find the one you desire.

Now I'm using Bliss Pop some weeks ago. This is a great ROM, but one problem is the USB charging. If i use the radio in my car to charge the phone, its just slow down the discharge. So no up charging.
If I flash the agni kernel, to let me charging rates changeable, the phone is randomly freeze, or not wake up and screen is leave blank.

But this rom is the best for me, just this charging problems make me nervous.

benkxda

Jan 28, 2012
Now I'm using Bliss Pop some weeks ago. This is a great ROM, but one problem is the USB charging. If i use the radio in my car to charge the phone, its just slow down the discharge. So no up charging.
If I flash the agni kernel, to let me charging rates changeable, the phone is randomly freeze, or not wake up and screen is leave blank.

I don't know how much you know about electronics, so I start explaining it the easier way.

I still use the i9305 (not with Bliss ROM, but Resurrection Remix, also a CM based ROM) and stock kernel and I also can charge it via my car, which has built in USB ports. The main problem with the built in USB ports is, they deliver only the current, a computer USB port can deliver and as it's USB 2.0, I get 500 mA theoretically, but actually I have about 400-450 mA (measured with an USB current and voltage "multimeter").

If I charge my device via those built in USB ports, while its screen is on for navigation or so, my device is discharging like yours. It discharges even faster, when I would activate Bluetooth, WiFi or mobile data and high screen brightness... so I bought a 12 V car USB adapter which offers two USB outlets, one 1,2 A and a second 2,4 A USB port. Even if I use to charge with the smaller 1,2 A (actually the device drops it to 1,0 A), my device is charging. The other fast charging port negotiates 1,5 A with the smartphone, so definitely not charging twice as fast, but also not getting twice as hot as well.

Please check the incoming current of your phone while charging at the radio USB port with the well known app Ampere. It's not 100% accurate, but may show you the reason why your device is discharging. Test some sceneries, using the app with low and high screen brightness, with activated WiFi/mobile data/GPS etc. and with all those things shut off. If you try it with a 12 V car USB adapter with at least 1 A charging current, you definitely should get a charging state, even not fast though.

Please report back, so we can follow this issue, thanks.

Oswald Boelcke

Staff member

I think @benkxda really covered the point and has provided the solution to your issue.
As I only use my GT-I9305 for phoning (with bluetooth headset) while driving, I don't charge the phone in the car. Please apologise that I didn't think far enough. I also placed my reply to you on the Q&A section of this thread, this morning. Please find it here.

limjh16

Oct 20, 2015
Singapore

Also there is a ask away thread, next time ask there instead :)

Oswald Boelcke

Staff member
Just a short remark in regard to the OP: [KERNEL][AGNi][CM] 18-05-2016 AGNi pureCM v5.10.3 I9305 (ULTRA SMOOTH) also contains AGNi v4.5.5, which works great on my device with RR 5.7.0.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts