Question [INDIA] Galaxy S22 Ultra news + discussion thread.

Search This thread

DaOldMan

Oct 6, 2010
I bought the spigen tempered glass and followed all the steps...as per some reviews added additional weight to make sure fp sensor works properly...
Good news: fp sensor is perfect

Bad news: i have a light halo effect where i placed the additional weight (it was only 40gms)

Any idea if i can fix it somehow?
You used a HUGE weight mate, did you ever see what you are supposed to use :-( ? It should be the size of the finger print icon ....
I think all you can do is remove the potector and use another one. Or live with it. Instead of weight you can press lightly on the fp area with a finger. But I am not sure it's even necessary. Sorry.

Reactions: reddead66

sandy.parulekar

Apr 17, 2014
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
I bought the spigen tempered glass and followed all the steps...as per some reviews added additional weight to make sure fp sensor works properly...
Good news: fp sensor is perfect

Bad news: i have a light halo effect where i placed the additional weight (it was only 40gms)

Any idea if i can fix it somehow?
I have faced the same issue on my s21 ultra last year, sadly there is no fix for this.

Reactions: reddead66

Rapier

Recognized Contributor
what is the price of the Samsung Official leather case?
and which is better Samsung leather case or Samsung Silicon Case?
Neither. Buy a good aramid case...
20220801_184346.jpg

20220812_204616.jpg

Last edited:

Rapier

Recognized Contributor
Where did you get this case from?
Local retailer, about 48 EUR. There are lots of them online, all made in China. Are available for cheap on AliExpress too but I ordered one and they said package was delivered but I received nothing. So I won't order again from there. EDIT: it actually arrived but at the local post office instead not dirrectly to me. All good

You can search online for "brand" cases like Pitaka or Latercase but those are made in China too so it is probably just a waste of money if you find a cheaper source. Aramid is the same, maybe some use the common 1500D and other the more expensive 600D (like the Pitaka Air series or some Latercase) but other than that is...marketing.

Last edited:
Reactions: sandy.parulekar

antisocialbratt

Nov 12, 2012
Local retailer, about 48 EUR. There are lots of them online, all made in China. Are available for cheap on AliExpress too but I ordered one and they said package was delivered but I received nothing. So I won't order again from there.

You can search online for "brand" cases like Pitaka or Latercase but those are made in China too so it is probably just a waste of money if you find a cheaper source. Aramid is the same, maybe some use the common 1500D and other the more expensive 600D (like the Pitaka Air series) but other than that is...matketing.
Aliexpress is no go for India. Sadly that website is banned here.

Reactions: Rapier

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So, after 4 months of waiting for camera improvements through software updates, I am of opinion that Camera (mainly software processing) on the S22 ultra is subpar. Even S21 ultra and Note20 ultra appear to have better results especially when photographing people. This new samsung processing (perhaps owing to snapdragon chip, not sure) seems very aggressive, oversharpening everything, resulting in artifacts especially over faces even in broad daylight (when pixel peeping). Some people may like it, but I hate this new samsung camera approach. Using ported Gcam produces much better pics indoors, but they're outright bad at night. Overall, not pleased with S22 ultra and hence switched back to a year old Xiaomi mi11 ultra last week! Software/UI may not be as polished and reliable as Samsung's but can do with that (and lack of the lack S pen) as long as the camera performance is excellent (beats the S22 ultra camera by far imo)! Never thought I'd go back to Xiaomi after getting the latest and greatest from Samsung (which will sit idle in my drawer for now)!
    Happy to report that after the latest AVH9 update the camera processing has improved. Now the photos clicked indoors appear more pleasing with better processing of details on human subjects/faces. No more smearing noticed on pixel peeping. There is, of course some grain in lowlight photos, like grainy night sky, which could be improved in future. Now, the camera performance matches that of previous Samsung flagship smartphones (and the MI 11 ultra) 😊! Switched back to my S22 ultra and also bought a new one (512 gb s22 ultra) for wife. BTW I don't like the flip and fold (current iterations) mainly because of the crease.
    Happy to report that after the latest AVH9 update the camera processing has improved. Now the photos clicked indoors appear more pleasing with better processing of details on human subjects/faces. No more smearing noticed on pixel peeping. There is, of course some grain in lowlight photos, like grainy night sky, which could be improved in future. Now, the camera performance matches that of previous Samsung flagship smartphones (and the MI 11 ultra) 😊!........
    Agreed.

I'll add this :
    The 100x zoom is still not on par with S21 Ultra, i.e. a little less sharp.
    I have a Tata, using wired connection. Changed mutiple cables. Are you on 13 Beta or 12?
    I haven't tried it after getting on to the 13 beta. Had last used it before the upgrade and it worked fine.
    Beta 3 is out now
    {Mod edit: Quoted post has been deleted}
    what do you mean?
    Such a nice box..
    Finally wife’s box delivered. Cashify app started working magically. Blue dart guy happened to be in the complex carrying her order in his bag. Phew soooo much tension Samsung 🤬🤬🤬🤬
    Guys enable "suspend execution for cached apps" in the developer settings. It increased my battery life by at least 20-25% and decreased idle battery drain immensely.
    Finally received. Got buds also.

Wife’s ultra was taken back as the Cashify Diagnose app just wouldn’t work on her S20. So she’s out of luck now. Will likely take refund and buy offline unless Samsung works some magic with Blue Dart and makes them do her pickup. 😔