General [INDIA] Galaxy S21 Ultra news, pre-order, offers etc. discussion thread.

zaydenQ

Mar 19, 2016
So you will get your phone on or before 25th Jan....tatz less than 4 days (y)
25th Jan? I hope so. :D But on the app/website it says delivery will be made by 28th Jan. Hope it happens by 25th!

I have two queries.. if anyone can help please do.

1. S21 Ultra has E-Sim Utility right? If it doesn't I will have to transfer my Jio esim back to a physical sim.

2. Also how to preclose the EMI on HDFC? Does anyone have any experience with it?

Kiran-Kumar

Apr 25, 2017
Bangalore
25th Jan? I hope so. :D But on the app/website it says delivery will be made by 28th Jan. Hope it happens by 25th!

I have two queries.. if anyone can help please do.

1. S21 Ultra has E-Sim Utility right? If it doesn't I will have to transfer my Jio esim back to a physical sim.

2. Also how to preclose the EMI on HDFC? Does anyone have any experience with it?
1. I doubt, it has 2 sim slots in the tray, one up and down.
2. Just call the mobile banking customer care, tell them you need to preclose the emi.
They will give you the balance amount and you will be forwarded to an IVR were you need to enter the OTP you received.
Post that you will have 3 days to make the balance payment, the process is similar to how you pay your monthly bills.

Reactions: nick191

zaydenQ

Mar 19, 2016
1. I doubt, it has 2 sim slots in the tray, one up and down.
2. Just call the mobile banking customer care, tell them you need to preclose the emi.
They will give you the balance amount and you will be forwarded to an IVR were you need to enter the OTP you received.
Post that you will have 3 days to make the balance payment, the process is similar to how you pay your monthly bills.
Ah, then I'd convert it to a physical sim before I get the phone. But I noticed that the internet speed on the Esim is 2x faster than physical sim.

And thank you for the help! Will foreclose the EMI when I get the money after selling my Note 20U and Watch Active 2.

Kiran-Kumar

Apr 25, 2017
Bangalore
Ah, then I'd convert it to a physical sim before I get the phone. But I noticed that the internet speed on the Esim is 2x faster than physical sim.

And thank you for the help! Will foreclose the EMI when I get the money after selling my Note 20U and Watch Active 2.
Converting to physical SIM hardly takes 10 minutes with no extra charges.
In my experience, jio e-sim on my Note20U was poor with connectivity and drained a lot of battery.

abu46

Dec 7, 2011
It's better to get a normal type A brick and get a type a to c cable! Or to get a wireless charger because cables break a lot and type c to c cables are really expensive!
Will do, can you suggest any good brand. I have always used the in box sammy charger and have no experience with 3rd party ones..

nick191

Mar 25, 2013
Vadodara
www.youtube.com
Will do, can you suggest any good brand. I have always used the in box sammy charger and have no experience with 3rd party ones..

Anker, Aukey and Ravpower are good brands to go for but unfortunately I don't see they have 25Watt bricks yet!

It would be preferable to go with Samsung's 25Watt Charger, you can purchase is through Samsung Shop App!

abu46

Dec 7, 2011
Anker, Aukey and Ravpower are good brands to go for but unfortunately I don't see they have 25Watt bricks yet!

It would be preferable to go with Samsung's 25Watt Charger, you can purchase is through Samsung Shop App!
Yes i was also unable to find any good ones. Looks like the official one is the only way..

Sukrith

Sep 19, 2013
Trivandrum
www.facebook.com
If u have a type a brick at your home from a good company, then that is actually enough... From what I've heard, it's always good to charge the phone at a lower power than rated and it'll save your battery's health... I'm not sure if it's right though! But I would suggest you get an Mi type C cable and a power brick from a reputable company. I actually have a type c adapter of my Nexus 6P and type A adapter of a Motorola X2 so I'm planning on using that with an Mi cable or with a wireless charger and charge it at night.

Reactions: abu46

Kiran-Kumar

Apr 25, 2017
Bangalore
That's pretty good considering the Screen size and refresh rate. We can simply put it at lower resolution and refresh rate when outside or on long trip ! It will definitely cross 10+ hours of SOT with that!
If you choose standard refresh rate, its locked to 60hz. VRR wont work.
I get around 9+ hrs of SOT on S20 Ultra with 60hz, 40% brightness, dual SIM.