General [INDIA] Galaxy S21 Ultra news, pre-order, offers etc. discussion thread.

Search This thread

nick191

Mar 25, 2013
Vadodara
www.youtube.com
I have a huge confusion folks !!!

Please help me out!

I have ordered using Samsung Shop App and I have used only one number throughout the procedure but my mobile number wasn't registered with Samsung Shop Account! Which I did on the day of the delivery. This account wasn't new and was already existing since I had Samsung device prior to this one.

I still haven't inserted any sim to the phone to activate it and this clause are getting confusing for me.

They are mentioning 2 number, Shipping Mobile Number and Pre-book number! What if only my email was registered with Samsung Shop App and I ordered the phone. While placing the order I have mentioned the mobile number and on that number only I am receiving all the text updates. What is the pre-book number here and what if the pre-book isn't there!

Screenshot_20210127-003550__01.jpg

Screenshot_20210127-003550__02.jpg

Screenshot_20210127-003550__03.jpg

I don't want to loose out on pre-book offers, please help me with this! My further steps are going to decide my Rs.20K worth of stuff!

krkdesigns

Sep 25, 2011
Bangalore
krkdesigns.deviantart.com
Yes, I can see that "For you" tab but no option or coupon code to make the purchase!

This is the process as per the document:

Process for redemption of Samsung Shop benefit - Once you receive and activate the Device
you will have to follow the process given hereunder to redeem the Samsung Shop benefit as
under:

i. Redemption of the Samsung benefit will start from 27th January 2021 on Samsung
Shop App.

ii. Fresh enrolment/sign in to the Samsung Shop App (to be downloaded from the
Google Playstore) must be completed by 31st March 2021 failing which you will not
be eligible for the Pre-book Offers.

iii. Registration & sign in to Samsung Shop App to be done with same mobile number
used for pre-booking & activating the Device. In case any other mobile number is
used, you will not be eligible to avail the Pre-book Offers.

iv. In case you are already a Samsung Shop user, then you must pre-book & activate the
Device with the same mobile number with which you are registered in the Samsung
Shop application or else you will have to create a new Samsung Shop app account
with the number you have used for pre-booking & activating the Device.

v. Open Samsung Shop & Visit “For You” Tab to check eligibility

vi. Allow Permission to read IMEI number & Mobile Number (when asked for)

vii. OTP will be sent to the activation number being used in the IMEI.

viii. Samsung Shop App will show list of available Offers. Please select the product that you wish to redeem against the Samsung Shop benefits from the list of eligible products and add to cart.

ix. Redemption of Samsung Shop benefit can only be done only once for every phone number on or before 31st March 2021.

x. The shipping of Samsung product purchased by you will happen within 30 (thirty) days from the day of placing order for the same at Samsung Shop (i.e. Samsung e- store)

krkdesigns

Sep 25, 2011
Bangalore
krkdesigns.deviantart.com
I have a huge confusion folks !!!

Please help me out!

I have ordered using Samsung Shop App and I have used only one number throughout the procedure but my mobile number wasn't registered with Samsung Shop Account! Which I did on the day of the delivery. This account wasn't new and was already existing since I had Samsung device prior to this one.

I still haven't inserted any sim to the phone to activate it and this clause are getting confusing for me.

They are mentioning 2 number, Shipping Mobile Number and Pre-book number! What if only my email was registered with Samsung Shop App and I ordered the phone. While placing the order I have mentioned the mobile number and on that number only I am receiving all the text updates. What is the pre-book number here and what if the pre-book isn't there!

View attachment 5199813

View attachment 5199815

View attachment 5199817

I don't want to loose out on pre-book offers, please help me with this! My further steps are going to decide my Rs.20K worth of stuff!

I think the number you are recieving the updates will be the one.

Verify the same once with the customer support team.

I would also send an email asap so that it's documented for future reference.

Reactions: nick191

nick191

Mar 25, 2013
Vadodara
www.youtube.com
I think the number you are recieving the updates will be the one.

Verify the same once with the customer support team.

I would also send an email asap so that it's documented for future reference.

Okay, Thanks.

Edit: Can I consider that the number on which I was receiving login OTP for Samsung Shop App is my Pre-booking number ?

I know I am sounding really really dumb and noob but I have used years old account to order this one and didn't check all these back then !

I ordered the phone on 19th Jan and I have received the OTP to login to Samsung Shop App of 17th Jan! [I checked it in msg app]

The root of the confusion is when I logged into my Samsung Shop Account in my S21 Ultra it didn't recognise my mobile number and I had to sign-in using e-mail address, then I was directed to enter the mobile number! It is very strange and that's why I am having this confusion!!!

Edit 2: When I am logging in using my phone number I am not seeing anything in the order tab but when I login using the email address I am able to see my order of S21U in order tab! Even if I login to my Samsung Account I am able to see my order of S21U ! Now it's really messed up!

Last edited:

Kiran-Kumar

Apr 25, 2017
Bangalore
I'm also in a kinda messed up situation,
There was an offline booking taken with my new number, but with Samsung account email id linked to a different number(primary mobile number).

But I have kept it simple, I feel its all about the mobile number and the device(IMEI), not the email.
I just inserted the new number into SIM1 slot, activated the device and logged into Samsung Shop using the OTP option on the same number.
I also inserted my primary number into SIM2 slot.

Fingers crossed.

This is what my for you tab shows...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210127-061549_Samsung Shop.jpg
    Screenshot_20210127-061549_Samsung Shop.jpg
    172 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:

twisted_mind

Apr 27, 2005
Mumbai, India
Close to 48 hours now on the ultra. Getting pretty awesome battery uptime and SOT even after restoring via smartswitch. Absolutely perfect.
Clocked 5hrs 49mins at 49% yesterday. WQHD+ and Adaptive refresh rate. Eye Comfort Shield active all day.

Reactions: Kiran-Kumar

Kiran-Kumar

Apr 25, 2017
Bangalore
Close to 48 hours now on the ultra. Getting pretty awesome battery uptime and SOT even after restoring via smartswitch. Absolutely perfect.
Clocked 5hrs 49mins at 49% yesterday. WQHD+ and Adaptive refresh rate. Eye Comfort Shield active all day.
Whatz the brighness level you are at and the eye comfort shield always on or adaptive?
With power saving mode on it should fetch you even more.

twisted_mind

Apr 27, 2005
Mumbai, India
Whatz the brighness level you are at and the eye comfort shield always on or adaptive?
With power saving mode on it should fetch you even more.

My bad eye Comfort is adaptive as I want it to function like true tone on ios where it's always working. Instead of just the blue light filter I used to use from sunset to sunrise until the S20.

Brightness is auto.

No power saving whatsoever. I want to enjoy the phone rather than be chained to insecurity. I've been through all that ocd lol 😂

Kiran-Kumar

Apr 25, 2017
Bangalore
Samsung has refused my cancellation of the 512GB order....They say they will ship it and you refuse the delivery.
What nonsense I'm now tempted to keep the 512GB and sell 256 :cry:

• Wow
Reactions: twisted_mind

kannanX10

May 6, 2010
Coimbatore-TN
I'm also in a kinda messed up situation,
There was an offline booking taken with my new number, but with Samsung account email id linked to a different number(primary mobile number).

But I have kept it simple, I feel its all about the mobile number and the device(IMEI), not the email.
I just inserted the new number into SIM1 slot, activated the device and logged into Samsung Shop using the OTP option on the same number.
I also inserted my primary number into SIM2 slot.

Fingers crossed.

This is what my for you tab shows...
if u have used the same no for offline prebooking and activation,then definitely you will receive prebook offers,nothing to worry------only the number matters

Top Liked Posts