[INDEX] ZTE nubia Z7 Max (NX505J)

Search This thread

pnin

Aug 26, 2010
LG G Pad 8.3
ZTE Axon 7
p0IN6c8.png
I have seen Index threads on many forums here at XDA-Devs. I find this device needs one, since a lot of posts about it go to a help thread ([THREAD="2832760"][HELP] New ZTE Nubia z7 MAX[/THREAD]) that lacks a comprehensive first post, while others are getting posted to similar sounding but not fully compatible ZTE nubia Z7 Mini threads (like [THREAD="2916106"]this one[/THREAD]).

This is WIPo: If you want something to be added here, post it, and I'll try to keep it updated... :cowboy:

DISCLAIMER: all credit goes to the respective posters (see end of present post); I own nothing and claim nothing (apart where I explicitly state otherwise); as usual, your device warranty is voided merely by reading beyond this point, so close your browser and go away if that's not what you intended...

NOTE: looks like Nubiaforums.com went offline a while back, so all links pointing there are now dead. I'm currently looking for valid replacements.

General
  • Main specs: Snapdragon 801 SOC MSM8974AC = CPU Krait 400 quadcore 2.5 GHz + Adreno 330 GPU
    5.5", 1080x1920 pixels, ~403ppi density, 160g
    (Note: full specs at http://www.gsmarena.com/zte_nubia_z7_max-6491.php)
    W48orcu.png
  • For an excellent comparison breakdown with other current flagship devices see:
    http://www.phonearena.com/phones/ZTE-nubia-Z7-Max_id8756/rivals
    W48orcu.png
  • Recovery mode is entered by pressing VOL.UP + POWER continuously at startup.
    W48orcu.png
  • Most info concerning the NX505J was first posted to [THREAD="2832760"][HELP] New ZTE Nubia z7 MAX[/THREAD], so check it out.
    (Also, if you understand Italian, a comprehensive list of ROMS, kernels and assorted tools can be found here.)

Guides/HowTo

Root/Recovery

ROMs

Kernels & Mods

Themes & Misc

Tools

CREDITS: AndroidPit, Andoidiani (especially BB72), GSMArena, NubiaForums, NeedROM, SonyMobilePhones, nubia, and XDA-Devs team and users.

Last edited:

GiantNutz

Aug 29, 2014
Hello everyone,

I am looking for somebody to help me learn how to build a rom from source for this device. I am mostly interested in lollipop based ones (AOKP AICP CM12...)

I assume it will involve coding a kernel and ****, please let me know if you can help.
Thank you.

Reactions: pnin

Top Liked Posts

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone