General [INDIA] Galaxy S21 Ultra news, pre-order, offers etc. discussion thread.

Search This thread

Kiran-Kumar

Apr 25, 2017
Bangalore
Been to the service center...they need 1 week time to completely replace the power button...i asked them why did this happen with the phone just 3 weeks old...the reply was it happens sir.
Lack of microsd card is biting me now...i got my phone back home to take a back up of 150GB data...ll return it tomorrow.

abhi021

Jul 6, 2011
Been to the service center...they need 1 week time to completely replace the power button...i asked them why did this happen with the phone just 3 weeks old...the reply was it happens sir.
Lack of microsd card is biting me now...i got my phone back home to take a back up of 150GB data...ll return it tomorrow.
That is crazy one week to replace a single button.
Looks like they gonna import one.

In my 18 months use of using Oneplus 7 pro, the volume button was partially broken from one side, used for almost 6 months in same condition with the case. Then came time upgrade the device, walked in at oneplus service store, showed the issue, they replaced just the volume button FOC even though it had no warranty, walked out in 10 minutes. That was a shocker.

During the first curved display launch with S6 Edge remember it had some glass imperfection with all 4 replacement device in a day. Each one unboxed had issue and was verified by samsung service center, was replaced without asking question. My 5th device in 24 hours was perfect. I guessed lot has changed since then.

• Sad
Reactions: Kiran-Kumar

Kiran-Kumar

Apr 25, 2017
Bangalore
That is crazy one week to replace a single button.
Looks like they gonna import one.

In my 18 months use of using Oneplus 7 pro, the volume button was partially broken from one side, used for almost 6 months in same condition with the case. Then came time upgrade the device, walked in at oneplus service store, showed the issue, they replaced just the volume button FOC even though it had no warranty, walked out in 10 minutes. That was a shocker.

During the first curved display launch with S6 Edge remember it had some glass imperfection with all 4 replacement device in a day. Each one unboxed had issue and was verified by samsung service center, was replaced without asking question. My 5th device in 24 hours was perfect. I guessed lot has changed since then.

Yup...1 week for a button is not acceptable at all...I'm now starting to hate this phone...thinking of other options...it is a mental block that the phone is tampered.

venki5star

Why you are servicing in the first? They should be replace the whole unit not just the power button.

Sukrith

Yup...1 week for a button is not acceptable at all...I'm now starting to hate this phone...thinking of other options...it is a mental block that the phone is tampered.
I agree with what @venki5star is saying! They should replace the whole unit... Just tell the service center its been less than a month and this happened, either you replace the entire device on doa or you'll go to consumer court! If they say they can't, ask an advocate friend of yours to send a legal notice to them!

Kiran-Kumar

Apr 25, 2017
Bangalore
Why you are servicing in the first? They should be replace the whole unit not just the power button.
I agree with what @venki5star is saying! They should replace the whole unit... Just tell the service center its been less than a month and this happened, either you replace the entire device on doa or you'll go to consumer court! If they say they can't, ask an advocate friend of yours to send a legal notice to them!

Thank you....I would love to have a new device to live with it peacefully...going to the service center today.

abhi021

Jul 6, 2011
they only provide replacement in first 15 days under DOA. This is their new norm I suppose.
I switched from oneplus after 3 years thinking Samsung always served me better whether its quality or service, accept for battery life on the device.
No wonder many opt for Iphone for some piece of mind when it comes to quality of the product and service.
I was contemplating to go iphone, but took a leap towards s21U. Have bought samsung assured plan for buyback guarantee. Will probably go on Iphone 13 once it comes with 120hz.

venki5star

they only provide replacement in first 15 days under DOA. This is their new norm I suppose.
I switched from oneplus after 3 years thinking Samsung always served me better whether its quality or service, accept for battery life on the device.
No wonder many opt for Iphone for some piece of mind when it comes to quality of the product and service.
I was contemplating to go iphone, but took a leap towards s21U. Have bought samsung assured plan for buyback guarantee. Will probably go on Iphone 13 once it comes with 120hz.
I would suggest to contact Samsung directly instead of going to Service Center. If require post to their Twitter account (do not DM). The power button problem without you dropping the phone within 3 weeks is not acceptable in any means. If they open the device to fix the button, there is no guarantee it will retain the water resistance as machine sealing the phone is different than human applying glue. Also what will do for 1 week without phone? You paid so much money and live without the phone for a week? I am sure, they will have excuse to delay further.

Reactions: abhi021

Kiran-Kumar

Apr 25, 2017
Bangalore
I spoke to the showroom guys...they are not even ready to listen to what I'm trying to say...went to the service center...they are demanding 1k for the power button and they say its physical damage and does not cover under warranty.
I told them its hardly a month and i never drop my phone...the response was...you have applied tempered glass the liquid would have damaged the plastic. As a matter of fact i applied the tempered glass yesterday after the button broke.

I'm so irritated, Most probably my last Samsung device for life.

Apr 12, 2014
Ya'll making me (first time Samsung buyer) real nervous over here 😅 by disclosing Samsung's shady tactics. Experience has been fine so far but you never know 🤞. Might have to jump ship elsewhere a lot sooner than expected.
But seriously though, this is some wretched attitude by the service personnel and the company's policy makers. Only degrades the brand's reputation if you're gonna have a trash experience with the company's flagship.
On a side note, Samsung has successfully managed to ruin the Zoom Lock experience for me with the latest firmware update.

Sukrith

I had a few phones in the last couple of years... I had a mts phone which was one of my 1st android phone broke in 1 month trying to root it and ended up getting it replaced... Bought a huawei phone, it sucked, then got a Xolo X900, I had the 1st phone for 9 months out of which 7 months it used to be in service center because of touch issues! Got a replacement Xolo X1000, again had issues with it and it being in service center for months and they broke it... Finally got it replaced and with a slight adjustment I got a Nexus 5! There was a spot on it and the display got replaced in 1 hrs time... Then got the 6P had display issues after 4 or 5 months, took I guess 2 or 3 weeks for the phone to be fixed (actually got a replacement)... Then I got my S8 which I again damaged by trying to apply a wet application screen protector causing water in charging port and it frying that entire board, got it fixed in 2 hrs time... The S10e I had didn't have issues and my Tab A which is nearing 2 years on sparing use, the display fell on my face for no reason! Have it to service center and took maybe a week to get it fixed! The reason why I told all this is,
A. Replacements aren't a big thing and we can get it whenever we want, we just need to force them
B. Local brands and some other brands like Huawei who has only collection points are notoriously slow when it comes to repair
C. The spare part availability and everything is dependent on the age of the phone in case of Samsung to an extent because older the phone is, more availability will be there
D. At times all these people will cannibalize parts from other phones to repair yours!

• Wow

Sukrith

I spoke to the showroom guys...they are not even ready to listen to what I'm trying to say...went to the service center...they are demanding 1k for the power button and they say its physical damage and does not cover under warranty.
I told them its hardly a month and i never drop my phone...the response was...you have applied tempered glass the liquid would have damaged the plastic. As a matter of fact i applied the tempered glass yesterday after the button broke.

Ask them to disassemble the phone in front of you and show where the liquid damaged the power button! Also send a tweet with the photo of your phone and everything to Samsung... Also on their website there's an option to write to the CEO, do that as well! As customers we have every right to fight for what is right!

abhi021

Jul 6, 2011

Sorry to hear about that crap.
Which city and service center is this.
Raise a complain on samsung's FB and twitter. Am sure they will get back with resolution.
On side note.. I think it makes sense to buy their protection plan.. But not sure if they cover all these issues.

Kiran-Kumar

Apr 25, 2017
Bangalore
I went to another service center here in Bangalore, same story but the cost is Rs. 500.....what crap is this?
Anyways I have decided to sell the phone off after the replacement by next week Tuesday or Wednesday.
Thank you Samsung, I cannot live with a tampered phone. (n)

Edit: I'm so exhausted, I have no patience or energy talking about this to idiots at Samsung, I should have moved out when Samsung priced it above the Note despite removing key features(microsd, MST etc.,)
Now that I'm used to no sdcard, the choices are abundant outside + thankyou for making a fool out of their preorder customers with recent price cut.

Last edited:

Dpk1

May 24, 2012
I went to another service center here in Bangalore, same story but the cost is Rs. 500.....what crap is this?
Anyways I have decided to sell the phone off after the replacement by next week Tuesday or Wednesday.

Edit: I'm so exhausted, I have no patience or energy talking about this to idiots at Samsung, I should have moved out when Samsung priced it above the Note despite removing key features(microsd, MST etc.,)
Now that I'm used to no sdcard, the choices are abundant outside + thankyou for making a fool out of their preorder customers with recent price cut.
I can understand that feeling. I do agree with the fact that Samsung (mobile) after sales service sucks big time! I feel they train their employees to behave dumb. They try to disregard/not acknowledge any issue as device malfunction and if they do they'll blame it on the user. Also, forget about replacement after DOA period, you'll be lucky if they even accept to repair your smartphone under warranty! This has been my experience with Samsung service since Note 2 times. The only exception being a Delhi Samsung Service Centre (years back in 2010) in my experience.

P.S - Having said this, most Samsung flagship smartphones have been a bit above the rest imo! And yes, I am thoroughly enjoying my s21 ultra 512gb (black) with no issues (barring the heating issue when on a video call for more than 30 minutes on 4G data). No camera overheating or app force closing experienced so far.

Last edited:

Belkismc

Jun 2, 2019
W.L Michigan
www.flickr.com
I got my Galaxy S21 Ultra 512 GB in blue on the 25th + am very happy with the deal I received from Samsung US .50 dollars discount pre order , 700 dollars for my trade in ( Note 20 ultra) , 260 dollars in bonus and I called about the problem with Fed ex delayed ( weather related) and they solve that in 2 days
BTW after I got my phone they sent 2 emails the following day apologizing for the delayed.

Last edited:
Reactions: zaydenQ

sagarb

Mar 8, 2012
I can understand that feeling. I do agree with the fact that Samsung (mobile) after sales service sucks big time! I feel they train their employees to behave dumb. They try to disregard/not acknowledge any issue as device malfunction and if they do they'll blame it on the user. Also, forget about replacement after DOA period, you'll be lucky if they even accept to repair your smartphone under warranty! This has been my experience with Samsung service since Note 2 times. The only exception being a Delhi Samsung Service Centre (years back in 2010) in my experience.

P.S - Having said this, most Samsung flagship smartphones have been a bit above the rest imo! And yes, I am thoroughly enjoying my s21 ultra 512gb (black) with no issues (barring the heating issue when on a video call for more than 30 minutes on 4G data). No camera overheating or app force closing experienced so far.
so true I saw how they behave with less knowledge people simply water damage for any issue that's it. you say what ever you want they will not agree even it's in warranty or not.luckily I know a guy in service centre so he replacing battery and screen both in warranty for my s21 ultra but that waiting :( is paining.

Reactions: Dpk1

sagarb

Mar 8, 2012

check this authorized service centre mate previously have been their once when my S10 plus was not charging due to some water inside still in warranty they replaced entire motherboard in front of me not asked too much questions.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210227-070957_Maps.jpg
    Screenshot_20210227-070957_Maps.jpg
    778.9 KB · Views: 27

Kiran-Kumar

Apr 25, 2017
Bangalore
check this authorized service centre mate previously have been their once when my S10 plus was not charging due to some water inside still in warranty they replaced entire motherboard in front of me not asked too much questions.

Thank you.... I already checked with 3 service centers closer to the place I live, Opera house (1 week waiting time), Indiranagar (1k, Monday), Marathahalli (500, Monday).
The Rajajinagar one is 1.5hrs drive up and down from my place...so I will pay 500 and get rid of this soon.

kannanX10

May 6, 2010
Coimbatore-TN

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    In India we are getting S21Ultra exynos @85k around and 10-12K you may get easily with watch if you sell it. So actual cost is 73K
    For me it's difficult to digest paying 38K thousand just for SD processor. Apart form price difference, no local warranty, un optimized network settings.
    Unless you play a lot of games, the overall performance gap in between Exynos and Snapdragon this time around is too low to justify the huge price gap(looking at the "effective price" of the Exynos and the price of imported SD version in Amazon.in), that too at the cost of no warranty for the latter to start with...
    True. Apart from that, SD version won't have correct CSC so even we can use in india, network settings won't be optimized for india, as well CSC features as well , for example Call Recording.
    The AUC8 update is out
    Camera and Device improvements from the info.
    Size - 1140 MB.
    April security Patch
    Camera updated to version . 83
    Does anyone else here have any experience with the watch active 2 that they would like to share?

I'm really confused about whether to keep it or discard it given the feedback received above...
    I gave the review based on my experience buying it at full price! But if you are planning on selling it for 10k, it effectively means you bought it for 10k... So for that amount it's fine! Don't sell it off until and unless you get atleast 14k+(I got 14k for mine)... Otherwise it's fine keep it with you and use it!
    but the issue is my little one peeled off the preinstalled SP in one corner.
    Gadgetshieldz one is good enough! I'm using it now... Peeling is there a bit but it'll protect the screen as much as the pre installed one... So I'd suggest u to go for it!
    So it finally happened after raising the ticket to Samsung Redemption Team !

Screenshot_20210203-100150_Samsung Shop.jpg
    Watch is available now for redemption! Go ahead and get it fast.
    Received my retail unit at midnight 😀..
    That's what i have been waiting for!

😍😍😍

Screenshot_20210123-165525.jpg
    @zaydenQ
    S21 Ultra has 2 physical SIM slots & eSIM facility.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone