Search This thread

sd_shadow

Recognized Contributor / XDA Welcome Team
Sep 21, 2011
South Dakota
goo.gl
Motorola Droid X
Amazon Fire
Well not everyone... I can only see my own as per screenshots above.

As far as I can see, once it's been set once there's no way to clear it other than setting a new favorite.

@the_scotsman do you see any useful setting for the Audentio achievements add-on?
I couldn't find anything here: https://help.themehouse.com/docs/achievements/getting-started-with-achievements/

Mike
Originally, or at one time, Your favorite Achievement(s) was also shown in the drop-down
Screenshot 2022-12-03 153958.jpg
There's a discussion about this somewhere...

edit: ninja'd by @ipdev lol

re/edit: and I'm sure you could pick up to 3 favorite Achievement(s)

Reactions: ipdev

sd_shadow

Sep 21, 2011
South Dakota
goo.gl
Motorola Droid X
Amazon Fire
I found my original post on this. Posted Apr 22, 2021
https://xdaforums.com/t/check-out-t...ink-app-rolling-out-now.4199599/post-84884753

About achievement, some people seem to have badges under their names while others don't (me included).
Also some achievements i earned a long time ago aren't activated (helper and social tabs)

You have to choose the badges you want under your name.
Change achievements
Select up to 3 badges, and save

Edit:
@Wolfcity Sorry it doesn't really answer your question though.

Last edited:
Reactions: Wolfcity and ipdev

J.Michael

Recognized Contributor
Jan 20, 2018
Samsung Galaxy Tab A series

As far as I can see, once it's been set once there's no way to clear it other than setting a new favorite.

@the_scotsman do you see any useful setting for the Audentio achievements add-on?
I couldn't find anything here: https://help.themehouse.com/docs/achievements/getting-started-with-achievements/

Mike

@MikeChannon ninja'd me....
Ok,seems that @MikeChannon (and others?) doesn't see the achievement on my account (screenshot)?
So until now no way to have no achievement visible there, only to change it to another one?
I remember when achievement were introduced there were also some changes (show it? Don't show it?).
However, it's not a big deal.
So "Staff member" and "Recognized contributor" aren't considered "achievements"?

• Haha
Reactions: ipdev

Oswald Boelcke

Senior Moderator / Moderator Committee
Staff member
But are we saying it only shows to the account holder not other Members?

Mike
It shows to anyone who views that profile.
@MikeChannon ninja'd me....
Ok,seems that @MikeChannon (and others?) doesn't see the achievement on my account (screenshot)?
So until now no way to have no achievement visible there, only to change it to another one?
I remember when achievement were introduced there were also some changes (show it? Don't show it?).
However, it's not a big deal.
That thingie is obviously only available to the account holder. My screenshot of @Wolfcity's profile:
Screenshot 2022-12-04 082635.png
@MikeChannon @the_scotsman I think it's not a biggie that something not visible to the outside world can't be changed. I suggest not to dig into it or even worse to attempt to fix it. Please remember the very serious issues the website had already due to the achievement system that led to more or less permanent drop-outs and offlines some weeks ago. I recommend not to touch anything regarding achievements as long as the site runs fine.

the_scotsman

Assistant Forum Admin
Staff member

Mike
Yea, nothing that I can see. It myabe just changed during an XF update. Not much we can do I'd say.

Oswald Boelcke

Staff member
@sd_shadow Sir, maybe you noted e.g. these two recent threads:
It's currently indeed the case that we experience new accounts with zero posts that were obviously only created to send sexual harrassment messages by PM. A very detailed internal discussion with our administrators showed that the disadvantages for our "interested" new members are too large to the benefit we'd receive by disallowing zero-post-accounts to send PM's. We're very sorry for this and attempt our very best to protect every member against harrassments.

I know that you've explained the privacy settings in this post. Do you see any chance to slightly more elaborate on the conversation settings to allow our new (but also more mature) members to edit them to their needs? Maybe my post here is of some help?

As an additional - and probably even more important - means, I know that you and also @Raiz send welcome PM's to everyone who newly registers on XDA. Is there are chance to explicitly add that privacy related advice to the PM? I assume it's best to discuss this internally, and you might want to consider to make @Raiz to bring it into the moderators internal talks after coordination with you?

Thanks very much for everything you're doing for XDA!
Regards
Oswald Boelcke

sd_shadow

Sep 21, 2011
South Dakota
goo.gl
Motorola Droid X
Amazon Fire
@sd_shadow Sir, maybe you noted e.g. these two recent threads:
It's currently indeed the case that we experience new accounts with zero posts that were obviously only created to send sexual harrassment messages by PM. A very detailed internal discussion with our administrators showed that the disadvantages for our "interested" new members are too large to the benefit we'd receive by disallowing zero-post-accounts to send PM's. We're very sorry for this and attempt our very best to protect every member against harrassments.

I know that you've explained the privacy settings in this post. Do you see any chance to slightly more elaborate on the conversation settings to allow our new (but also more mature) members to edit them to their needs? Maybe my post here is of some help?

As an additional - and probably even more important - means, I know that you and also @Raiz send welcome PM's to everyone who newly registers on XDA. Is there are chance to explicitly add that privacy related advice to the PM? I assume it's best to discuss this internally, and you might want to consider to make @Raiz to bring it into the moderators internal talks after coordination with you?

Thanks very much for everything you're doing for XDA!
Regards
Oswald Boelcke
The Welcome message is automated and a Sr mod or Admin will have to address that, I have no access.

Oswald Boelcke

Staff member
The Welcome message is automated and a Sr mod or Admin will have to address that, I have no access.
Thanks very much for the information. I believe I've noted that already once and will attempt to address it. As I've no access to your message (i.e. Sr Mods can't handle it), could you provide me with a suggestion what to insert where?

Cheers Sir!

sd_shadow

Sep 21, 2011
South Dakota
goo.gl
Motorola Droid X
Amazon Fire

How to block Spam messages​

(Block messages from other members)

Limit who can private message you with these options.
Go to https://xdaforums.com/account/privacy
Screenshot 2023-01-07 114146.jpg
Screenshot 2023-01-07 114409.jpg
Screenshot 2023-01-07 114623.jpg

More on privacy settings
How to Limit access to your XDA Profile

Last edited:

sd_shadow

Sep 21, 2011
South Dakota
goo.gl
Motorola Droid X
Amazon Fire
Thanks very much for the information. I believe I've noted that already once and will attempt to address it. As I've no access to your message (i.e. Sr Mods can't handle it), could you provide me with a suggestion what to insert where?

Cheers Sir!
I believe @the_scotsman was the last person to make changes to the Welcome Message.

Badger50

Staff member
Mera theme open Nahin ho raha hai

Mod translation: my theme is not opening

Greetings. As a friendly remider, we ask all members to please post in English as stipulated by XDA Rule #4:

4. Use the English language.

We understand that with all the different nationalities, not everyone speaks English well, but please try. If you're really unable to post in English, use an online translator. You're free to include your original message in your own language, below the English translation. (This rule covers your posts, profile entries and signature). You could try :- https://translate.google.com/ or https://www.babelfish.com/ or use one of your choice.

Thank you for your cooperation, and have a pleasant day.

-Regards: Badger50

no111one

Nov 30, 2020
Nokia Lumia 920
Samsung Galaxy S4
I've been using the Community App Dark theme since the 2021 site came out. One problem, though. Today I changed the theme to whatever there was to try and now I cannot set the theme back to CAD. I can only pick XDA, XDA classic and XDA dark, which are just the original XDA with the new color theme which I don't like but have to accept.

How do I get back the Community App theme?

Wolfcity

Recognized Contributor
I've been using the Community App Dark theme since the 2021 site came out. One problem, though. Today I changed the theme to whatever there was to try and now I cannot set the theme back to CAD. I can only pick XDA, XDA classic and XDA dark, which are just the original XDA with the new color theme which I don't like but have to accept.

How do I get back the Community App theme?
Wasn't the community "App" dark theme only available in the app? I changed from the app to a link from FF to the start screen and have these themes available too.

Attachments

• IMG_20230209_210631.jpg
    IMG_20230209_210631.jpg
    203 KB · Views: 13

no111one

Nov 30, 2020
Nokia Lumia 920
Samsung Galaxy S4
Wasn't the community "App" dark theme only available in the app? I changed from the app to a link from FF to the start screen and have these themes available too.
Wasn't as far as I remember..
also, getting it from APKmirror doesn't seem to uncover any hidden settings. Don't want this theme to be lost for good, but if it has to be, as much as it sucks, fine...

Reactions: Wolfcity

sd_shadow

Sep 21, 2011
South Dakota
goo.gl
Motorola Droid X
Amazon Fire
Wasn't as far as I remember..
also, getting it from APKmirror doesn't seem to uncover any hidden settings. Don't want this theme to be lost for good, but if it has to be, as much as it sucks, fine...

Community App Dark (Example) and XDA App Theme (light) (Example)

can be selected in Account/preferences in Browser or App

Screenshot_20230209-204434_XDA_Developers.png

Screenshot 2023-02-09 210805.jpg

More
The App Dark option disappeared from the Style Chooser box back in March 2021

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-02-09 213002.jpg
    Screenshot 2023-02-09 213002.jpg
    174.3 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:

IronTechmonkey

Recognized Contributor
Feb 12, 2013

Greetings @sd_shadow,

It did not surprise me to find a cohesive description of search functions in a thread you created. In light of what I've learned about templates and the search functions before and after the migration, the limited applicability of that search workaround all along has become more clear and a remaining error in the search this thread button since the migration renders that work around nonviable in the templates where it had previously been effective. I've removed links to that work around from my signature and modified the post in question (link below) by adding the following statement at the top of it:

[EDIT, the cause of the search limitation which requires the workaround described below is a limitation of the two user selectable app-based XDA. templates. The templates which are not based on apps do not have this issue and will have full search functionality. Additionally, since the migration at the beginning of October 2023, when using either of the two app based templates this work around will yield an error so at this point it is not viable. If the underlying search error is fixed then some people might have use for this workaround but at this point for normal search function the use of non-app based templates is recommended.]

https://xdaforums.com/t/check-out-t...ink-app-rolling-out-now.4199599/post-86078753

Do you think it would make sense to remove the link to that old workaround from the OPs of this thread, and maybe add a note stating that the two app based templates will not offer search functionality?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts