General [INDIA] Galaxy S21 Ultra news, pre-order, offers etc. discussion thread.

Sukrith

Sep 19, 2013
Trivandrum
www.facebook.com
Last year many people broke their camera glass and since many years people break their glass back. Till now I have never have had accidental cover but due the phone weight and cost, I don't want to take chances. Also it is worldwide service. One drop and 20K+ is gone, it better to invest 8K extra! That's just my preference 1year screen cover is also good deal.

P.S you cannot buy 2 years coverage plan post 30 days getting the phone! So plan in advance.

Regarding long term usage: With every phone I am pushing myself to stay with it for longer time. Earlier I used to upgrade every year [11 months with NOTE, 1 year with S4, 1+ year with XPERIA Z2] but once I got S8+ I used to it for 1.5+ years then with OP 6T I pushed it to 2 years and now with S21 Ultra I want to stay atleast for 2 years.

After a year it feels boring and battery starts to degrade. If my S8+ wouldn't have gone mad with the battery backup I would still use it! The in hand feel of that phone is unexplainable. So sleek and curvy 😍. I just love it's design but it used to heat up alot and battery backup was only 3-4 hours SOT with my usage. Had to plug in twice daily and sometimes thrice a day! Got bored and got rid of it with 6T.
Me too... I've been using phones for 2 years each for a long time because at that time the software support was that much only and the advancement was also fast... nowadays the software support is longer and the advancement isn't much of a huge leap forward! I feel phones after 3 years will still have QHD 120Hz with 12 GB RAM and 256GB base storage with a newer processor! That's it... Much won't change in slab phones maybe there will be a huge leap in foldables in 3 years time and Apple Android SoC disparity will also be less or none! And that's the time to buy a new phone! And I actually feel noone should get the 1st gen Exynos with AMD GPU because of optimisation problems and other such issues unless you are a super early adopter...

nick191

Mar 25, 2013
Vadodara
www.youtube.com
Me too... I've been using phones for 2 years each for a long time because at that time the software support was that much only and the advancement was also fast... nowadays the software support is longer and the advancement isn't much of a huge leap forward! I feel phones after 3 years will still have QHD 120Hz with 12 GB RAM and 256GB base storage with a newer processor! That's it... Much won't change in slab phones maybe there will be a huge leap in foldables in 3 years time and Apple Android SoC disparity will also be less or none! And that's the time to buy a new phone! And I actually feel noone should get the 1st gen Exynos with AMD GPU because of optimisation problems and other such issues unless you are a super early adopter...
I totally agree to this !

sagarb

Mar 8, 2012
guys what's the best prices you are getting please share
i'm getting for 94k after hdfc 10k deduction for 12month no cost with free 25watt adopter for s21ultra 256gb is it good?(with all prebook benefits)
if i book same in corporate I'm getting for 96k 9month no cost with adld free(with all prebook benefits)

Last edited:

zaydenQ

Mar 19, 2016
guys what's the best prices you are getting please share
i'm getting for 94k for 12month no cost with free 25watt adopter for s21ultra 256gb is it good?(with all prebook benefits)
if i book same in corporate I'm getting for 96k 9month no cost with adld free(with all prebook benefits)
So you're getting Active 2 and 10k HDFC cashback too with those two offers (96k and 94k)? If yes then you're getting phone for almost 70k. 😳

zaydenQ

Mar 19, 2016
I think HDFC discount he have already deducted! If not I will travel the India to get that deal !
Haha same! I will cancel my order and get this deal then. 😂

But it if cashback/discount is not factored in then this is a crazy good deal. I will go check the local shops to see if anyone will give me the same sort of deal.

Edit: So seems like it is with HDFC 10k deducted. Phew!

• Haha
Reactions: nick191

nick191

Mar 25, 2013
Vadodara
www.youtube.com
Thanks bro. I hope it comes tomm only 😅

You guys use samsung smartswitch? I'm going to use it for the first time ever. Tired of spending an entire day setting up new phones every year.
Samsung Switch works like a charm. Don't waste your time in other methods. I would suggest if you have lots of media to transfer then copy it to laptop and transfer it to new phone. If you have laptop with Type C port the speed will be amazing. My Nexus 6P had it and the speed was very very fast !

Reactions: twisted_mind

twisted_mind

Apr 27, 2005
Mumbai, India
Samsung Switch works like a charm. Don't waste your time in other methods. I would suggest if you have lots of media to transfer then copy it to laptop and transfer it to new phone. If you have laptop with Type C port the speed will be amazing. My Nexus 6P had it and the speed was very very fast !
Wow thanks. I'm not too worried about media. But apps mainly. Once I restore via a PC, will the apps retain logins and customisation (app settings)?