General [INDIA] Galaxy S21 Ultra news, pre-order, offers etc. discussion thread.

PG101

RC-RT Liaison Admin - Devil's Advocate
Staff member
Aug 12, 2008
Missing out on all the fun this time.. skipping the S21 with a heavy heart.. had to put the finances some places else.. equally (rather more) exciting :D

sagarb

Mar 8, 2012
Missing out on all the fun this time.. skipping the S21 with a heavy heart.. had to put the finances some places else.. equally (rather more) exciting :D
I was almost with same situation but some how managing to get one lol crazy addiction to Samsung also that preorder benefits can't say no.only buying to feel the real flagship performance in samsung and 120hz qhd :)

PG101

RC-RT Liaison Admin - Devil's Advocate
Staff member
Aug 12, 2008
I was almost with same situation but some how managing to get one lol crazy addiction to Samsung also that preorder benefits can't say no.only buying to feel the real flagship performance in samsung and 120hz qhd :)
I figured I am OK with the Note 20 Ultra for a few more months.. :D

Sukrith

Sep 19, 2013
Trivandrum
www.facebook.com
Guys... Have been thinking... You really feel the AMD GPU will be good? Because the 1st generation will have optimization problems and I think by the time Samsung launches the new Exynos... Most probably Mali will be way better because ARM is now owned by Nvidia and since AMD is entering the smartphone industry, I really feel they'll also decide to jump in. What are your opinions on this?

kannanX10

May 6, 2010
Coimbatore-TN
I have been informed that 256 gb s21 ultra stocks have arrived and is available for sale from monday onwards. But 512 gb version stocks seem to be delayed to somewhere around february 5. Any news on the 512 gb s21 ultra that you can share?
512 after feb 5th only........which ever you buy do check 108mp sensor in store as its having pathetic Q C as it seems samsung is using poor lenses as sharpness and image clarity around edges are completely distorted (not an issue with focusing),N20U is having better clarity and sharpness and i do checked 3 S21U units,all are poor------planning to skip this one

Reactions: Dpk1

nick191

Mar 25, 2013
Vadodara
www.youtube.com
512 after feb 5th only........which ever you buy do check 108mp sensor in store as its having pathetic Q C as it seems samsung is using poor lenses as sharpness around edges are completely lost(not an issue with focusing),N20U is having better clarity and sharpness and i do checked 3 S21U units,all are poor------planning to skip this one
If this is true it's very disappointing 😡! I need phone only for 2 purpose, Best camera and Battey Backup!

This can pretty much kill my purpose! If this time it's poor as you told, I might skip the Samsung Brand forever!

Share your thoughts folks!

Last edited:

kannanX10

May 6, 2010
Coimbatore-TN
If this is true it's very alarming! I need phone only for 2 purpose, Best camera and Battey Backup!

This can pretty much kill my purpose! If this time it's poor as you say it I might skip the Samsung Brand forever!

Share your thoughts folks!
simple way if u have N20U with you----go to store and compare it side by side in 108mp and 12mp modes with the demo S21U,can easily note the edge issues-----for device priced 106k this is not acceptable
I posted this so that people can check on store itself on buying and if having severe issues as mentioned by me they can claim DOA

nick191

Mar 25, 2013
Vadodara
www.youtube.com
simple way if u have N20U with you----go to store and compare it side by side in 108mp and 12mp modes with the demo S21U,can easily note the edge issues-----for device priced 106k this is not acceptable
I posted this so that people can check on store itself on buying and if having severe issues as mentioned by me they can claim DOA
You already tested it on 3 devices and on all it's poor! If all devices have same issue then what is the purpose of availing DOA ! Anyways they won't provide refund!

kannanX10

May 6, 2010
Coimbatore-TN
You already tested it on 3 devices and on all it's poor! If all devices have same issue then what is the purpose of availing DOA ! Anyways they won't provide refund!
yes i do checked 3 S21U units,i cant post here as how but u can PM me,i do have canon 5D and 7D so i do know something about distortions but what i noticed in S21U units which i saw are not acceptable levels for device priced 106K

Kiran-Kumar

Apr 25, 2017
Bangalore
yes i do checked 3 S21U units,i cant post here as how but u can PM me,i do have canon 5D and 7D so i do know something about distortions but what i noticed in S21U units which i saw are not acceptable levels for device priced 106K
This is disturbing....It was reported in one of the reviews, I dont remember which one exactly. :cry:
The ultra wide sure has issues around the edges which is evident in all the reviews.

kannanX10

May 6, 2010
Coimbatore-TN
I figured I am OK with the Note 20 Ultra for a few more months.. :D
better,i do prebooked but after seeing the camera issues i'm skipping it
This is disturbing....It was reported in one of the reviews, I dont remember which one exactly. :cry:
The ultra wide sure has issues around the edges which is evident in all the reviews.
all ultrawides will have barrell distortion thats normal but the severe distortions in normal wide angle lenses for premium product is not acceptable-----on a lighter note even Huawei is using leica lenses whereas as samsung is using some crappy lenses in the so called EPIC product

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: Kiran-Kumar

Kiran-Kumar

Apr 25, 2017
Bangalore
better,i do prebooked but after seeing the camera issues i'm skipping it

all ultrawides will have barrell distortion thats normal but the severe distortions in normal wide angle lenses for premium product is not acceptable-----on a lighter note even Huawei is using leica lenses whereas as samsung is using some crappy lenses in the so called EPIC product
Yeah the fish eye effect on the ultrawide shots look a little enhanced on the S21 compared to the 20s.
But can you give me a reference point in this image, what to look at? I'm revisiting all the reviews on Youtube.

Attachments

nick191

Mar 25, 2013
Vadodara
www.youtube.com
My device will mostly get delivered tomorrow, now it's a hard choice to make ! I need the phone as I am using OP Nord temporarily. If I cancel it I will have to wait till March for OP 9 PRO. I am not sure what new issue will be there in OP 9 PRO as 8 PRO have black crush and some weird tint issues!

nick191

Mar 25, 2013
Vadodara
www.youtube.com
Yeah the fish eye effect on the ultrawide shots look a little enhanced on the S21 compared to the 20s.
But can you give me a reference point in this image, what to look at? I'm revisiting all the reviews on Youtube.
I had so much trust in Samsung that I have skipped camera reviews, now I will also have to go through all of it! Please share your findings too buddy.

Reactions: Kiran-Kumar

zaydenQ

Mar 19, 2016
Chill, guys. I have watched 25-30 reviews and camera comparisons so far. The only problem that 1-2 reviewers mentioned was with the video quality still being a bit behind iPhone 12 Pro max whilst others mentioned it was equal or better. Some nitpicked about the night mode in indoor conditions. But nobody mentioned about this distortion issue as being a big dampener. I am sure if it mattered as much someone would have picked up on it (especially reviewers considering it is their job to nitpick).

Unless we get really unlucky with our units and QC, we should be safe.

Reactions: nick191

nick191

Mar 25, 2013
Vadodara
www.youtube.com
Chill, guys. I have watched 25-30 reviews and camera comparisons so far. The only problem that 1-2 reviewers mentioned was with the video quality still being a bit behind iPhone 12 Pro max whilst others mentioned it was equal or better. Some nitpicked about the night mode in indoor conditions. But nobody mentioned about this distortion issue as being a big dampener. I am sure if it mattered as much someone would have picked up on it (especially reviewers considering it is their job to nitpick).

Unless we get really unlucky with our units and QC, we should be safe.
Thanks for sharing

Dpk1

May 24, 2012
512 after feb 5th only........which ever you buy do check 108mp sensor in store as its having pathetic Q C as it seems samsung is using poor lenses as sharpness and image clarity around edges are completely distorted (not an issue with focusing),N20U is having better clarity and sharpness and i do checked 3 S21U units,all are poor------planning to skip this one
Thanks for the input! After reading your post I revisited the local store and compared s21 ultra and note20 ultra (demo unit) cameras in 108 mp and 12 mp modes indoors and found no distortion like you've mentioned. S21 ultra camera results were a tad sharper than the note's. Normally, I would post camera samples here after such comparisons, but this time I can't. I have already sent my note20 ultra for exchange (for s21 ultra) and my wife's note20 ultra for display replacement to Samsung! Will update once I get mine.

Reactions: kannanX10

kannanX10

May 6, 2010
Coimbatore-TN
Thanks for the input! After reading your post I revisited the local store and compared s21 ultra and note20 ultra (demo unit) cameras in 108 mp and 12 mp modes indoors and found no distortion like you've mentioned. S21 ultra camera results were a tad sharper than the note's. Normally, I would post camera samples here after such comparisons, but this time I can't. I have already sent my note20 ultra for exchange (for s21 ultra) and my wife's note20 ultra for display replacement to Samsung! Will update once I get mine.
did you checked the edges?

if possible can u dial *#12580*369# and post the mmanufacturing batch date?