General [INDIA] Galaxy S21 Ultra news, pre-order, offers etc. discussion thread.

2003vstrom

May 3, 2010
coldwater,mi
Has anyone decided which case to get for your phones? I'm thinking of getting Spigen Ultra Hybrid clear to show off the phone's silver color because I've been using Spigen cases for atleast 8 years and it has protected my phones a lot! But now I would like to know your opinion as to which cases and screen guards you are considering to buy for the devices...
I preordered the LaterCase cyber edition, covers the camera bump and its still thin so it doesn`t add bulk to the S21 Ultra, I did pre-ordered the S21 ultra 512gb black, got 260.00 credit to use so I use it towards the galaxy active 2 44mm black. says ship the 27th .

Sukrith

Sep 19, 2013
Trivandrum
www.facebook.com
I have pre-ordered the Samsung black leather and silicone cases, liked the way it goes over the camera bump. Waiting for Ringke and other brands for similar cases.
The phone already being think and heavier than S20 Ultra, I prefer thin cases that adds minimal heft to the phone.
Samsung 1st part cases are always expensive!😖 I wanted something that shows off the phantom silver color... But ya, except Spigen and a company called ESR no other cases are put! So I'm leaning towards the Spigen Ultra Hybrid or the clear protective case from Samsung. Not sure which is safer as I am a bit clumsy 😅

Sukrith

Sep 19, 2013
Trivandrum
www.facebook.com
I preordered the LaterCase cyber edition, covers the camera bump and its still thin so it doesn`t add bulk to the S21 Ultra, I did pre-ordered the S21 ultra 512gb black, got 260.00 credit to use so I use it towards the galaxy active 2 44mm black. says ship the 27th .
But it's not that protective against drops right? That's why I don't go for thin cases! Don't want to waste the complete money like that!🥺

Kiran-Kumar

Apr 25, 2017
Bangalore
Thanks, pre ordered the later cyber edition case. Last time I checked they did not ship to India, they do now.
Pre orders ship only in Feb :(

Kiran-Kumar

Apr 25, 2017
Bangalore
Does anyone here have any experience with Galaxy Forever and Galaxy Assured programmes?
I have been asking the same questions, dont think anybody here opted for it.
I visited multiple cafes to understand it further to suppress my urge for a new phone every 3-4 months :p
There is nothing special about it, it is as good as buying a Samsung phone on your credit card emi for 18 months with Care+ for one year, plus some caveats.
- You cannot preclose the 11 months emi (you cannot sell your device during the term, if you do, you continue to pay the full amount until 18 months)
- You are not eligible for the prelaunch cashback offers, you pay for the full device cost.
- Payment is through Samsung Finance app only....when you find time just read its reviews on Playstore.
- After 11 months you are limited to upgrade, to only a list of eligible GFE devices, decided by Samsung (none of the foldable phones are part of it yet).

zaydenQ

Mar 19, 2016
I have been asking the same questions, dont think anybody here opted for it.
I visited multiple cafes to understand it further to suppress my urge for a new phone every 3-4 months :p
There is nothing special about it, it is as good as buying a Samsung phone on your credit card emi for 18 months with Care+ for one year, plus some caveats.
- You cannot preclose the 11 months emi (you cannot sell your device during the term, if you do, you continue to pay the full amount until 18 months)
- You are not eligible for the prelaunch cashback offers, you pay for the full device cost.
- Payment is through Samsung Finance app only....when you find time just read its reviews on Playstore.
- After 11 months you are limited to upgrade, to only a list of eligible GFE devices, decided by Samsung (none of the foldable phones are part of it yet).
Hahaha. So it's basically a load of bollocks. Flipkart also has this program called Flipkart assured where they are giving the preorder offers. We can 'rent' the phone for a year for 72k (512GB) and 64K (256GB). And also getting the Active 2 which makes the phone 50-57k approx to rent for a year. Apparently 2 out of every 5 purchases on flipkart for Samsung is happening through this program.

nick191

Mar 25, 2013
Vadodara
www.youtube.com
Has anyone here made a payment using HDFC card on Samsung Shop App ? I am unable to see any option to make payment using EMI also I am not seeing any discount of Rs.10K being applied there !

I am clubbing the order with Exchange offer + 2K off with coupon !

Need to place the order but facing this strange issue!

Kiran-Kumar

Apr 25, 2017
Bangalore
Has anyone here made a payment using HDFC card on Samsung Shop App ? I am unable to see any option to make payment using EMI also I am not seeing any discount of Rs.10K being applied there !

I am clubbing the order with Exchange offer + 2K off with coupon !

Need to place the order but facing this strange issue!
I did on Samsung Shop, You cannot club exchange and cashback offer, either one only.

Kiran-Kumar

Apr 25, 2017
Bangalore
Hahaha. So it's basically a load of bollocks. Flipkart also has this program called Flipkart assured where they are giving the preorder offers. We can 'rent' the phone for a year for 72k (512GB) and 64K (256GB). And also getting the Active 2 which makes the phone 50-57k approx to rent for a year. Apparently 2 out of every 5 purchases on flipkart for Samsung is happening through this program.
Oh I dint know this....basically its a rebranded program by Samsung :LOL:

Kiran-Kumar

Apr 25, 2017
Bangalore
Visited one of the Samsung Cafe to checkout the Ultra, its stunning in real.
The matte black frosted glass back, complimenting black frame, subtle curve and the contour camera cut are all class.
But the sad news is 512GB will not be available this month, only after 1st week of Feb.
Need to wait 20 more days :(
I'm now tempted to get the 256GB on 25th Jan, if available.

Dpk1

May 24, 2012
Hi all! I was trying to pre book s21 ultra 16+512 gb from a local store but apparently it is not available for pre booking at present and is "out of stock"! I checked online through samsung website and samsung shop app, they too are showing it out of stock. Is it just me or anybody else facing this weird issue? Feels like I am trying to buy a Oneplus flagship, which is not good.

Kiran-Kumar

Apr 25, 2017
Bangalore
Thanks for the response, now I see EMI option.

Also do you have any idea if we can purchase comprehensive protection plan of 2 years after making the purchase of the phone ?

I am thinking of utilising Flipkart Smart Upgrade offer as of now by paying just Rs.65,000/-
I haven't done that before, always bought it with the device, Can you check adding your device here?

Kiran-Kumar

Apr 25, 2017
Bangalore
Hi all! I was trying to pre book s21 ultra 16+512 gb from a local store but apparently it is not available for pre booking at present and is "out of stock"! I checked online through samsung website and samsung shop app, they too are showing it out of stock. Is it just me or anybody else facing this weird issue? Feels like I am trying to buy a Oneplus flagship, which is not good.
Same.....I made the last booking online before it went out of stock day before yesterday. :p
I called Samsung Opera house today to check if I can get it earlier, they said it will be available only by 5th of Feb.

Reactions: Dpk1

Dpk1

May 24, 2012
Same.....I made the last booking online before it went out of stock day before yesterday. :p
I called Samsung Opera house today to check if I can get it earlier, they said it will be available only by 5th of Feb.
Lucky you! At present, the only option left to buy S21 ultra 16+512 is through third party online retailers (flipkart), which I am not very keen about!

Dpk1

May 24, 2012
Why you are not fine with Flipkart or Amazon ? Just wondering if I am missing anything!
I've had horrible experience in past with flipkart. Amazon experience has been good so far. But the big concern is the delivery of anything pre booked has been quicker through samsung stores (offline and online) vs the third party online retailers. Also, there is additional 2k off if you purchase through Samsung shop app.

Reactions: nick191