Infiniti/Nissan bluetooth problems with Tilt/8925/Kaiser

Search This thread

marsb007

Jun 18, 2006
Apparently there is a known issue with the Microsoft bluetooth stack which makes it virtually useless to use this phone with Infiniti/Nissan vehicles.

I own a G37, and when I connect the Tilt, everything connects but the quality is sooooo poor that it sounds as if I have the phone in the house and the car is 100 ft away (crackling sound, and no one on the other end can hear me).

I have tried several of the roms here, including the official ones, and no luck thus far. I have tried playing around with the bitpool settings and once again no luck.

Anyone have any suggestions? Is there any way of replacing the Microsoft stack implementation from the Kaiser with the one from the Hermes? That one works perfectly with my car...

sgreenwood99

Oct 4, 2007
Houston
Have you tried Austinsync's clean rom? Its working fine with my M45 and I had the same problem you did with some other ROMs. Not sure if ROM change fixed it or one of the other hundred changes I make to my phone every other day. I assume you have adjusted the volume while in-call?

klasikahl

Nov 23, 2006
Scottsdale
sell your car and buy American! ;)

Your phone is made by a Taiwanese manufacturer. I tried searching for a American-made cellphone so that you could immediately begin your purchasing prospects, but was stunned to find that there is not one American cellphone manufacturer.

Your profile picture looks somewhat like a Dodge Ram to me. You might be interested to know that Chrysler recently built a new $315M Dodge plant in Brazil. They also worked collaboratively with Mitsubishi and Hyundai to design 3 engines that will be manufactured mostly in South Korea and Japan.

But let me get back to the topic at hand. I own a 2007 G35S Sedan and I have had very minimal trouble with my Tilt and the handsfree system. Everything works fine, including the reception meter (never worked on my 8525, even with WM6 ROMs). The only problem that I have noticed is that if I answer an incoming call using the button on the steering wheel, the car appears to start the call, though the audio is routed through the phone for the first 10 seconds and then the car resumes control. It is worth noting that I couldn't get my 8525 (WM6) to work with the car at all - even with the latest and greatest.

marsb007

Jun 18, 2006
I will borrow my dad's Kaiser (as mine was returned earlier today), and try the Austinsnyc's superstorage rom. Hope it works, although I think it's based on the base HTC rom. As I'm sure they're using the same Bluetooth stack, problem should be the same.

Either way, I'll try and report if it works.

As far as the buying American... I thought that whole marketing scheme went out the window a few years ago when Chrysler merged with Mercedes Benz, and most of our products are made in China (as our workers are not willing to work so cheap without going on strike)... don't you just love the beauty of the world economy?

kireol

Sep 25, 2007
Royal Oak, MI
Your phone is made by a Taiwanese manufacturer. I tried searching for a American-made cellphone so that you could immediately begin your purchasing prospects, but was stunned to find that there is not one American cellphone manufacturer.

Your profile picture looks somewhat like a Dodge Ram to me. You might be interested to know that Chrysler recently built a new $315M Dodge plant in Brazil. They also worked collaboratively with Mitsubishi and Hyundai to design 3 engines that will be manufactured mostly in South Korea and Japan.

But let me get back to the topic at hand. I own a 2007 G35S Sedan and I have had very minimal trouble with my Tilt and the handsfree system. Everything works fine, including the reception meter (never worked on my 8525, even with WM6 ROMs). The only problem that I have noticed is that if I answer an incoming call using the button on the steering wheel, the car appears to start the call, though the audio is routed through the phone for the first 10 seconds and then the car resumes control. It is worth noting that I couldn't get my 8525 (WM6) to work with the car at all - even with the latest and greatest.

It was supposed to be a joke as it has nothing to do with the car. But since you wanted to act all high and mighty......

My Dodge ram was designed approximately 15 miles from my house. It was built 5.5 miles from my house. The company that built it employs approx 200,000+ direct employees and roughly 400,000 indirect, here in the U.S., where i live. At an average salary of $75,000 that's roughly 45,000,000,000 that the company that I buy my car from pumps back into the American economy. This does not include car dealers.

The 2007 G35S is designed in Japan. The 2007 G35S is built in Japan. The 2007 G35S employs maybe 1000 people here in the U.S. because someone has to import it and drive the boat, drive trucks, and do paper work. At an average salary(i'm sure it's way off but lets pretend) of $75,000 that's 75,000,000 that gets pumped back into the American economy. This does not include car dealers.

45,000,000,000 vs 75,000,000

yeah, you are right, it's all even. buy imported cars. it makes sense.

minirx7

Jun 18, 2006
Thats EXACTLY the same problem with my 2007 G35 sedan and my HTC TYTN 2.

When i press the receive button, it takes 10-15 seconds to transfer over to the car audio (goes to the handset first).

THe only solution i have is to receive the call using the phone's talk button, which will go immediately to the car.

I am currently running Dutty's Touchflow Final 2 rom.

BTW. Before my G35, i had a 2006 Chrysler 300C Hemi rollin on 22's with full multimedia setup. My first domestic. I only owned imports before. After i came back to get my infinity G35 (after my major accident), i remember now why imports are so much better than domestci. The Infiniti is built like a ROCK, and the 300 was very crude in build quality.

Anyhow.

k_otix99

Jan 16, 2007
No problems in my M45...
Maybe it's the car and not the phone?
I had a G35 prior to the Bluetooth option so I cant speak about the quality there but the M45 has been pretty good. the Tilt has a low out put at times but 95% of the time it connects perfectly with zero issues. beats using a headset imo

marsb007

Jun 18, 2006
could be the car, but more than likely it's not... here's why:

I have successfully paired and used 2 tytn, 2 8125 (Wizard), and 1 ol' school SMT5600. All worked fine without any crackling, or the other person on the other end not hearing me...

On the other hand, I have tried 2 Kaisers and both exhibit the exact same things...
(btw, in the info screen about the bluetooth connection the connection shows up as "poor" for the kaisers, excellent for the rest...)

It's hard to believe that I'm the only a-hole that has the Kaiser/Tilt and G37 combo out there... anyone else having the same problem or am I alone on this one?

minirx7

Jun 18, 2006
Did you not read my post? I have a Tytn 2 and a 2007 G35 sedan with the exact same problems as you.. Just use the Talk button on your phone to receive calls..
Arent you on G35drivers.com?

could be the car, but more than likely it's not... here's why:

I have successfully paired and used 2 tytn, 2 8125 (Wizard), and 1 ol' school SMT5600. All worked fine without any crackling, or the other person on the other end not hearing me...

On the other hand, I have tried 2 Kaisers and both exhibit the exact same things...
(btw, in the info screen about the bluetooth connection the connection shows up as "poor" for the kaisers, excellent for the rest...)

It's hard to believe that I'm the only a-hole that has the Kaiser/Tilt and G37 combo out there... anyone else having the same problem or am I alone on this one?

SteinyD

Aug 29, 2006
Same problem w/ Tilt & G35x

Not that I'm glad anyone is having this problem but glad to see it isn't just me. I started with an unlocked imported TyTN (Hermes) phone that worked perfectly in my '07 G35x purchased in May. I never had one problem pairing in the car, receiving or making calls, using voice commands via the car or audio quality.

As soon as I purchased my Tilt I immediately had problems in the G35x but not with any other bluetooth device (I also have a Garmin c550 and pair and make / receive calls with it without any problems).

I can pair the Tilt with the car - no problem. I can use voice commands to make a call - no problem. As soon as the phone starts to ring through the car speakers I can tell there will be a problem because the ring is very 'tinny'. I can hear the person answer and speak but they cannot hear me at all. I then put Dutty's ROM on the phone thinking maybe it was a stack issue that might have been resolved in a new ROM (assuming their had been updates to the BT stack). That did not make any difference.

I will by tomorrow test my corporate Blackberry in the car again. I had used it in the car via bluetooth while I had the Hermes - no problem. I will retest now that the Tilt isn't working.

Have any of you contacted Infiniti and / or AT&T? I could only assume until they have a quantity of calls will they say anything other than "not our problem" or, "never heard of that before".

If there are others with this problem it would be good for them to acknowledge their experience here along with any comparative good/bad feedback with other phones in the same and different car / devices.

Update: I've just tested my Blackberry 8700 that worked prior to pairing the Tilt with the G35. I can confirm that the Blackberry still works flawlessly. As the Tilt also works flawlessly with my Garmin device I think the cause is unclear but would appear to be with the Tilt as it is the only thing that has changed in the tests I've identified above.

Regards,
David

Last edited:

marsb007

Jun 18, 2006
Did you not read my post? I have a Tytn 2 and a 2007 G35 sedan with the exact same problems as you.. Just use the Talk button on your phone to receive calls..
Arent you on G35drivers.com?

well, one of the ways I use the phone also is calling out... when I dial the number and call from the phone, the car bluetooth connects and the crackling starts... (i call my voicemail to test).

besides being an Infiniti/Nissan issue, it appears it is far more widespread... there's already a 20 page thread on BT and Kaiser! from that thread it appears HTC is aware of the issue and is working on an upgraded stack/rom... everyone cross your fingers and hope that one works!

SteinyD

Aug 29, 2006
Could you provide the link to that thread?

Thanks,
David

well, one of the ways I use the phone also is
calling out... when I dial the number and call from the phone, the car bluetooth connects and the crackling starts... (i call my voicemail to test).

besides being an Infiniti/Nissan issue, it appears it is far more widespread... there's already a 20 page thread on BT and Kaiser! from that thread it appears HTC is aware of the issue and is working on an upgraded stack/rom... everyone cross your fingers and hope that one works!

jellycow

Dec 22, 2006
Multiple solutions...

I'm using Dutty's TouchFlo Final Rom and I'm not having any problems with my 2006 M. So maybe you can try that ROM.

But on the M, I did have horrible problems with my E-Ten M500+ (continous feedback...C R A Z Y), and limited functionalities with my 3125. Both of those problems were solved instantly with this software: http://www.jetwaremobile.com/ They offer 30 day trial of their software, so try it.

minirx7

Jun 18, 2006
well, one of the ways I use the phone also is calling out... when I dial the number and call from the phone, the car bluetooth connects and the crackling starts... (i call my voicemail to test).

I do not have this issue with my g35... I do not get any crackling.. Its only when i try to receive calls, it delays like 10-15 seconds!!!

Making calls is NON-issue...

marsb007

Jun 18, 2006
it really is crazy... I've tried that particular rom and it has the exact same problem. I have also tried the Jetware bluetooth stack, and once again, it does the same thing. I've tried about 5-6 different roms, from super clean roms, bigstorage, to the latest build numbers that I could find, and all do the exact same thing. I've played around with the bitpool settings, audiogateway settings, and nothing...

It may be that the combination of the G37 + Tilt just has something in there that makes it go crazy. Could be the car, but as I've said earlier, all other phones work, including the Hermes, without any problems whatsoever.

Anyone out there with a G37 willing to give the Tilt a try? I'm about to go to the dealer and pair it with other cars to see if it works!

jellycow

Dec 22, 2006
If you have the G37 (coupe I guess?) then you have the 2008, right? I know they switched to the new hard drive based system. So maybe they don't have all the bugs worked out. Top it all off, MS's bluetooth stack is kinda shaky, so it might be amplifying the problem.

I don't see any service bulletins relating to this issue on your car either: http://x.infinitihelp.com/forum/local_links.php?catid=86 I doubt that Voice Recog system update will fix your bluetooth issues...but then it might. Worth a try.

it really is crazy... I've tried that particular rom and it has the exact same problem. I have also tried the Jetware bluetooth stack, and once again, it does the same thing. I've tried about 5-6 different roms, from super clean roms, bigstorage, to the latest build numbers that I could find, and all do the exact same thing. I've played around with the bitpool settings, audiogateway settings, and nothing...

It may be that the combination of the G37 + Tilt just has something in there that makes it go crazy. Could be the car, but as I've said earlier, all other phones work, including the Hermes, without any problems whatsoever.

Anyone out there with a G37 willing to give the Tilt a try? I'm about to go to the dealer and pair it with other cars to see if it works!