General [INDIA] Galaxy S21 Ultra news, pre-order, offers etc. discussion thread.

Search This thread

Virgo_Guy

You are mixing 2 things .

The watch offer was valid for activations between 4th and 31st march .
Now its not there . Only cashbacks /exchange benefits as of now .

I activated my s21 ultra on 30th march

So I am eligible for the offer.

But only those people can redeem the watch offer at Rs990 , who activated between 4th and 17th march .

Those who activated between 18th and 31st march , still cannot redeem that offer .

Its supposed to be live today for them .
So what have you found me "mixing" 😀?

My query is currently it's alive for current purchases or not! considering Samsung website does show the watch offer at present but with the requirement of "old date of activation"(meaning currently this offer isn't available) if the S21 series is purchased now . It confuses further since amazon, flipkart do show up the offers as well, but with 1st April to 30th April purchase requirement(so it's applicable) .

So for current purchases, offer is applicable or not!

Attachments

• Amazon.jpg
    Amazon.jpg
    645.1 KB · Views: 29
  • Flipkart.jpg
    Flipkart.jpg
    584.4 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:

My query is currently it's alive for current purchases or not! considering Samsung website does show the watch offer at present but with the requirement of "old date of activation"(meaning currently this offer isn't available) if the S21 series is purchased now . It confuses further since amazon, flipkart do show up the offers as well, but with 1st April to 30th April purchase requirement(so it's applicable) .

If the redemption of the april batch starts from april 15, then the redemption for people till 31st May should be finished before that right?

aj7400

May 25, 2013
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra

It seems that the offer is again live for online purchases at the moment .
If you purchase now , u might be able to redeem that next month

But as we puchased in march , we are waiting for the redemption right now

Apr 12, 2014
Does anyone else's S21 Ultra charge slow? Mine's taking around 2hrs15min to full charge from 1% using the 25W brick.
Charging while the phone's off is a lot quicker. Takes around 1.5hrs to full charge from Zero.

Reactions: amit_sen

Virgo_Guy

Does anyone else's S21 Ultra charge slow? Mine's taking around 2hrs15min to full charge from 1% using the 25W brick.
Charging while the phone's off is a lot quicker. Takes around 1.5hrs to full charge from Zero.
Depending upon where you live and if ambient temperature is high there(it's April 😀), the phone will charge slowly. As far as I'm aware, it's a measure to prevent overheating. If you turn on the AC to get the room temperature down to say 26/27 degrees, the phone will be charged a lot faster with the same adapter.

Also, when phone is turned OFF, it'll get charged faster than while it's ON which is normal.

Apr 12, 2014
Depending upon where you live and if ambient temperature is high there(it's April 😀), the phone will charge slowly. As far as I'm aware, it's a measure to prevent overheating. If you turn on the AC to get the room temperature down to say 26/27 degrees, the phone will be charged a lot faster with the same adapter.

Also, when phone is turned OFF, it'll get charged faster than while it's ON which is normal.
Thanks, didn't know about the ambient room temperature stuff. By the way, how about charging the phone overnight with fast and Superfast Charging turned off? I usually have to charge early in the morning or late at night before sleeping.

Virgo_Guy

... By the way, how about charging the phone overnight with fast and Superfast Charging turned off? I usually have to charge early in the morning or late at night before sleeping.
There's so much of never ending discussion of why one should charge slowly, shouldn't turn on fast/super fast charging for an overnight charge, 20 to 80% "ideal charge" etc. in various forums . While these are correct if we go by physics/chemistry, I also believe that batteries are "smartly" charged, never "entirely charged" even at 100%,.. and what not...!
I prefer convenience, so I for one would be totally fine even if the battery health is degraded some 3% more at the end of a year of usage due to my bad charging habits(1 to 100%, always super fast charging, charging whenever I want etc.) than how it would degrade with a slow/super slow charge that too with "precautions" throughout the year..

Reactions: Rattlesnake3:16

aj7400

May 25, 2013
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Depends on the ambient temperature , and also if u are using the phone with charging

While using and charging it mostly charges at 8-9 watts .

And if temperature is below 37 it will charge at 25w .

Btw you need 25 w pd charger with typr c to type c for 25w charging .

Else it will charge at slower speeds

srikanthuk

Jul 18, 2013
Mumbai
Finally got the S21 ultra. Got it for 85k. Happy with the phone overall. The shopkeeper claimed i am eligible for the smartwatch but it doesnt show on the samsung store app yet. He said to try around end of April.

Had a query on the camera. At night when i try to shoot a photo, LED light sources have a purple tinge and lense flare effect. Is that normal?

aj7400

May 25, 2013
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Finally got the S21 ultra. Got it for 85k. Happy with the phone overall. The shopkeeper claimed i am eligible for the smartwatch but it doesnt show on the samsung store app yet. He said to try around end of April.

Had a query on the camera. At night when i try to shoot a photo, LED light sources have a purple tinge and lense flare effect. Is that normal?
Some users have reported that issue ,
I have myself not tried it .

Wait for samsung , another patch will be just around the corner .
Expect it to arrive mid april

Reactions: srikanthuk

Is that 85k inclusive of exchange value of old phone or without exchange?

aj7400

May 25, 2013
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra

Can you Please explain the whole offer ?

Just now I checked for watch offer. It says not eligible for prebook offer. Earlier it was showing eligible.
Can anyone please confirm?
I spoke to my local samsung guy. He's generally reliable. He said that next batch of Watch Active 2 redemption will begin today evening at 6:30 pm for users who have activated their new S21 series phone on or before 25th March 2021. Right now, the cut-off is 17th March. People like me (who activated their phones after 25th) may have to wait a further 1-2 weeks before the offer goes live for them.

Apparently the delay is because of short supply of the watch active 2 (2019 product, not in active manufacturing because next Watch Active is in development).

This is one of the reasons why they have re-introduced galaxy buds choice along with watch choice from April (there was no choice when i bought it in March, just the watch offer), to reduce demand for the watch active 2, which is mostly being re-sold in the grey market after redemption, to offset cost of device by around Rs 11k-12k instead of being used.

At least this is what my source claims...

Reactions: Bidyadhar
I spoke to my local samsung guy. He's generally reliable. He said that next batch of Watch Active 2 redemption will begin today evening at 6:30 pm for users who have activated their new S21 series phone on or before 25th March 2021. Right now, the cut-off is 17th March. People like me (who activated their phones after 25th) may have to wait a further 1-2 weeks before the offer goes live for them.

Apparently the delay is because of short supply of the watch active 2 (2019 product, not in active manufacturing because next Watch Active is in development).

This is one of the reasons why they have re-introduced galaxy buds choice along with watch choice from April (there was no choice when i bought it in March, just the watch offer), to reduce demand for the watch active 2, which is mostly being re-sold in the grey market after redemption, to offset cost of device by around Rs 11k-12k instead of being used.

At least this is what my source claims...
I also sold mine for 14k as I bought a watch active in September last year stupidly! And trust me... The watch is crap and doesn't have any apps compared to watch os!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    In India we are getting S21Ultra exynos @85k around and 10-12K you may get easily with watch if you sell it. So actual cost is 73K
    For me it's difficult to digest paying 38K thousand just for SD processor. Apart form price difference, no local warranty, un optimized network settings.
    Unless you play a lot of games, the overall performance gap in between Exynos and Snapdragon this time around is too low to justify the huge price gap(looking at the "effective price" of the Exynos and the price of imported SD version in Amazon.in), that too at the cost of no warranty for the latter to start with...
    True. Apart from that, SD version won't have correct CSC so even we can use in india, network settings won't be optimized for india, as well CSC features as well , for example Call Recording.
    The AUC8 update is out
    Camera and Device improvements from the info.
    Size - 1140 MB.
    April security Patch
    Camera updated to version . 83
    In the "for you" tab of samsung app, it shows you are eligible and inside it only shows the Microsoft offer, does the watch offer comes only when it's in stock?
    Thanks
    It was same for me but appeared on 25th. Then I have placed order and just today got delivered too
    Very goog answer and I appreciate it coming from a previous oneplus owner. What is your average screen on time / usage like on the ultra?
    I'm getting 7hrs+ sot with 16hr usage and 23% remaining
    So it finally happened after raising the ticket to Samsung Redemption Team !

Screenshot_20210203-100150_Samsung Shop.jpg
    Watch is available now for redemption! Go ahead and get it fast.
    Received my retail unit at midnight 😀..
    That's what i have been waiting for!

😍😍😍

Screenshot_20210123-165525.jpg
    @zaydenQ
    S21 Ultra has 2 physical SIM slots & eSIM facility.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone