General [INDIA] Galaxy S21 Ultra news, pre-order, offers etc. discussion thread.

Kiran-Kumar

Apr 25, 2017
Bangalore
With Prelaunch there was an indirect discount of 25K (Watch 15K + HDFC Cash Back 10 K). So cost was 80K. On corporate its now 84K.
EMI discount was also applicable in prelaunch.
Let me do the math, 1,06,999 - 10k = 97k
97k + 1k(paid for the watch) = 98k
98k - ~15k(watch) = 83k (Many got a bad deal for their watch, I'm also on this bloody emi to get the 10k cashback after April paying GST for interest every month)

The prebook offers atleast for me is a nice to have offer only, I will anyday take a lesser priced phone than variables like watch value, paying GST, waiting for cashback.

Despite all these there is a solid 10k difference in less than a month which is hard to digest for a loyal Samsung user. :cry:

Edit: If i have to cover some of these loses, I need to sell my phone on olx for 80k and get it again for 75k. But why will I buy the same phone again :LOL:

Samsung showing whom they value more.....ideally it should be vice versa, people who prebook should get the maximum value and people buying after, should be doing all these math, exchange rates etc.,

Last edited:

Kiran-Kumar

Apr 25, 2017
Bangalore
Has anyone started using esim on their phones? I have a jio connection so I am considering and I have seen somewhere using esim reduced the battery life, which I don't know how, that's why I am clarifying!
I was using jio esim on Note 20U....in addition to slightly reduced battery life, network coverage specially while travelling was average. The reason for me using esim was, I wanted 2 sims and microsd card all working in tandem.
With S21U, I do not see a necessity, so using 2 physical sim cards.

sagarb

Mar 8, 2012
guys my s21ultra went black screen suddenly after I scanned for payment :( . Any suggestion. Need to go to service center .How could this even happen in such a device .Later went through YouTube saw same with S20 n20 also such a let down.And I'm damm sure nothing else I did except scan the payment went to black screen .sounds call are coming but no use.i was in the latest firmware update.

Last edited:

Virgo_Guy

Sep 11, 2012
Navi Mumbai
guys my s21ultra went black screen suddenly after I scanned for payment :( . Any suggestion. Need to go to service center .How could this even happen in such a device .Later went through YouTube saw same with S20 n20 also such a let down.And I'm damm sure nothing else I did except scan the payment went to black screen .sounds call are coming but no use.i was in the latest firmware update.
To visit service center probably without having a hardware failure? It should be the last resort. 😐

These issue are almost always software related. Apps like package disablers, incompatible 3rd party package files and themes, even rogue apps from Playstore etc. can trigger this as far as I'm aware.

If the phone is ON, force restart it(press and hold volume down & side-key together for sometime). If battery is empty, charge the phone for sometime first, press and hold volume down & side-key till "Samsung" appears. See if it takes you to homescreen or not, if it doesn't then go to recovery(pressing and holding volume up+sidekey having cable plugged in to comp USB first, release when "Samsung" appears), do a factory reset and reboot. It should work.

sagarb

Mar 8, 2012

To visit service center probably without having a hardware failure? It should be the last resort. 😐

These issue are almost always software related. Apps like package disablers, incompatible 3rd party package files and themes, even rogue apps from Playstore etc. can trigger this as far as I'm aware.

If the phone is ON, force restart it(press and hold volume down & side-key together for sometime). If battery is empty, charge the phone for sometime first, press and hold volume down & side-key till "Samsung" appears. See if it takes you to homescreen or not, if it doesn't then go to recovery(pressing and holding volume up+sidekey having cable plugged in to comp USB first, release when "Samsung" appears), do a factory reset and reboot. It should work.
ya visited service center felt bad while dissembling just 1month this happened :( need to wait for 3 to 4 days they told will replace whole screen .

Attachments

Dpk1

May 24, 2012
ya visited service center felt bad while dissembling just 1month this happened :( need to wait for 3 to 4 days they told will replace whole screen .
Worrying to know this! I faced similar "black screen issue" after updating and factory resetting my wife's note 20 ultra! Tried all the methods mentioned online but to no avail. It took 10 days for samsung to replace the Note20 ultra screen. They said it was some sort of screen/driver hard brick and that required new screen replacement. It has been working fine ever since.

But not good to have these issues on Top of the line flagships! Before this never ever had any such hardware issue with my previous smartphones that will render the phone useless, with no apparent fault of the user!

Virgo_Guy

Sep 11, 2012
Navi Mumbai
Worrying to know this! I faced similar "black screen issue" after updating and factory resetting my wife's note 20 ultra! Tried all the methods mentioned online but to no avail. It took 10 days for samsung to replace the Note20 ultra screen. They said it was some sort of screen/driver hard brick and that required new screen replacement. It has been working fine ever since.

But not good to have these issues on Top of the line flagships! Before this never ever had any such hardware issue with my previous smartphones that will render the phone useless, with no apparent fault of the user!
I find it kinda weird that it's a "hardware issue", if at all. Saying this because screen black screen is not new to my experience and as a last resort I had to resort to emergency software recovery using smart switch when nothing else worked.

Not denying it can't be a display issue for whatever reason, but I don't trust the service centre technicians easily because their diagnosis is sub par and when it's in warranty, they tend to replace hardware components one after another as their expertise in software-side is worryingly limited. When the display isn't ON, they can't flash a factory image - once they created their this image on me - as then, they wanted to replace the PCB - didn't keep there and fixed it on my own as it was all about the OS mulfunctioning.

abhi021

Jul 6, 2011
The other best alternative can be using ODIN to flash the firmware. If the device can be booted to download mode. If it does you will have blue tick on the ODIN, even if the display is not working that way can flash the firmware. If the screen still doesn't work then its for sure its a hardware issue.

Dpk1

May 24, 2012
I find it kinda weird that it's a "hardware issue", if at all. Saying this because screen black screen is not new to my experience and as a last resort I had to resort to emergency software recovery using smart switch when nothing else worked.

Not denying it can't be a display issue for whatever reason, but I don't trust the service centre technicians easily because their diagnosis is sub par and when it's in warranty, they tend to replace hardware components one after another as their expertise in software-side is worryingly limited. When the display isn't ON, they can't flash a factory image - once they created their this image on me - as then, they wanted to replace the PCB - didn't keep there and fixed it on my own as it was all about the OS mulfunctioning.
I hope you're correct and they (samsung service engineers) are wrong! I too thought it to be an OS/software malfunction because it happened just after a factory reset. I tried various methods except the smart switch recovery (via usb) through a PC. I wish I had tried that too, but owing to my work constraints I couldn't at that time. Thought getting it serviced under warranty would be easier, but they took a lot of time!

Reactions: Virgo_Guy

sagarb

Mar 8, 2012

ya that's main problem they have this issues in previous models still they couldn't rectify in s21ultra also before launch if it's in warranty so it's ok and that too claiming warranty was so hard in service centers these days if you don't have adld.they simply denies by saying false statements.i still have s7 edge it have pink line in the screen right that's the major problem in every s7 edge series.