Question [INDIA] Galaxy S22 Ultra news + discussion thread.

Search This thread

lycan_codex

Apr 6, 2010
Bangalore
Yes, ADLD.

I'm actually confused about the toughness of the display, especially after getting to know some web reports of it and my own experience with older models that survived.
That is great that you have got ADLD. It's the curved screen that's making it vulnerable. I was irritated with not getting a proper tempered glass...and none of the cases offer proper side protection from the front. Glad this tempered glass thing worked out. Check it. Please use a small paper weight that can cover the FP sensor area during the installation procedure. Check that YouTube link. I am planning to order Otterbox case from Amazon.com.

Virgo_Guy

Sep 11, 2012
🧐
Google Pixel 6a
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
That is great that you have got ADLD. It's the curved screen that's making it vulnerable. I was irritated with not getting a proper tempered glass...and none of the cases offer proper side protection from the front. Glad this tempered glass thing worked out. Check it. Please use a small paper weight that can cover the FP sensor area during the installation procedure. Check that YouTube link. I am planning to order Otterbox case from Amazon.com.
Samsung technicians never pay attention to precision. Had pretty bad experiences with them a few times. Counting from forgetting to fit vital screws to damaging parts is a regular activity by them. Service centers from OnePlus get the repairing done in front of customers - that's how their cabins are designed as my my experience. For Samsung it's the complete opposite.

Have crystal paper weights with flat bottom, should suffice.

lycan_codex

Apr 6, 2010
Bangalore
yes i have used this for s21 ultra
That's strange. I am not sure about the long term affects. But i have it since last weekend and i don't see any visible marks around the FP scanner. I am very happy with this as it's been a very long time since i have a proper tempered glass on a flagship Samsung phone. It is simply awesome. I have also ordered AmFilm tempered glass (from US) through a friend.

Reactions: sandy.parulekar

Dpk1

May 24, 2012
Samsung technicians never pay attention to precision. Had pretty bad experiences with them a few times. Counting from forgetting to fit vital screws to damaging parts is a regular activity by them. Service centers from OnePlus get the repairing done in front of customers - that's how their cabins are designed as my my experience. For Samsung it's the complete opposite.
Agree 100% about Samsung service.

Reactions: Virgo_Guy

lycan_codex

Apr 6, 2010
Bangalore

Have crystal paper weights with flat bottom, should suffice.
Either Apple should offer more customisation or other android manufacturers like Google should offer a better phone. Right now...i am guessing all of us r here for the same reason...we don't have any other option than to get a samsung flagship phone.

Virgo_Guy

Sep 11, 2012
🧐
Google Pixel 6a
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
Update:
Instead of taking the ADLD route, I decided to personally visit service center because of old learnt lessons (nothing to do with ADLD, but a good sum of repair cost should be compensated "corporate way" via a family member).

Visited service center's manager is known to me and what I discovered is, the concerned SC does not have an important tool - the automatic back panel separator machine that removes the back panel automatically using heat. It's required to remove the panel with precision, also helps greatly to keep the ingress protection intact despite of a repair which is otherwise "hurt"(despite of using adhesive while assembling it after a repair) if removed manually with hand tools(like using the phone's metal frame as a support/lever using any hand tool to detach the back glass panel, thus getting micro-misaligned here and there). This info is never told to any customer. And after a repair, if the device is damaged due to water going in someday, it's not honored officially anyways because liquid damage is not covered under warranty.

To my surprise, none of the service centers I am capable of visit to, has this machine(enquired through the known service center manager himself) because,
1. S22 Ultra is relatively a "new device".
2. Service centers need to separately buy it from Samsung itself.
and the one that's available for S21 Ultra and some other phones is incompatible(he took me inside the service center and showed it). But most of these service centers are removing the back panel of S22U manually that the customers aren't aware of(as I said before, this info is never given to a customer seeking service) and also customers are satisfied too because "everything is working as intended".........until one day they discover water somehow went in "unknowingly" even under the slightest rain and damaged the phone. Win Win for service centers.

Time and effort put - not worth it, but I'll wait and see.

Virgo_Guy

Sep 11, 2012
🧐
Google Pixel 6a
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
"AVE4" build weighing at 356.38 MB rolling out.

Attachments

• AVE4.jpg
    AVE4.jpg
    784 KB · Views: 71

Virgo_Guy

Sep 11, 2012
🧐
Google Pixel 6a
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
Update:
Instead of taking the ADLD route, I decided to personally visit service center because of old learnt lessons (nothing to do with ADLD, but a good sum of repair cost should be compensated "corporate way" via a family member).

Visited service center's manager is known to me and what I discovered is, the concerned SC does not have an important tool - the automatic back panel separator machine that removes the back panel automatically using heat. It's required to remove the panel with precision, also helps greatly to keep the ingress protection intact despite of a repair which is otherwise "hurt"(despite of using adhesive while assembling it after a repair) if removed manually with hand tools(like using the phone's metal frame as a support/lever using any hand tool to detach the back glass panel, thus getting micro-misaligned here and there). This info is never told to any customer. And after a repair, if the device is damaged due to water going in someday, it's not honored officially anyways because liquid damage is not covered under warranty.

To my surprise, none of the service centers I am capable of visit to, has this machine(enquired through the known service center manager himself) because,
1. S22 Ultra is relatively a "new device".
2. Service centers need to separately buy it from Samsung itself.
and the one that's available for S21 Ultra and some other phones is incompatible(he took me inside the service center and showed it). But most of these service centers are removing the back panel of S22U manually that the customers aren't aware of(as I said before, this info is never given to a customer seeking service) and also customers are satisfied too because "everything is working as intended".........until one day they discover water somehow went in "unknowingly" even under the slightest rain and damaged the phone. Win Win for service centers.

Time and effort put - not worth it, but I'll wait and see.
Update 2:
Emailing to service head and calls to area service manager yielded no valuable result.

Took the incident to AGM level, got escalated quickly , visited a service center as informed over call, center manager showed the back panel removal machine, took the phone and showed it's compatible . Call logged, job sheet created, part ordered, didn't submit phone. Will get the panel replaced when they receive it.

newuxtreme

May 4, 2013
Guys I'm in Canada and trying to get a rootable version of the S22 Ultra.

I can get this version ( SM-S908EZKHINU ) 512 GB variant or ‎SM-S908EZKGINU (256 GB version) from Amazon India, would this be :

1) Rootable?
2) Work on Carriers like Fido here in Canada?

Thanks for any and all help, I hate how complicated phones and rooting have now become apparently!

Virgo_Guy

Sep 11, 2012
🧐
Google Pixel 6a
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
Either Apple should offer more customisation or other android manufacturers like Google should offer a better phone. Right now...i am guessing all of us r here for the same reason...we don't have any other option than to get a samsung flagship phone.
Considering Google's decision of disabling accessibility APIs banning call recorder apps to not work anymore, Samsung may too stop providing inbuilt call recording feature in future to follow suit, though Google's decision has got nothing to do with other manufacturers' inbuilt call recording feature that gets bundled with the phone.

If Samsung takes up this decision, an iPhone would be my primary driver instead of 2ndary. I don't really care about customisation, can adjust with the "quirks", have the ecosystem and it works well.

With no call recording in future+never ending bugs+poor after sales service, Pixel is not an option for me though I really like nice, clean Vanilla Android.

Last edited:
Reactions: dj24

lycan_codex

Apr 6, 2010
Bangalore
Considering Google's decision of disabling accessibility APIs banning call recorder apps to not work anymore, Samsung may too stop providing inbuilt call recording feature in future to follow suit, though Google's decision has got nothing to do with other manufacturers' inbuilt call recording feature that gets bundled with the phone.

If Samsung takes up this decision, an iPhone would be my primary driver instead of 2ndary. I don't really care about customisation, can adjust with the "quirks", have the ecosystem and it works well.

With no call recording in future+never ending bugs+poor after sales service, Pixel is not an option for me though I really like nice, clean Vanilla Android.
I am also considering switching to Apple for a few years until Qualcomm and Samsung come up with efficient processors like Apple. I am going on a photography trip to Kashmir next month and will throughly test out expert RAW and S22 Ultra imaging capabilities. From what i hear, Expert RAW is actually a game changer. And if Apple brings in better changes in iOS 16 and new camera system. I will switch to an iPhone as well.

akshay780

Apr 4, 2022
i have one query i bought s22 ultra from amazon.in will i get watch 4 offer? and samsung smart club benefits?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Finally wife’s box delivered. Cashify app started working magically. Blue dart guy happened to be in the complex carrying her order in his bag. Phew soooo much tension Samsung 🤬🤬🤬🤬
    Such a nice box..
    Guys enable "suspend execution for cached apps" in the developer settings. It increased my battery life by at least 20-25% and decreased idle battery drain immensely.
    Finally received. Got buds also.

Wife’s ultra was taken back as the Cashify Diagnose app just wouldn’t work on her S20. So she’s out of luck now. Will likely take refund and buy offline unless Samsung works some magic with Blue Dart and makes them do her pickup. 😔