Question [INDIA] Galaxy S22 Ultra news + discussion thread.

Search This thread

dr.ketan

Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Wouldn't we get the whole firmware like last year? as long as the model no. is S908E and the CSC is under OXM, we should be able to flash it just fine.
We never get full firmware on Beta
We can flash beta update file update.zip when Samsung release it for any country under OXM and one of user capture link for update.zip and share with us. But for OXM, mostly we india got it first since few years. In that case you can get beta directly by just rgesteing on Samsung Member app.
By the way you were saying about South Korea, they have snapdragon but not S908E, they do have S908N

P-KAY 2323

Sep 2, 2014
Pune
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
We never get full firmware on Beta
We can flash beta update file update.zip when Samsung release it for any country under OXM and one of user capture link for update.zip and share with us. But for OXM, mostly we india got it first since few years. In that case you can get beta directly by just rgesteing on Samsung Member app.
I never got it last year. The popup in members app. I just downloaded the update files and updated them. I must be mistaking the process with my monthly firmware downloading and flashing.

dr.ketan

Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
I never got it last year. The popup. I just downloaded the update files and updated them. I must be mistaking the process with my monthly firmware downloading and flashing.
Yes, you can flash it like last year but when released in OXM (S908E), not South Korea (S908N)

antisocialbratt

Nov 12, 2012
India usually follow soon after Europe. Germany got it today so its just a matter of time. Tomorrow or Sunday most probably it will come for India.

DaOldMan

Oct 6, 2010
We are waiting for the India release as well as it's the only country where a SM-S908E rom will be used. It should have OXM. Lets hope they will release it soon :) .

Reactions: AhmedMomen

AhmedMomen

Dec 25, 2016
Samsung Galaxy S20
I'm waiting patiently here too.

My country used to get the exynos SM-XXXXB model every year and i used to flash the beta with update.zip files every time as it came out,

But this time we got the new E snapdragon model here in the middle east.

Samsung released the beta in India every year for the past few years if i'm not mistaken. But India didn't use to have a different model number. It used to be the same as germany and other european countries.

However, let's hope they follow the same pattern as before.

DaOldMan

Oct 6, 2010
I'm waiting patiently here too.

My country used to get the exynos SM-XXXXB model every year and i used to flash the beta with update.zip files every time as it came out,

But this time we got the new E snapdragon model here in the middle east.

Samsung released the beta in India every year for the past few years if i'm not mistaken. But India didn't use to have a different model number. It used to be the same as germany and other european countries.

However, let's hope they follow the same pattern as before.
India will receive the beta per this article and they have the Snapdragon "E" model :) :

AhmedMomen

Dec 25, 2016
Samsung Galaxy S20
India will receive the beta per this article and they have the Snapdragon "E" model :) :

If that's the case then that's great to hear!

I was afraid they might not drop the beta for India because it has a separate model number and it would need to be worked on and updated separately and stuff.

Fingers crossed we get it within this week. And hopefully someone is there to post grab the update.zip files

DaOldMan

Oct 6, 2010
If that's the case then that's great to hear!

I was afraid they might not drop the beta for India because it has a separate model number and it would need to be worked on and updated separately and stuff.

Fingers crossed we get it within this week. And hopefully someone is there to post grab the update.zip files
My guess is it would be exceptionaly stupid NOT to beta test the Snapdragon version. So I am sure we will also get the beta files :) .

Reactions: AhmedMomen

TheQuarterMile

Apr 29, 2011
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
Are there any Fast Wireless Chargers available other than the ones from Samsung?

I tried the RAEGR Arc 400 (15W) which is the top rated one available on amazon with decent reviews and when I connect the phone it shows fast wireless charging and a second later get a notification saying Fast Wireless charging not supported.

DaOldMan

Oct 6, 2010
Do you guys at least have the possibility to sign up for the beta in the members app :) ?

reddead66

Feb 10, 2011
I bought the spigen tempered glass and followed all the steps...as per some reviews added additional weight to make sure fp sensor works properly...
Good news: fp sensor is perfect

Bad news: i have a light halo effect where i placed the additional weight (it was only 40gms)

Any idea if i can fix it somehow?

Attachments

• IMG_20220809_202057.jpg
    IMG_20220809_202057.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 72

Top Liked Posts

My air command keeps stopping when I pull the pen out. Happening to anyone else?
    Did you try to delete data of the air command system app?
    Did you try to delete data of the air command system app?
    Sometimes the solution is pretty simple, thanks 😅
    {Mod edit: Quoted post has been deleted}
    what do you mean?
    I have a Tata, using wired connection. Changed mutiple cables. Are you on 13 Beta or 12?
    I haven't tried it after getting on to the 13 beta. Had last used it before the upgrade and it worked fine.
    Happy to report that after the latest AVH9 update the camera processing has improved. Now the photos clicked indoors appear more pleasing with better processing of details on human subjects/faces. No more smearing noticed on pixel peeping. There is, of course some grain in lowlight photos, like grainy night sky, which could be improved in future. Now, the camera performance matches that of previous Samsung flagship smartphones (and the MI 11 ultra) 😊!........
    Agreed.

I'll add this :
    The 100x zoom is still not on par with S21 Ultra, i.e. a little less sharp.
    So, after 4 months of waiting for camera improvements through software updates, I am of opinion that Camera (mainly software processing) on the S22 ultra is subpar. Even S21 ultra and Note20 ultra appear to have better results especially when photographing people. This new samsung processing (perhaps owing to snapdragon chip, not sure) seems very aggressive, oversharpening everything, resulting in artifacts especially over faces even in broad daylight (when pixel peeping). Some people may like it, but I hate this new samsung camera approach. Using ported Gcam produces much better pics indoors, but they're outright bad at night. Overall, not pleased with S22 ultra and hence switched back to a year old Xiaomi mi11 ultra last week! Software/UI may not be as polished and reliable as Samsung's but can do with that (and lack of the lack S pen) as long as the camera performance is excellent (beats the S22 ultra camera by far imo)! Never thought I'd go back to Xiaomi after getting the latest and greatest from Samsung (which will sit idle in my drawer for now)!
    Happy to report that after the latest AVH9 update the camera processing has improved. Now the photos clicked indoors appear more pleasing with better processing of details on human subjects/faces. No more smearing noticed on pixel peeping. There is, of course some grain in lowlight photos, like grainy night sky, which could be improved in future. Now, the camera performance matches that of previous Samsung flagship smartphones (and the MI 11 ultra) 😊! Switched back to my S22 ultra and also bought a new one (512 gb s22 ultra) for wife. BTW I don't like the flip and fold (current iterations) mainly because of the crease.
    Such a nice box..
    Finally wife’s box delivered. Cashify app started working magically. Blue dart guy happened to be in the complex carrying her order in his bag. Phew soooo much tension Samsung 🤬🤬🤬🤬
    Guys enable "suspend execution for cached apps" in the developer settings. It increased my battery life by at least 20-25% and decreased idle battery drain immensely.
    Finally received. Got buds also.

Wife’s ultra was taken back as the Cashify Diagnose app just wouldn’t work on her S20. So she’s out of luck now. Will likely take refund and buy offline unless Samsung works some magic with Blue Dart and makes them do her pickup. 😔