General [INDIA] Galaxy S21 Ultra news, pre-order, offers etc. discussion thread.

Search This thread
Apr 12, 2014
No. Service centers use that tool. It is completely normal and safe.
I once took my phone to the service centre to have the fast charging issues addressed. They asked me if I've ever tried to have my phone's software updated in the Service Centre. "The next time you get a SW update, have it updated over here. Might fix your fast charging woes."
Never had it done since then. But I might give this method a try at home.

Virgo_Guy

Sep 11, 2012
Navi Mumbai
Apple iPhone 12
"UDA" build now rolling out using Smart Switch.

Attachments

• UDA.PNG
    UDA.PNG
    37 KB · Views: 57
Reactions: kannanX10
Hey guys don't make fun of my craft skill and the ugliness of it... But after searching for a good leather case, including the official one (which seems to be having lots of issues and completely unavailable to buy), I decided to do a diy leather case using my Ringke Air S as the base! I'm attaching the pics so you all can also try if you want!

Attachments

• IMG-20210502-WA0004.jpg
    IMG-20210502-WA0004.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG-20210502-WA0005.jpg
    IMG-20210502-WA0005.jpg
    193.6 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG-20210502-WA0001.jpg
    IMG-20210502-WA0001.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG-20210502-WA0003.jpg
    IMG-20210502-WA0003.jpg
    198.5 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG-20210502-WA0002.jpg
    IMG-20210502-WA0002.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 44

hardshock

Mar 28, 2012
PSA: The GadgetShieldz side skin for the Ultra does not have accurate cutouts and their screen guard for the Active 2 does not cover the entire screen.

I ha emailed them the detailed feedback hoping that they would take it seriously but that did not happen. Even worse, they tried twice to give readymade responses blaming me itself.

The first time they told that the watch's screen guard was not applied by me and I hence had air bubbles. The irony is that there were no bubbles in the first place. The issue was their product not covering the entire screen. When I replied back telling them to read the feedback properly, this time they replied stating that I ordered the wrong product. I then took a screenshot of my order from their website and told that I ordered the correct one itself. They then finally told that this is how their product is and we have to compromise. Also if you notice, they never addressed the issue with the phone skin at all and just ignored it.

I really did not expect this sort of service from them. Beware before ordering from these guys.

PSA: The GadgetShieldz side skin for the Ultra does not have accurate cutouts and their screen guard for the Active 2 does not cover the entire screen.

I ha emailed them the detailed feedback hoping that they would take it seriously but that did not happen. Even worse, they tried twice to give readymade responses blaming me itself.

The first time they told that the watch's screen guard was not applied by me and I hence had air bubbles. The irony is that there were no bubbles in the first place. The issue was their product not covering the entire screen. When I replied back telling them to read the feedback properly, this time they replied stating that I ordered the wrong product. I then took a screenshot of my order from their website and told that I ordered the correct one itself. They then finally told that this is how their product is and we have to compromise. Also if you notice, they never addressed the issue with the phone skin at all and just ignored it.

I really did not expect this sort of service from them. Beware before ordering from these guys.
That's very sad to hear. Whether product is great or not, customer service should be good at least.

Having said that, I'm not sure why they sent you the side skin without proper cut-outs. The one I have for my S21 Ultra is absolutely perfect. In fact I was surprised to see this level of precision - even dbrand does not offer side skins alone. It is a little tricky to apply but once it's on, it's damn near perfect.

I have not used their watch cover or screen guards so cannot comment on them. But their skins are cut very precisely as far as my personal experience goes. I've used skins for iPhone, OP6 and the S21U and all have been perfect.

However, I have never had to deal with their customer service so far, so in case something does go wrong, I'll keep your experience in mind. Thanks for sharing.

In my experience they've had awesome customer service as well as outright terrible customer service! Earlier I used to have problems with them but this time in case of the S21U, they actually sent me a free replacement as the one that came first wasn't casefit (there was no option). The side skin as @enigmaamit said was perfect for me but because I had to put it in a case, it peeled away and I got so angry I threw it out except for the charging and speaker grill! Just send them a mail again and tell them that you'll make it public and tell them you are a member in XDA and other places where your review will affect others purchase decision!
Edit: I think they sent you Watch Active and not Watch Active 2's screen guard!

Reactions: enigmaamit

steveroysston

• Mar 30, 2021

Well I purchased skins for my Samsung s21 ultra from gadgetshieldz few days back. Really got to say that I had no issues applying the skin nor with the cut-outs, fit and finish were good. But to my knowledge they didn't have screen protectors for watch active 2 in their website, coz I've been searching their website for my watch active 2. I even contacted them asking if they'll be able to provide watch active 2 screen protector but they replied saying that they'll be working on it and list it for sale shortly. With respect to the customer support as well I've raised a couple of queries in the past, not to brag about their response time but they resolved the issues with fair justice.

Reactions: enigmaamit
    Do any of you know how to turn off VoLTE on the S21 Ultra? I have an Exynos Indian unit. I'm unable to find the setting anymore. I believe it was present earlier, but one of the updates has disabled the toggle option and I'm unable to find it.

If anyone has any idea how to change VoLTE settings, please let me know.

I'm on latest stock AUDA firmware.

Do any of you know how to turn off VoLTE on the S21 Ultra? I have an Exynos Indian unit. I'm unable to find the setting anymore. I believe it was present earlier, but one of the updates has disabled the toggle option and I'm unable to find it.

If anyone has any idea how to change VoLTE settings, please let me know.

I'm on latest stock AUDA firmware.
    I maybe wrong but I feel since almost all companies have shifted to VoLTE, the setting maybe redundant now! Not sure but a possibility... You have jio?

I maybe wrong but I feel since almost all companies have shifted to VoLTE, the setting maybe redundant now! Not sure but a possibility... You have jio?
    No. Airtel. VoLTE causes choppiness in calls compared to regular calls, at least for my area. I was happy with regular calls. But unable to find the option to turn off VoLTE now.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      Camera not as such. It's at night when I take a photo a get a purple haze and dispersion like light getting reflected off a glass. I shared a photo above.
      Checked my phone. There's a gap between lens cover and the actual camera modules in all cameras from what I can see.

I think it's by design and isn't something to worry about
      Checked my phone. There's a gap between lens cover and the actual camera modules in all cameras from what I can see.

I think it's by design and isn't something to worry about

Thanks man.

Thought that would explain what looked like a reflection of light in my photos when taken at night pointed directly at a light source. Probably not this then.

Maybe a couple of firmwares later should get that solved. Love the phone so not complaining too much
      So it finally happened after raising the ticket to Samsung Redemption Team !

Screenshot_20210203-100150_Samsung Shop.jpg
      Watch is available now for redemption! Go ahead and get it fast.
      Received my retail unit at midnight 😀..
      That's what i have been waiting for!

😍😍😍

Screenshot_20210123-165525.jpg
      @zaydenQ
      S21 Ultra has 2 physical SIM slots & eSIM facility.
    Our Apps
    Get our official app!
    The best way to access XDA on your phone
    Nav Gestures
    Add swipe gestures to any Android
    One Handed Mode
    Eases uses one hand with your phone