Which Theme do you prefer?

• Total voters
Search This thread

osirisjem

Mar 19, 2008
The Forums really highlight Samsung, OnePlus, and Google. I take it that is intended. But it is non-intuitive to have the "All Manufacturers" embedded under General discussion.

1607730163240.png

Considering most people here are interested in under 5 forums, if on the forum home, you listed the member's Watched Forums first .... that sure would be convenient.

For me, I am going to put all my fav forums in the "Watched Forums" dropdown.

1607730361475.png

With these settings
1607730452402.png

So I have access to the forums I frequent the most, but dont get endless alerts.

sd_shadow

Recognized Contributor / XDA Welcome Team
Sep 21, 2011
South Dakota
goo.gl
Motorola Droid X
Amazon Fire
Site not secure Warning

Mikanoshi said:
Disable signatures, http:// images there are ruining secure status.
- Link

Mikanoshi said:
Then open network page of dev console in your browser and find a piece of content that does not use https:// on page load.
It should be signatures, otherwise it's a forum issue. People with "HTTPS Everywhere" browser extensions won't have this problem BTW.
- Link

See
Disable Signatures (Desktop)
Disable Signatures (Mobile)

Last edited:

sd_shadow

Sep 21, 2011
South Dakota
goo.gl
Motorola Droid X
Amazon Fire
How to Edit Thread Tags

Only the Thread Creator (Original Poster/OP) and Moderators/Admins can edit thread Tags.

At the top of every thread, there is the OP name, Date thread was created, and the tags icon.
Click the tags icon
Screenshot 2021-05-16 091321.png

Then a edit tags box will pop up
As you type, suggested Tags will be shown like this
Screenshot 2021-05-16 091812.png

Once you have entered your tags, click Save

Screenshot 2021-05-16 091853.png

Also see

Credit:

Last edited:

J.Michael

Recognized Contributor
Jan 20, 2018
Samsung Galaxy Tab A series
In a browser, on a tablet
I cannot search while holding the tablet in landscape mode: the keyboard will not stay open.

There is different code in the two orientations. In landscape, the XDA header is pinned to the top of the screen. In portrait, the header is not pinned, and tapping the magnifying glass causes the top of the screen to be rewritten with a search box. Until this happens, there is no text box in which to click.

sd_shadow

Sep 21, 2011
South Dakota
goo.gl
Motorola Droid X
Amazon Fire
Watched Threads and Forums

Similar to the old Subscribed threads
Screenshot 2021-05-22 183609.png

To view, your watched threads or Manage them use this link.
https://xdaforums.com/watched/threads

Watched Forums

Screenshot 2021-05-22 191007.png

To view your Watched Forums go to

Notifications
Screenshot 2023-03-25 163230.jpg

You will only receive one notification (Alert/Email) of new replies You will not receive any further alerts about the thread until you have read the new messages.

This message was sent to you because you opted to watch the thread "Thread Title" at XDA Forums with email notifications of new replies. You will not receive any further emails about this thread until you have read the new messages.

More

Last edited:

MrSunshine9

Jul 7, 2019
I'm sorry, I should have specified that it's the mobile view of the Light, non-Classic theme that has the font slightly too small. I'm gifted with close vision better than a diamond cutter but I'm speaking for other people that don't. I think it may be my better than average close vision that causes me to see a ghost image of lines burned in my eyes for a while after looking away from the screen in a dark mode theme. People with blurry close vision probably don't have the same problem with dark mode themes because of the lesser sharp contrast to their eyes. Most people over 40 have bad close vision but not me. I can actually read the microprint of the US state names listed along the top of the Lincoln memorial on the back of a five dollar bill without a magnifying glass or glasses.

Last edited:

plegdroid

Recognized Contributor
Sep 15, 2011
Manchester, UK
I'm sorry, I should have specified that it's the mobile view of the Light, non-Classic theme that has the font slightly too small. I'm gifted with close vision better than a diamond cutter but I'm speaking for other people that don't. I think it may be my better than average close vision that causes me to see a ghost image of lines burned in my eyes for a while after looking away from the screen in a dark mode theme. People with blurry close vision probably don't have the same problem with dark mode themes because of the lesser sharp contrast to their eyes. Most people over 40 have bad close vision but not me. I can actually read the microprint of the US state names listed along the top of the Lincoln memorial on the back of a five dollar bill without a magnifying glass or glasses.

Afternoon matey.
Could you please screen shot what you you are viewing. I've had a look to find any difference in font size, but unable to recreate what you are discribing 😊☕

Reactions: sd_shadow

sd_shadow

Sep 21, 2011
South Dakota
goo.gl
Motorola Droid X
Amazon Fire
Last edited:

Top Liked Posts