• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

General [INDIA] Galaxy S21 Ultra news, pre-order, offers etc. discussion thread.

Search This thread

PG101

RC-RT Liaison Admin - Devil's Advocate
Staff member
Aug 12, 2008
Did your heating issues settle down yet?

Are you using any camera protection covers etc on the camera lens?
Yeah.. the heating issue is gone.. it's good..

Nothing.. no covers on the camera..

Did a reset.. all the usual troubleshooting. I think it's probably just me..

You guys use any camera app?

Nothing.. no covers on the camera..

Did a reset.. all the usual troubleshooting. I think it's probably just me..

You guys use any camera app?
I'm just using the stock camera app. Not a very avid photographer myself, plus not many photo opportunities during the lockdown. But whatever photos I've taken so far have no focusing issues. All photos are sharp in good light and also in poor light when camera is steady and the subject isn't moving. They only time I get motion artefact is when I'm shooting moving objects in poor light (eg tubelight at home at night when my daughter's jumping around). Even then, it's a regional motion blur of the moving part alone, rest of the image is in focus and sharp. But even in the worst case, it's not 5 out of 10 times. Something doesn't smell right there

srikanthuk

Jul 18, 2013
Mumbai
In my case the camera seems to work ok, the issue is when i take a photo at night pointing to a bright light source like a car's headlights or a flood light.

The light becomes a purple colour and beams of light seem to appear. I've attached the photo for reference.

Attachments

• 20210429_211841.jpg
    20210429_211841.jpg
    414.9 KB · Views: 63

sagarb

Mar 8, 2012
Absolutely off-topic but I must inform since it shook me to my bones:

I lost my own elder brother to Covid-19 just four days post detection and inspite of taking all available medical facilities he simply couldn't recover. He lived in another city.

Never ever ever take this disease lightly. Tc.
I was so sorry to hear that my sincere condolences.

Camera not as such. It's at night when I take a photo a get a purple haze and dispersion like light getting reflected off a glass. I shared a photo above.
Checked my phone. There's a gap between lens cover and the actual camera modules in all cameras from what I can see.

I think it's by design and isn't something to worry about

Attachments

• IMG-20210608-WA0002.jpg
    IMG-20210608-WA0002.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG-20210608-WA0006.jpg
    IMG-20210608-WA0006.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG-20210608-WA0004.jpg
    IMG-20210608-WA0004.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG-20210608-WA0001.jpg
    IMG-20210608-WA0001.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 44
Reactions: srikanthuk

srikanthuk

Jul 18, 2013
Mumbai
Checked my phone. There's a gap between lens cover and the actual camera modules in all cameras from what I can see.

I think it's by design and isn't something to worry about

Thanks man.

Thought that would explain what looked like a reflection of light in my photos when taken at night pointed directly at a light source. Probably not this then.

Maybe a couple of firmwares later should get that solved. Love the phone so not complaining too much

Reactions: enigmaamit

aj7400

May 25, 2013
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
As the heat is increasing in my state ( punjab)
The ambient temperatures are 40°c or over
So the s21 ultra is always throttling and i can feel that even in system ui.

Is there any way to fix it . ( i have raised the thermal throttling to +2°c in galaxy labs app)

Also is the update for june patch in India rolled out ?

PG101

RC-RT Liaison Admin - Devil's Advocate
Staff member
Aug 12, 2008
Why am I unable to record any calls.. i have ticked record all calls, but it does nothing.

As the heat is increasing in my state ( punjab)
The ambient temperatures are 40°c or over
So the s21 ultra is always throttling and i can feel that even in system ui.

Is there any way to fix it . ( i have raised the thermal throttling to +2°c in galaxy labs app)

Also is the update for june patch in India rolled out ?
Short of using a modified kernel or custom ROM with thermal safeguards re-configured, I don't know of any way to disable thermal throttling. It's a low level, protected function and difficult to modify by end-user, for obvious safety reasons. Guess you will have to wait for cooler weather :ROFLMAO: :p

No report of June update in India yet. Been checking daily.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Does everyone here have RCS working on Samsung Messages?

Mine seems to have worked for a few days after buying the phone, then stopped working sometime few months ago. Have tried everything suggested online, just can't get it to work.

Even tried default Google Messages app but it gets stuck on "Verifying your number..." And Samsung Messages displays "Registration Failed" toast notification. Basically no way to get RCS chat functional on this phone...

Am on Airtel. Carrier supports RCS, as it's working on my OnePlus 6 and the Mi 7 back-up phones, so that's not an issue.

Just wanted to ask the community - is your RCS working fine? Are you facing any issue like this?
    Just verified and it is working for me.
    Using Google messages.
    So it finally happened after raising the ticket to Samsung Redemption Team !

Screenshot_20210203-100150_Samsung Shop.jpg
    Watch is available now for redemption! Go ahead and get it fast.
    Received my retail unit at midnight 😀..
    That's what i have been waiting for!

😍😍😍

Screenshot_20210123-165525.jpg
    @zaydenQ
    S21 Ultra has 2 physical SIM slots & eSIM facility.