General [INDIA] Galaxy S21 Ultra news, pre-order, offers etc. discussion thread.

Search This thread

Virgo_Guy

Sep 11, 2012
🧐
Google Pixel 6a
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
Too early to believe, but Samsung Opera House(Bengaluru) has started taking blind prebooking for the Galaxy S21 series already as per THIS article.

Unsurprisingly India would get the Exynos 2100 SoC in this series and I just hope it performs on par with Snapdragon 888.

2015Ducatimulti

May 3, 2010
coldwater,mi
yeah its only .100" smaller, too me that`s not a big thing for me, but the thing is it will have the LTPO display which I guess is supposed to give better contrast to black colors, also I`m not sure but i have heard talk of the fingerprint reader being 2x faster...... so well see, I`ll be ordering one in the unlocked in black the 512gb version

Reactions: droidrev71

Virgo_Guy

Sep 11, 2012
🧐
Google Pixel 6a
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
In the USA you can register for your S21 in the Samsung Shop app. Looks like you get an extra $70 store credit for registering. Can't wait to get the S21 ultra!
The thing I like about Samsung out here in India is that with perks of cashbacks & coupons(if prebooked) the pricing becomes eqivalent to the USA pricing(has been so far) ..

I'm finding the news info@ S21 series interesting too. Will get "Exynos" but highly it feels like it would be on par this time around, if not better, excluding the GPU.

Last edited:

Kiran-Kumar

Apr 25, 2017
Bangalore
I seriously hope the LTPO on the S21 series is far more superior to the one on Note 20U.
I had serious banding/green tint issues and a horrible battery drain problem due to it. The 60fps video recording also had hunting issues even with laser auto focus.
I'm back to S20U, the display feels a lot more stable and a long lasting battery.

Reactions: jonpjingleheimler

Rose4uKY

Sep 7, 2009
Louisville
yeah its only .100" smaller, too me that`s not a big thing for me, but the thing is it will have the LTPO display which I guess is supposed to give better contrast to black colors, also I`m not sure but i have heard talk of the fingerprint reader being 2x faster...... so well see, I`ll be ordering one in the unlocked in black the 512gb version

We're coming from S10+ getting the Ultra cause of the specs and my husband likes the camera features. It'll probably be to big for me but I am getting it. We won't upgrade for a while so I want the best of the bunch.

casiouser

Sep 13, 2007
Chattanooga
Do you think there will be any discounts with pricing if you don't trade in? I have a S9+ right now and am waffling back and forth between getting the S21 Ultra or getting a Note 20 Ultra ($800 thru work).

zaydenQ

Have pre-reserved for S21 series because I thought we'd get the Buds Pro and Smart tag as preorder offers alongwith the free case. That is what the leakers had said a few days back but not it seems Buds Pro won't be part of the offer. Also coupled with missing charger and possible missing SD card and extra charges for SPen, will it be worth spending so much extra to sell my Note 20 U for the S21U?

P.S. The only reason I was willing to upgrade was because my Note 20 U is getting heated up a lot + because of the Exynos 2100 finally catching up to SD.

Kiran-Kumar

Apr 25, 2017
Bangalore
Have pre-reserved for S21 series because I thought we'd get the Buds Pro and Smart tag as preorder offers alongwith the free case. That is what the leakers had said a few days back but not it seems Buds Pro won't be part of the offer. Also coupled with missing charger and possible missing SD card and extra charges for SPen, will it be worth spending so much extra to sell my Note 20 U for the S21U?

P.S. The only reason I was willing to upgrade was because my Note 20 U is getting heated up a lot + because of the Exynos 2100 finally catching up to SD.

You got the VIP pass for the next Galaxy after you pre reserved it?
In India prebooking is of no use, last time for the Note 20U the cashback and freebies were offered even to customers who did not prebook and bought the phone well after the prebook purchase window. (craze for flagships in India are at an all time low, thanks to OnePlus and Samsung themselves).
Also the Note 20U was up in the corporate program with 5% discount in a matter of few days including the 9k cashback and freebies.
I will get the S21U only during the first week of Feb.

Reactions: abhi021

Kiran-Kumar

Apr 25, 2017
Bangalore
I'm expecting the price to be around 90k for S21U 256gig, anything more than that, I might as well wait for Z flip 2/3 later in April.

zaydenQ

You got the VIP pass for the next Galaxy after you pre reserved it?
In India prebooking is of no use, last time for the Note 20U the cashback and freebies were offered even to customers who did not prebook and bought the phone well after the prebook purchase window. (craze for flagships in India are at an all time low, thanks to OnePlus and Samsung themselves).
Also the Note 20U was up in the corporate program with 5% discount in a matter of few days including the 9k cashback and freebies.
I will get the S21U only during the first week of Feb.
No I didn't get any VIP pass. Was I supposed to? If I don't like what I see tomorrow, I am going to just refund my ₹2000 and wait for Feb/March to buy it. The only thing keeping me from the flip/fold is that the camera is always a generation behind in these devices.

Virgo_Guy

Sep 11, 2012
🧐
Google Pixel 6a
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
I for one, do no find these "pre-registering"(or any other name) hulabaloos fascinating at all given that it's a Samsung flagship.

Irrespective of card/cash or other payment methods, I've been getting Samsung flagships on the very 1st day of market release buying from small retailers for a much lower price than the price quoted by bigger retailers or the biggest retailers with a fixed price or buying directly from Samsung online or offline for quite sometime now. The cost everytime turns out to be the lowest this way in comparison to the cost combined with any other CC/DC cashbacks/corporate offers/exchange offers/finance schemes etc... you name it.

Samsung tends(or "pretends" to be precise) to be strict with such retailers but being consumers all we need is a genuinely sourced product and a proper invoice. It makes sense because once we want to sell it later, the resale value will not at all differ based on which store we bought it from.

+
In my case, prebooking offers are always applicable in the first place as one or the other re-seller does pre-booking taking the required credentials after me getting bombarded with calls soon after official announcement of the flagship.

Last edited:

Kiran-Kumar

Apr 25, 2017
Bangalore
I for one, do no find these "pre-registering"(or any other name) hulabaloos fascinating at all given that it's a Samsung flagship.

Irrespective of card/cash or other payment methods, I've been getting Samsung flagships on the very 1st day of market release buying from small retailers for a much lower price than the price quoted by bigger retailers or the biggest retailers with a fixed price or buying directly from Samsung online or offline for quite sometime now. The cost everytime turns out to be the lowest this way in comparison to the cost combined with any other CC/DC cashbacks/corporate offers/exchange offers/finance schemes etc... you name it.

Samsung tends(or "pretends" to be precise) to be strict with such retailers but being consumers all we need is a genuinely sourced product and a proper invoice. It makes sense because once we want to sell it later, the resale value will not at all differ based on which store we bought it from.

+
In my case, prebooking offers are always applicable in the first place as one or the other re-seller does pre-booking taking the required credentials after me getting bombarded with calls soon after official announcement of the flagship.

Smaller retailer like non Samsung but authorized dealers like Sangeetha Mobiles, Chroma, Reliance Digital?
By how much you get a discount on the selling price, I have never tried this as I always get it from the Samsung Cafe.:(

I kinda feel awkward asking for a discount in Samsung Cafes :p

Last edited:

Virgo_Guy

Sep 11, 2012
🧐
Google Pixel 6a
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
Smaller retailer like non Samsung but authorized dealers like Sangeetha Mobiles, Croma, Reliance Digital?
By how much you get a discount on the selling price, I have never tried this as I always get it from the Samsung Cafe.:(

I kinda feel awkward asking for a discount in Samsung Cafes :p
No not those big formats, they don't as they don't need to and they can't either. Smart cafés can but they will not.

Instead, approach a few small multibrand players if you have time for it. They need flagship buyers to stay alive in the eyes of big brands for their own promotion/survival and to do so, they let go of it for extremely thin margins.

I happened to purchase two N20U units costing 90k each from two diff. sellers(when it was 1st released) - that's one example.

Last edited:

Kiran-Kumar

Apr 25, 2017
Bangalore
No not those big formats, they don't as they don't need to and they can't either. Smart cafés can but they will not.

Instead, approach a few small multibrand players if you have time for it. They need flagship buyers to stay alive in the eyes of big brands for their own promotion/survival and to do so, they let go of it for extremely thin margins.

I happened to purchase two N20U units costing 90k each from two diff. sellers(when it was 1st released) - that's one example.
Thank you...Will go out and look for such small time dealers tomorrow and establish a comfort zone before end of this month. (y)

Kiran-Kumar

Apr 25, 2017
Bangalore
No I didn't get any VIP pass. Was I supposed to? If I don't like what I see tomorrow, I am going to just refund my ₹2000 and wait for Feb/March to buy it. The only thing keeping me from the flip/fold is that the camera is always a generation behind in these devices.

Thatz true, the cameras on the flip and fold were bad.
Since we do not have a Note 21 this year, hope flip and fold are equipped with better camera system.

Virgo_Guy

Sep 11, 2012
🧐
Google Pixel 6a
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
....... I always get it from the Samsung Cafe.:(
kinda feel awkward asking for a discount in Samsung Cafes :p
AFAIK, Samsung smart cafe franchises actually get the highest profit margins for each product they sell compared to other resellers. And it's the marketing skills and subsequent illusions created by the staff that make one feel awkward to ask for a discount.... Nope? The one running the franchise CAN give big discounts, but doesn't want to. They actually ended up giving me discounts a few times in the past🤒 but then I stopped visiting them lately as altogether I don't find it worth it.

Kiran-Kumar

Apr 25, 2017
Bangalore
AFAIK, Samsung smart cafe franchises actually get the highest profit margins for each product they sell compared to other resellers. And it's the marketing skills and subsequent illusions created by the staff that make one feel awkward to ask for a discount.... Nope? The one running the franchise CAN give big discounts, but doesn't want to. They actually ended up giving me discounts a few times in the past🤒 but then I stopped visiting them lately as altogether I don't find it worth it.

I have shortlisted a few small time detailers, will visit them tomorrow...btw Amazon has already started selling S21plus/ultra cases. They also have a video which shows the phone in its entirety :LOL:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So it finally happened after raising the ticket to Samsung Redemption Team !

Screenshot_20210203-100150_Samsung Shop.jpg
    "BUKG" build now rolling out weighing at 330.59 MB.
    Watch is available now for redemption! Go ahead and get it fast.
    Received my retail unit at midnight 😀..
    One UI 4.1 is out for indian S21U