Question [INDIA] Galaxy S22 Ultra news + discussion thread.

Search This thread

anmolkakkar

Apr 23, 2012
Delhi
Does anyone who has a jio sim confirm whether they are able to make calls without wifi? I have this really weird problem when i am not on wifi calling and i call someone...the screen shows HD for a second and that icon disappears ..and all i hear is static sound...i am completely audible on the other end but I can't hear them as i just hear loud static sound. There is nothing wrong with my sim as i just used it on pixel 5a and i could call without issues.

VoLTE is enabled and shows up but i am just not able to call anyone without wifi. I can recieve calls and hear them okay..just can't call anyone.

I hope it's something to do with my software and a reset might fix it..settings look fine though.
+1. I am frustrated because of this issue. I was in a hospital today and had a medical emergency. I needed this phone to work but Jio VoLTE kept failing on me and this is the exact issue I kept facing. This is not the first time I faced it thinking it might be a one off issue due to fluctuating network coverage when I would come out of Wifi, but this has happened to me like 10+ times now on VoLTE.

VoWifi works fine. Jio VoLTE is A PAIN! :(

PS: I don't see any "Carrier Services" app update in my Play Store. Did you do anything for that to show in your Play Store?

UPDATE: I forced close this app in the apps section and cleared all data. It showed up in Play Store then. Updated it to the latest. Will wait to see if it indeed fixed this issue as you are saying. :fingers-crossed:

Reactions: lycan_codex

lycan_codex

Apr 6, 2010
Bangalore
+1. I am frustrated because of this issue. I was in a hospital today and had a medical emergency. I needed this phone to work but Jio VoLTE kept failing on me and this is the exact issue I kept facing. This is not the first time I faced it thinking it might be a one off issue due to fluctuating network coverage when I would come out of Wifi, but this has happened to me like 10+ times now on VoLTE.

VoWifi works fine. Jio VoLTE is A PAIN! :(

PS: I don't see any "Carrier Services" app update in my Play Store. Did you do anything for that to show in your Play Store?

UPDATE: I forced close this app in the apps section and cleared all data. It showed up in Play Store then. Updated it to the latest. Will wait to see if it indeed fixed this issue as you are saying. :fingers-crosse
I think the updated carrier services fixed it. It still wasn't working properly till the last update. The quick fix if the issue persists would be to turn on speaker and off and you will be able to hear them properly while you are out without wifi. That is what I used to do earlier. I have now joined the beta program of carrier services and it seems to be working fine. Looks like a software bug.

Reactions: anmolkakkar

anmolkakkar

Apr 23, 2012
Delhi
I think the updated carrier services fixed it. It still wasn't working properly till the last update. The quick fix if the issue persists would be to turn on speaker and off and you will be able to hear them properly while you are out without wifi. That is what I used to do earlier. I have now joined the beta program of carrier services and it seems to be working fine. Looks like a software bug.
What's the version of this app for you after updating?
Mine shows "Version 98.0.447471168-carrierservices_20220509_RC00" and its from 10th May 22.

I'll keep in mind that tweak just in case this continues to happen. Thanks for sharing.

lycan_codex

Apr 6, 2010
Bangalore
What's the version of this app for you after updating?
Mine shows "Version 98.0.447471168-carrierservices_20220509_RC00" and its from 10th May 22.

I'll keep in mind that tweak just in case this continues to happen. Thanks for sharing.

Since i am running on the beta program, my version is a lil higher. Version 105.0.448961199-carrierservices_20220516_RC00

Can you help explain how to apply exactly, especially for the fingerprint. Tried a couple of them locally but FP never worked.
While doing the UV treatment, I first only moved it on the edges of the screen and made sure that glue is healed properly. Only then I kept my thumb properly covered on the fingerprint area and completed the process on the whole screen. Then deleted and added new prints again and done.

linom

Aug 19, 2013
India
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
While doing the UV treatment, I first only moved it on the edges of the screen and made sure that glue is healed properly. Only then I kept my thumb properly covered on the fingerprint area and completed the process on the whole screen. Then deleted and added new prints again and done.
Just so I am clear:

Step 1: Apply the glue and then cover it with the glass
Step 2: Let the glue spread naturally
Step 3: Apply UV light on the edges of the screen
Step 4: Apply UV across the screen once
Step 5: Press the thumb on the FP sensor
Step 6: Apply UV again on the FP sensor.

Is this correct?

Just so I am clear:

Step 1: Apply the glue and then cover it with the glass
Step 2: Let the glue spread naturally
Step 3: Apply UV light on the edges of the screen
Step 4: Apply UV across the screen once
Step 5: Press the thumb on the FP sensor
Step 6: Apply UV again on the FP sensor.

Is this correct?
Step 4 is wrong. Once you apply uv on the edges, you make sure the glue on the edges have dried out so that you can then put your thumb on the fp scanner. After holding on the scanner, you can use the uv light to finish the process completely but make sure not to lift your finger from the scanner with the uv light on.

Reactions: linom

linom

Aug 19, 2013
India
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
Step 4 is wrong. Once you apply uv on the edges, you make sure the glue on the edges have dried out so that you can then put your thumb on the fp scanner. After holding on the scanner, you can use the uv light to finish the process completely but make sure not to lift your finger from the scanner with the uv light on.
Got it, so I have to keep the thumb pressed while curing with UV.

Thanks. I'll order this right away.

Reactions: djrichard05

akshay780

Apr 4, 2022
already 7 days passed still geting device not eligible error ..in first try they gave error device not activated then next day i started getting error device not eligible should i count 7 days from day 1 or from day 2 when i recieved not eligible error

sandy.parulekar

Apr 17, 2014
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
What about Glue Quality ?
Bought a tempered glass of amazon. If anyone wants here is the link

True Desire Tempered Glass for Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra Advanced Border-Less Full Edge to Edge UV Screen Protector (with Installation kit) https://www.amazon.in/dp/B09SRCQ7LG/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_i_C034Q8HH6433FCZFFVFF?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Fingerprint works but make sure to cover it while doing the UV treatment. Plus using it with the spigen thin fit. Works well and quality is really good.What

ajai_dev

Sep 14, 2012
I am constantly getting a SOT of 4-5hrs with heavy calling "Jio VoLTE", Smart Launcher, Instagram, Youtube, WiFi On, 120hz, QHD+ and the phone gets hot while doing anything intensive. Also using a Galaxy watch and SensAiry tyre sensor both of which are active 24/7.

I have just switched on "suspend execution for cached apps" lets see what it does on the other hand its been a month with the phone. Is this figure for SOT a good enough number and what are you all getting?

lycan_codex

Apr 6, 2010
Bangalore
I am constantly getting a SOT of 4-5hrs with heavy calling "Jio VoLTE", Smart Launcher, Instagram, Youtube, WiFi On, 120hz, QHD+ and the phone gets hot while doing anything intensive. Also using a Galaxy watch and SensAiry tyre sensor both of which are active 24/7.

I have just switched on "suspend execution for cached apps" lets see what it does on the other hand its been a month with the phone. Is this figure for SOT a good enough number and what are you all getting?
Based on your usage at 120 Hz + QHD, this is normal. Suspend execution for cached apps is only going to increase the idle standby time.

bat0nas

Feb 23, 2009
Vilnius
UPDATE: Please ignore my post. Problem solved by replacing the charger and cable.

---
Hi,
How long doest it take to slow charge S22 Ultra?

I disable Fast and Super fast charging with Bixby Routines and in 6 hours it charges only 40% (from 30 to 70). No problem with same charger and Fast charging enabled.

Do you get 100% with slow charging overnight?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    How do you check wake locks?
    It is also showing in battery and device care section
    Anyone got the June update?
    It was released only on the middle east. Expecting it here sometime next week.
    I guess we should not expect a huawei level epic battery life from Samsung or Oneplus. so its better that we lower our expectations :)
    Can't keep accepting lower batterylife than the predecessor every time a successor comes up right? Cheers.
    S908EXXU2AVF1 / S908EOXM2AVF1 / S908EXXU2AVF1
    Size: 1713.36 MB

Just got this update.

Screenshot_20220614-100537_Software update.jpg
    'repaired apps' - how? you mean the optimization that happens after clearing cache from recovery?
    There is a 'Repair Apps' option in recovery and this initiates optimization during booting process.
    Such a nice box..
    Finally wife’s box delivered. Cashify app started working magically. Blue dart guy happened to be in the complex carrying her order in his bag. Phew soooo much tension Samsung 🤬🤬🤬🤬
    Guys enable "suspend execution for cached apps" in the developer settings. It increased my battery life by at least 20-25% and decreased idle battery drain immensely.
    Finally received. Got buds also.

Wife’s ultra was taken back as the Cashify Diagnose app just wouldn’t work on her S20. So she’s out of luck now. Will likely take refund and buy offline unless Samsung works some magic with Blue Dart and makes them do her pickup. 😔