General [INDIA] Galaxy S21 Ultra news, pre-order, offers etc. discussion thread.

Search This thread

master_class

Sep 13, 2014
I have just updated to the AUB9 as well. and as some of the others have reported, the standby drain is worse than the AUB3. Other than that the Camera seems a bit snappier. Requesting all the folks to jot down their observations as well.

Reactions: shetty08

krkdesigns

Sep 25, 2011
Bangalore
krkdesigns.deviantart.com
Time and time again, the camera of this phone has let me down. I wanted to test my phone camera intensively and had been to tiger reserve forest last Sunday.

I took some photos which was okay. I wouldn't say great.

I then wanted to test super slow motion and there was extreme lag. Like there was too many frame skip for every 3 to 5 seconds. 8k video works good only when the phone is held extremely stable. 4k video at 60fps had significant lag too... Like the video recording was not smooth and I noticed frame drops in the video, which makes the video laggy every 10-15 seconds.

Portrait mode was good for pictures. Macro shots was good. But extremely unhappy with video.

Photos have extreme noise regardless of which which mode you select.

Apr 12, 2014
Time and time again, the camera of this phone has let me down. I wanted to test my phone camera intensively and had been to tiger reserve forest last Sunday.

I then wanted to test super slow motion and there was extreme lag. Like there was too many frame skip for every 3 to 5 seconds. 8k video works good only when the phone is held extremely stable. 4k video at 60fps had significant lag too... Like the video recording was not smooth and I noticed frame drops in the video, which makes the video laggy every 10-15 seconds.

Portrait mode was good for pictures. Macro shots was good. But extremely unhappy with video.

Video is a huge letdown. Expected so much more from such a capable hardware. There are frame skips in night time video and especially during Slo-Mo let alone Super slo-mo. Makes me really consider jumping ship to the next iPhone when it comes out in October.

Image capture on the other hand has been very good.

Virgo_Guy

Tried to replicate this on mine. Don't notice any such hue on either the s21 ultra or note20 ultra.
Been testing this issue for the last hour or so after your post....i couldnt reproduce on mine as well....will try it again tomo.
Tried testing this today with different shades of white to off white background with low light and did not notice it.
You may refer to this post as well if it helps "getting" that issue:confused:..

lycan_codex

Apr 6, 2010
Bangalore
Guys who have used both the 12 Pro Max and S21U, what are your practical observations about the cameras?
S21 is noticeably better in almost scenarios. Videos are better on iphone 12 pro max. S21 has a huge advantage in pro mode for both ultra wide and wide angle cameras...S21 lets use use a maximum shutter speed of 30 seconds...iPhone 12 does give you only 1 sec. Zoom is obviously no match to S21 ultra. I am really happy with the cameras.

Reactions: zaydenQ

Virgo_Guy

25W adapter can now be purchased.
25W adapter.jpg

joancolmenares

Jun 14, 2008
Bogota, Colombia

What?? Super slow motion works fine on my device (just updated to AUB9) and 4K at 60 fps is also awesome, no skip/lag. Are you on the latest software?

kannanX10

May 6, 2010
Coimbatore-TN
Guys who have used both the 12 Pro Max and S21U, what are your practical observations about the cameras?
i'm using both

normal wide angle outdoors S21U is better outdoors(but you should be having a good lens module with minimal/nil edge distortion as many s21u units i checked had lens issues) while indoors iphone is definitely better

Ultrawide on S21U is better

2.5x on iphone is overall much sharper than 3x on S21U(both 3x and 10x have native 10mp sensors but for odd reasons samsung upscales it to 12mp and there will be noise)

For 10x no contest

For videos S21U seems sharper oudoors but overall in video iphone is the go to one

Last edited:
Reactions: zaydenQ

kannanX10

May 6, 2010
Coimbatore-TN

superslow motion on S21U as expected will be poor because its upscaled from 480p(HM1/HM3 camera sensor limitation)

krkdesigns

Sep 25, 2011
Bangalore
krkdesigns.deviantart.com
i'm using both

normal wide angle outdoors S21U is better outdoors(but you should be having a good lens module with minimal/nil edge distortion as many s21u units i checked had lens issues) while indoors iphone is definitely better

Ultrawide on S21U is better

2.5x on iphone is overall much sharper than 3x on S21U(both 3x and 10x have native 10mp sensors but for odd reasons samsung upscales it to 12mp and there will be noise)

For 10x no contest

For videos S21U seems sharper oudoors but overall in video iphone is the go to one

Yeah at times the camera performs well. But I am surely not happy with how camera is operating.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    In India we are getting S21Ultra exynos @85k around and 10-12K you may get easily with watch if you sell it. So actual cost is 73K
    For me it's difficult to digest paying 38K thousand just for SD processor. Apart form price difference, no local warranty, un optimized network settings.
    Unless you play a lot of games, the overall performance gap in between Exynos and Snapdragon this time around is too low to justify the huge price gap(looking at the "effective price" of the Exynos and the price of imported SD version in Amazon.in), that too at the cost of no warranty for the latter to start with...
    True. Apart from that, SD version won't have correct CSC so even we can use in india, network settings won't be optimized for india, as well CSC features as well , for example Call Recording.
    The AUC8 update is out
    Camera and Device improvements from the info.
    Size - 1140 MB.
    April security Patch
    Camera updated to version . 83
    In the "for you" tab of samsung app, it shows you are eligible and inside it only shows the Microsoft offer, does the watch offer comes only when it's in stock?
    Thanks
    It was same for me but appeared on 25th. Then I have placed order and just today got delivered too
    I know this is out of context but I'm planning on getting a new head unit for my car and I'm torn between android auto one or full android unit... Which would be better based on experience?
    I think the full android one is going to be laggy due to poor hardware . I have never experienced a 3rd party android based system that is not laggy and slow.
    But it will have loads of extra features.

Android auto will use the power of your phone to display all content and process it.
    It has basic functionality like calls ,music , maps but i guess that is all what you will need while driving .

Another point is updates , the full android one is never going to be updated , and the android auto one , since it works through phone, it will get updated and may bring new features as well .
    So it finally happened after raising the ticket to Samsung Redemption Team !

Screenshot_20210203-100150_Samsung Shop.jpg
    Watch is available now for redemption! Go ahead and get it fast.
    Received my retail unit at midnight 😀..
    That's what i have been waiting for!

😍😍😍

Screenshot_20210123-165525.jpg
    @zaydenQ
    S21 Ultra has 2 physical SIM slots & eSIM facility.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone