This is WIPo: If you want something to be added here, post it, and I'll try to keep it updated...
DISCLAIMER: all credit goes to the respective posters (see end of present post); I own nothing and claim nothing (apart where I explicitly state otherwise); as usual, your device warranty is voided merely by reading beyond this point, so close your browser and go away if that's not what you intended...
NOTE: looks like Nubiaforums.com went offline a while back, so all links pointing there are now dead. I'm currently looking for valid replacements.
Kernels & Mods
Themes & Misc
- Main specs: Snapdragon 801 SOC MSM8974AC = CPU Krait 400 quadcore 2.5 GHz + Adreno 330 GPU
5.5", 1080x1920 pixels, ~403ppi density, 160g
(Note: full specs at http://www.gsmarena.com/zte_nubia_z7_max-6491.php)
- For an excellent comparison breakdown with other current flagship devices see:
- Recovery mode is entered by pressing VOL.UP + POWER continuously at startup.
- Most info concerning the NX505J was first posted to [THREAD="2832760"][HELP] New ZTE Nubia z7 MAX[/THREAD], so check it out.
(Also, if you understand Italian, a comprehensive list of ROMS, kernels and assorted tools can be found here.)
- Original rooting/recovery installation guide at AndroidPit
- ZTE Nubia Z7 Max -- installing GApps howto
- KitKat: repartition your internal SD to give 'oxygen' to your Nubia
- Unbricking guides (Italian only)
- A little known trick of Nubia Updater might provide an easy way to recover a lost IMEI:
(Revealed by user mahaline @needrom)
- [THREAD="2783157"]TowelRoot[/THREAD] seems to be the most consistent rooting method, although other methods may work (e.g., SRSRoot claims NX505J compatibility)
(also at https://github.com/kidputer/NX505J/wiki/Rooting-the-Nubia-Z7-Max)
(Note: you still have to install some superuser application from the Google Play market)
- On any Android v5.x (Lollipop) Stock ROM, Tigreos Z7 Max All In One Tool (Currently v3.3.0) will give you the latest TWRP...
- See post #9 for info on Tigreos newer ROMs and Tools...
- Latest ZTE Official Nubia Z7 Max ROM is v3.86 (Lollipop) on Needrom.com...
(WARNING: Lollipop ROMs are NOT compatible with previous v1.x ROMs!)
(Also, be sure to access *#7678# menu to enable both ports before and after flashing.)
(You can read my personal account of the update to stock rom v3.19: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=3108822)
- paolothlw8's CM12.1 Lollipop 5.1.1 v22 (dated 2016-04-14)
Stable unofficial CyanogenMod ROM, almost no bugs.
(Original Androidiani forum thread at http://www.androidiani.com/forum/in...e-z7max-android-5-1-1-cm-12-1-unofficial.html)
(WARNING: Lollipop ROMs are NOT compatible with v1.x ROMs!)
(If you're on Stock ROM, check hidden *#7678# menu to enable both ports before flashing.)
- pesa1234's Nubia Z7 Max stock based ROM 3.62 ComboRom V12.0 (Android 5.1.1; BB72 & Cuoco92 ROMs successor)
Forum topic: http://www.androidiani.com/forum/zt...bia-z7-max-mod-pesa1234-special-thx-bb72.html
(With GAPPs, rooted, some useful apps added, most Chinese apps removed, and OTA updates)
- Stock based ROM ZTE Z7Max Base 1.64 By BB72 (KK4.4.2)
- Stock ROMs in Chinese/English only can be downloaded from nubia's site:
(Note: painfully slow speeds)
Kernels & Mods
- paolothlw8 Z7 MAX kernel NZ7ML custom kernel v1.3
(released 2015-06-17, v1.30 is the only alternative kernel for stock Lollipop)
- paolothlw8's nubia Z7 Max custom kernel (v1.20, released 2014-12-30, is only for stock KK!)
(with overclocking and additional governors/schedulers; Trickstermod compatible)
(Recommended settings: freq min=300, max=2764; governor=intelliactive; scheduler=bfq; read ahead buffer=4096; undervolt all freq by -50mv; )
- ZTE stock v1.29 kernel GitHub is at:
- If you have trouble connecting to LTE networks with your Z7 Max, see this:
- A XDA thread dedicated to solving 4G network troubles:
- How to Install Viper4Android in ZTE Nubia Z7 Max
- "Porting delle suonerie e notifiche dell'LG G3" (LG G3 sound files addon)
(unless you install a v1.6x BB72's custom ROM, your sound files will all have Chinese names; this ones don't)
Themes & Misc
- Many original apps can be downloaded directly from the nubia homesite:
(Note: most are Chinese/English only)
- Many wallpapers with compatible resolution can be downloaded freely from:
(Note: the Xperia Z3 is also 1080x1920)
- Nubian Emergency Tool by Tigreos (v1.0.6)
(A tool to restore bricked phones and backup/restore IMEI/MEID)
- Download official ZTE USB Host Driver v5.2066.1.6 signed (not for XP!):
(Softpedia mirror; newer versions may be available from http://www.ztedevices.com/support/)
- User tp2droid has posted the drivers included in a stock ROM
CREDITS: AndroidPit, Andoidiani (especially BB72), GSMArena, NubiaForums, NeedROM, SonyMobilePhones, nubia, and XDA-Devs team and users.