[INDEX] Samsung Galaxy S3 LTE - ROMs, Kernels, MODs, Recoveries, Themes [12 Feb 2017]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

wutzin

Feb 27, 2012
Thanks for maintaining this!
I have a few edit suggestions for OP:

The first two sections are extremely outdated and should be deleted:
a) the Announcement section is from 2014... Maybe delete that stuff?
b) the Specials section starts with a link to "Major Custom ROM comparison database. Thanks to @louisjms. Visit his XDA discussion thread." - this database is from 2013 and long since deleted (users who follow this will only find broken links)

Reactions: benkxda

benkxda

Jan 28, 2012
Thanks for maintaining this!
I have a few edit suggestions for OP:

The first two sections are extremely outdated and should be deleted:
a) the Announcement section is from 2014... Maybe delete that stuff?
b) the Specials section starts with a link to "Major Custom ROM comparison database. Thanks to @louisjms. Visit his XDA discussion thread." - this database is from 2013 and long since deleted (users who follow this will only find broken links)

Hi @wutzin. Thank you, I'll keep this device index thread up to date even longer and I still use this device.

I don't want to lose the announcement section, even if I don't say a lot lately.
You're right about the "Specials" section and I deleted most of its content. If you have things like XDA internal threads/links, but also external links, which belong there, drop a note.
The Custom ROM comparison database was initiated by @nimrodity and was a fantastic idea imo. Unfortunately it's a mass of work which no one can handle obviously.

BTW: I did not get a notice from XDA of your post for whatever reason. Please mention me next time to ensure I'll get a notification, thanks.

Reactions: Oswald Boelcke

Kinn91

Sep 1, 2016
Hi guys, I've a dummy s3 LTE. Now I'm using AMCHA rom but the device still occasionally shows several problems (app crash and so on). I think it's on sundown way...
Can you suggest me a "light" rom to attempt to revive my i9305? I don't need powerful features...

Oswald Boelcke

Senior Moderator / Moderator Committee
Staff member
Hi guys, I've a dummy s3 LTE. Now I'm using AMCHA rom but the device still occasionally shows several problems (app crash and so on). I think it's on sundown way...
Can you suggest me a "light" rom to attempt to revive my i9305? I don't need powerful features...
Unless there are hardware issues a GT-I9305 can't be a dummy (yet). This device is still being fantastically supported by a lot of great devs and contributors.
Our two S3 LTE are running like fighter jets!:D
Please find the configuration of one of the two phones in my signature block. Both have the same ROM (RR v5.7.3 Sammy-version), same TWRP, same baseband, /cache and /data on F2FS, and GApps pico. Difference of the second: Stock RR (Sammy) nameless kernel and no Xposed.
If I was of any help please hit the thanks button.

benkxda

Jan 28, 2012
I agree, some times i still like to flash an "old" rom just to reminisce.

@benkxda maybe add limjh16 's slim rom http://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-s3/development-i9305/slimlp-5-1-1-devs-t3300782 just a suggestion :)

Thanks a lot for this hint.

First I thought, it could be a potential bug in my searching software, but it wasn't. After several minutes trying to find the bug, I realized, the thread already exists in my index as "[27 Jan 2016] [STABLE] SlimLP 5.1.1 for S3 LTE GT-I9305". Therefore it was still listed in the Lollipop section. You may have seen the "Following threads are checked less frequently - reviewed on 14 Aug 2016" sign above this section. So when I review it next time, the thread would have been moved to the Marshmallow area anyway.

But I don't mind your hint, I prefer it, we get a faster corrected view on our available ROMs. I moved the thread to the Marshmallow area :).

If everyone would create a new thread for a new ROM version and closes the predecessor thread (otherwise the moderators go crazy as it's just too much), it would be much easier for me to find it (sooner) as it appears with a new thread ID which is not in my index.

However, thanks again :laugh:

DJ aliasz3d

Jan 17, 2013
perth

First I thought, it could be a potential bug in my searching software, but it wasn't. After several minutes trying to find the bug, I realized, the thread already exists in my index as "[27 Jan 2016] [STABLE] SlimLP 5.1.1 for S3 LTE GT-I9305". Therefore it was still listed in the Lollipop section. You may have seen the "Following threads are checked less frequently - reviewed on 14 Aug 2016" sign above this section. So when I review it next time, the thread would have been moved to the Marshmallow area anyway.

But I don't mind your hint, I prefer it, we get a faster corrected view on our available ROMs. I moved the thread to the Marshmallow area :).

If everyone would create a new thread for a new ROM version and closes the predecessor thread (otherwise the moderators go crazy as it's just too much), it would be much easier for me to find it (sooner) as it appears with a new thread ID which is not in my index.

No problems :good:

limjh16

Oct 20, 2015
Singapore

Will take note of that in the future :)

Sent from my GT-I9305 using XDA Labs

OMINIS

Jun 8, 2011
Hi,
My i9305 is with the stock 4. 4. 4 rom and I want to flash a custom rom and do root or kernel. I tried and got the bootloader locked. Does anyone know of a good video tutorial so I can safely do this installation?
Thank you

Last edited:

Sludoworm

Feb 26, 2017
In some of these Custom roms (AOSP) which i tried the video call in apps like viber, messenger etc not working in my S3 gt-i9305?
Any idea how to fix this?

kbuss

May 14, 2013
plz excuse the noob question, but how much is this list corresponds to the usability/stability of these roms...? seems to me that the index thread goes for the most up to date/developed roms. considering this is an old device, those newest roms maybe not the wisest choice for everyday, normal use.

it would be nice to have some recommendations up front, which were the tried and tested, most used android 5 and 6 roms for 9305 that just worked in the long run.
im not a beginner, after 20 some different roms, but the amount of information to go thru (and decide) is just crazy for someone who doesnt follow the forum regularly.

thx :)

Thread link

18 Nov 2016: This device index thread will get monthly updates in the future.

Last edited:

benkxda

Jan 28, 2012
plz excuse the noob question, but how much is this list corresponds to the usability/stability of these roms...? seems to me that the index thread goes for the most up to date/developed roms. considering this is an old device, those newest roms maybe not the wisest choice for everyday, normal use.

it would be nice to have some recommendations up front, which were the tried and tested, most used android 5 and 6 roms for 9305 that just worked in the long run.
im not a beginner, after 20 some different roms, but the amount of information to go thru (and decide) is just crazy for someone who doesnt follow the forum regularly.

thx :)

This Device Index Thread (DIT) is sorted chronologically. Maybe 6.0.1 ROMs are the most stable - maybe, but I had a very good experience on 7.1.1.

I don't own this device anymore, but the last time, I was using Resurrection Remix (Android 7.1.1), which was a really awesome feeling on this old but still speedy device. And even GPS worked ;)

This is a very good ROM for me, maybe for you too, maybe not. It depends on your needs.

kbuss

May 14, 2013
thx very much Benk :p
BTW my needs are : simplicity, less features, less gizmos, more stability, no frills no thrills, low power comsumption.
oh, and the camera should work, without freezing :p

i mostly used cyan and cleaned out stock in the last 2 years.

maybe for you too, maybe not. It depends on your needs.

kbuss

May 14, 2013
any nice, working, stable LOLLIPOP rom for this phone, that has camera, nav and gps working properly?

I tried like ten of the somewhat latest MM and N roms, theyre all crap, with one of the three above features buggy or simply not working...

they could be okay for experimenting or trying out the new android versions, but for serious everyday use, or taking to a trip, hollyday - NOPE :rolleyes: :eek:

tinko975

Dec 3, 2013
Zagreb
any nice, working, stable LOLLIPOP rom for this phone, that has camera, nav and gps working properly?

I tried like ten of the somewhat latest MM and N roms, theyre all crap, with one of the three above features buggy or simply not working...

they could be okay for experimenting or trying out the new android versions, but for serious everyday use, or taking to a trip, hollyday - NOPE :rolleyes: :eek:

according to number of downloads, this is most used version of LP rom for i9305

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24269982087002380

Reactions: kbuss

kbuss

May 14, 2013
according to number of downloads, this is most used version of LP rom for i9305

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24269982087002380

thank but no thanks. everyone talks about that anyway...
dont like that rom at all, its very tweaky, "hackery", for dudes who think they are hackers or some ****, runinng around in baseball cap and sneakers

not stylish at all, even the boot anim makes me cringe. to much options, to much stuff for an old phone that it doesnt need.
those options to put pictures etc in the notification pulldown, configure different fonts, transparencies etc.... omg ... WHY???
unnecessary customisation options that just makes the UI look like **** and cluttered. yet when you need to find some important setting its a nightmare, or not there at all.

a good UI, good user experience should look stylish, sleek, simple, minimalistic right out of the box, no need for hours of customisation!
that is why I**** is so successful, they know how to be stylish out of the box.

(but thx anyway)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts