• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

General [INDIA] Galaxy S21 Ultra news, pre-order, offers etc. discussion thread.

Search This thread

Itsayush

Feb 19, 2019
Guys,
I bought mine(exynos) 2 weeks ago. Battery feels like average(5-6 hrs sot) and the phone heats even during charging(25w samsung adapter). Any tips would be appriciated. Im also looking for some must have apps to make the most out of the phone(like cpu monitoring apps and others). Thank you!

aj7400

May 25, 2013
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Guys,
I bought mine(exynos) 2 weeks ago. Battery feels like average(5-6 hrs sot) and the phone heats even during charging(25w samsung adapter). Any tips would be appriciated. Im also looking for some must have apps to make the most out of the phone(like cpu monitoring apps and others). Thank you!
Heating of the phone while charging is a bigger issue with samsung.
I dont know what technology they are using but it is inferior to what other manufacturers are using.

I have used oneplus in the past and with their dash charge i could easily charge my phone at 30w , but the best part was the phone did not used to heat up at all.
Even while using the phone the charger used to provide constant 25-30w..

With samsung as long as the phone is cool and screen turned off , you will be able to get 25w, but if you start using your phone or it heats up a bit, it will drop to 10w .

amitbhatt89

Nov 15, 2013
INDIA
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Heating of the phone while charging is a bigger issue with samsung.
I dont know what technology they are using but it is inferior to what other manufacturers are using.

I have used oneplus in the past and with their dash charge i could easily charge my phone at 30w , but the best part was the phone did not used to heat up at all.
Even while using the phone the charger used to provide constant 25-30w..

With samsung as long as the phone is cool and screen turned off , you will be able to get 25w, but if you start using your phone or it heats up a bit, it will drop to 10w .

Touch wood
I have no such issues
My phone can charge at super fast mode while playing asphalt 9 for long time.

aj7400

May 25, 2013
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Touch wood
I have no such issues
My phone can charge at super fast mode while playing asphalt 9 for long time.
It will show super fast , but the actual delivery of current is really slow.

I have tested it my self with the battery monitor app.

You can do that as well.
5500ma - 25w

Charging current drops down to 1600-1700 ma while you use the phone.

Alternatively you can take a note of the time while charging . Ideally it should charge 1.5% every minute at 25w.

While gaming it would charge 5% in more than 10 mins

Virgo_Guy

"AUGM" build with August sec. patch now rolling out.

Attachments

•  AUGM.jpg
    AUGM.jpg
    602.9 KB · Views: 41
Reactions: InsertDumbNick

sagarb

Mar 8, 2012
OnePlus 9 Pro
guys I'm facing eye strain problem and headache particularly when i use phone(s21 ultra) any one faced like this.
is this anything related to to Samsung screen?
also i checked multiple times if i dint use phone constantly i dint get any eye strain or headache in that particular day.
feeling so weird here

guys I'm facing eye strain problem and headache particularly when i use phone(s21 ultra) any one faced like this.
also i checked multiple times if i dint use phone constantly i dint get any eye strain or headache in that particular day.
feeling so weird here
Some people are sensitive to flickering from OLED screens, because of PWM. You can google it, it's a pretty well established problem.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.my...inks-oled-displays-bad-for-you-heres-why/?amp

Reactions: linom and sagarb

Dpk1

May 24, 2012
feeling so weird here
It can happen after prolonged use (example - hours of non stop gaming) of digital screens (smartphones, tablets, PCs etc.). If it's unusual eyestrain with nausea or giddiness then get your orthoptic evaluation done.

Reactions: sagarb

Limeybastard

Oct 3, 2013
Florida unfortunately.
Welcome back to the S21U. Hope you don't have the pink tint issues on the new one.

Just out of curiosity, what made you change your mind and buy the S21U again?

Truth be told I got bored of the note 20 ultra. Plus it wasn't as comfortable to hold on the hand as the s21u.
The pink issue isn't an issue. Originally it was color shift, but it's a bit better now. Thanks for asking.

Reactions: enigmaamit

Virgo_Guy

To have less weight and thickness than the cases, applied gadgetshieldz skin and feels like a good one. Wish it had some more grip.

The SIDE-skin(that covers the frame) wasn't properly aligned with speaker grill, charging port, volume rocker etc. Gadgetshieldz provided no support(asked for re-shipment+handling charges costing same as buying newly from the site) when requested for a replacement. So had to buy again.

Attachments

• Gadgetshieldz.jpg
    Gadgetshieldz.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 24

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Despite of not using any case, the Ultra still feels big and uncomfortable to me.

I got to check the iP13 Pro for 2 days and the small size simply feels way more comfortable without compromising on batterylife at all which is very rare or nil in the contemporary world of Android. Though I do not have other issues with the limitations of iOS, not having a native call recording app and other apps' cumbersome 3 way conference using 3rd party servers is the reason I simply cannot make it a daily driver.
    I agree with you about the easy size of the iPhone 13/Pro. The iP13ProMax is a brick but the other two sizes are damn near perfect.

The problem is that they come with iOS. I've tried to love it, but I can't stand it... No access to file system. Horrible notification management. Only plays nice with other apple products. No ownership of device: Apple still owns the phone even after you pay for it, it's basically renting a phone from them. It's beautiful hardware with locked down software, that works very very well (as long as you do as you're told to use it by Apple) 🍎. Also, there's is no 'jugaad' for everything as in Android. If apple doesn't allow it, you can't do it on your device. This can be both a strength and a weakness, depending on the user. For me, it's a big weakness.

Wish we could have the iPhone hardware and the ease of use of Android's software. But alas, that's not the world we live in.

I had an iPhone for 2 years - it worked perfectly, but bored me to death. Like a dumb trophy wife - beautiful to hold, but no good for an intelligent conversation. That boring experience make me switch over to Android once again.

So for now, I guess I have to stick with this phone. Maybe in 2 years, I'll look at things differently again.
    "AUIE" build with October sec. patch rolling out.
    Any immediate changes apparent to you?
    No bud. I generally get to see such apparent changes AFTER some1 tells first. I'm that ignorant. 😇
    Samsung health did this nice looking step count, no I wasn't counting. 😀
    Despite of not using any case, the Ultra still feels big and uncomfortable to me.

I got to check the iP13 Pro for 2 days and the small size simply feels way more comfortable without compromising on batterylife at all which is very rare or nil in the contemporary world of Android. Though I do not have other issues with the limitations of iOS, not having a native call recording app and other apps' cumbersome 3 way conference using 3rd party servers is the reason I simply cannot make it a daily driver.
    So it finally happened after raising the ticket to Samsung Redemption Team !

Screenshot_20210203-100150_Samsung Shop.jpg
    Watch is available now for redemption! Go ahead and get it fast.
    Received my retail unit at midnight 😀..
    That's what i have been waiting for!

😍😍😍

Screenshot_20210123-165525.jpg
    @zaydenQ
    S21 Ultra has 2 physical SIM slots & eSIM facility.