indication of battery damage and battery life

Search This thread

amdultra

Jan 8, 2012
sometimes battery percentage always stuck at one point for example at 65% or 85% and not moving when charging(phone on) if i restart it and suddenly it goes up to 99% is that from rom or need battery calibrated? or does my battery is damaged?

how long your battery last when playing 3D game or wifi browsing on airplane mode and every radio turned off + brightness on 5%?

already undervolt at minimum in dodova kernel with max speed at 1.2 ghz but the phone still get warm when playing 3D game near the camera,if i underclock it at 1ghz or maybe 800mhz will it save significant battery and reduce heat?

vishaltejwani

Dec 19, 2010
Kolkata
sometimes battery percentage always stuck at one point for example at 65% or 85% and not moving when charging(phone on) if i restart it and suddenly it goes up to 99% is that from rom or need battery calibrated? or does my battery is damaged?

how long your battery last when playing 3D game or wifi browsing on airplane mode and every radio turned off + brightness on 5%?

already undervolt at minimum in dodova kernel with max speed at 1.2 ghz but the phone still get warm when playing 3D game near the camera,if i underclock it at 1ghz or maybe 800mhz will it save significant battery and reduce heat?

Dude, first of all, I'd suggest to stay away from under volting anything as it severely affects performance and life span of the hardware. It needs a lot of testing to get it correct, else it simply damages the hardware. Yes you may get more battery life but it wouldn't be a huge difference as per stock.

As per your first problem, simply calibrate your battery using battery calibrator from the market. Do this with defaults volt values.
As for 3d games, yes mine too gets hot but that is due to the gpu as well, so underclocking only the cpu won't help. And if you underclock both of them, then it will affect gameplay.
My phone lasts for at least four hours with mobile network on, but that is because I am using a 3460mah battery, not the default one.

amdultra

Jan 8, 2012
thank you for answering

i just want to play 3D game above 2 hour more i will calibrate my battery and trying to underclock than undervolt it to 1 ghz , on 1.2 ghz is still play gta 3 all max with smooth framerate