General [INDIA] Galaxy S21 Ultra news, pre-order, offers etc. discussion thread.

nick191

Mar 25, 2013
Vadodara
www.youtube.com
Can you try to find that link pls bro?

Thanks i didn't go with hdfc because it all works out the same. If you take hdfc cashback, you lose the extra 5k exchange bonus which is exactly 5k more than the cashify buyback price. They've designed the system such that you walk out equal one way or the other :D

Still undecided on the watch or 10k eshop coupon.
Go for Watch and sell it on OLX for 15K, you will easily sell it for above 10K for sure !

arjun2312

Mar 13, 2011
Finally Took the plunge thats my quikest phone change every bought Note 20 ULTRA in Nov 2020 and now sold it on OLX for 70k and pre booked Phantom Black 256GB Ultra with Watch offer , the store guys are saying they will delivery it on 25th Only .

Kiran-Kumar

Apr 25, 2017
Bangalore
Finally Took the plunge thats my quikest phone change every bought Note 20 ULTRA in Nov 2020 and now sold it on OLX for 70k and pre booked Phantom Black 256GB Ultra with Watch offer , the store guys are saying they will delivery it on 25th Only .
I should stop coming to this forum atleast for the next 10 days, seriously tempting me to cancel my 512GB order and go for 256 this Monday :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: nick191

nick191

Mar 25, 2013
Vadodara
www.youtube.com

Sukrith

Sep 19, 2013
Trivandrum
www.facebook.com
Anyone have any experience with the comprehensive care thingy? Is it worth it? I do drop my phone but it'll always have a case and screen guard and my last 2 "ip68" S8 and S10e had water go in and ruin the charging port and screen respectively!

nick191

Mar 25, 2013
Vadodara
www.youtube.com
Anyone have any experience with the comprehensive care thingy? Is it worth it? I do drop my phone but it'll always have a case and screen guard and my last 2 "ip68" S8 and S10e had water go in and ruin the charging port and screen respectively!
I am gonna go for 2 years comprehensive coverage! Total peace of mind. Screen replacement will cost alot for this one! Phone is heavy than your last phones so it's better if you can get it.

Last edited:

nick191

Mar 25, 2013
Vadodara
www.youtube.com
Are you planning to use the phone for so long?
ALD or Screen Damage for a year shouldn't suffice?
Last year many people broke their camera glass and since many years people break their glass back. Till now I have never have had accidental cover but due the phone weight and cost, I don't want to take chances. Also it is worldwide service. One drop and 20K+ is gone, it better to invest 8K extra! That's just my preference 1year screen cover is also good deal.

P.S you cannot buy 2 years coverage plan post 30 days getting the phone! So plan in advance.

Regarding long term usage: With every phone I am pushing myself to stay with it for longer time. Earlier I used to upgrade every year [11 months with NOTE, 1 year with S4, 1+ year with XPERIA Z2] but once I got S8+ I used to it for 1.5+ years then with OP 6T I pushed it to 2 years and now with S21 Ultra I want to stay atleast for 2 years.

After a year it feels boring and battery starts to degrade. If my S8+ wouldn't have gone mad with the battery backup I would still use it! The in hand feel of that phone is unexplainable. So sleek and curvy 😍. I just love it's design but it used to heat up alot and battery backup was only 3-4 hours SOT with my usage. Had to plug in twice daily and sometimes thrice a day! Got bored and got rid of it with 6T.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kiran-Kumar

Virgo_Guy

Sep 11, 2012
Navi Mumbai
It's better to purchase the Samsung 45W adapter and not the 25W one if the plan is to buy the future Samsung flagships as well. Samsung, going forward will not include the bricks but very likely to increase the wattage for faster charging.

The 45W brick will not do any additional damage over the 25W one to the S21 series because it cannot.

Reactions: twisted_mind

Sukrith

Sep 19, 2013
Trivandrum
www.facebook.com
It's better to purchase the Samsung 45W adapter and not the 25W one if the plan is to buy the future Samsung flagships as well. Samsung, going forward will not include the bricks but very likely to increase the wattage for faster charging.

The 45W brick will not do any additional damage over the 25W one to the S21 series because it cannot.
But higher watt chargers will lead to problems always right with battery downgrading a lot? I always charge my phones over night with a less powerful charger like the 5W one that came with my Nexus 5 or a 10W wireless charger.

nick191

Mar 25, 2013
Vadodara
www.youtube.com

Currently 45W is not as optimised as 25W, also charging always with higher wattage is not advisable AFAIK. Whenever there is a higher input power, the protection circuit needs to work continuosly to stop that power, this is implemented in newer smartphones older didn't have any of these. Also it might result in excess heat dissipation as charger is pushing 45W and phone is only allowing 25W so that 20W of power need to get dissipated somewhere! Mostly it will be in the form of heat.