INFINIX NOTE 10 PRO (X695/X695C/X695D) UBL, TWRP 3.6.1 & ROOT

Search This thread

arraki

Feb 26, 2014
INFINIX X695 TWRP UPDATE

* Sync latest twrp source 3.6.1 (read here: https://twrp.me/site/update/2022/03/10/twrp-3.6.1-released.html))
* REVERTED: Add option to individually backup restore logical partition (not working like i expected)

NOTE
Use tw installer zip to install in magisk or twrp
If youre rooted, install magisk again
Something I did not understand about the individual backup, in this recovery, on the contrary, the logical sections from the backup item disappeared

techack

Sep 15, 2013
Hi, I have unlocked by bootloader.
Now I want to install twrp 3.6.1....but as per your instruction on pg-1, I need to flash boot.img but this file is not in twrp.zip
Pls help @rama982

techack

Sep 15, 2013
Thanks @arraki i have installed 3.6.0

Now, before rooting, I want to upgrade to latest official ROM available. I have downloaded-> Infinix_Note_10_Pro_X695_MT6785_V1133_220219.zip
available through Google search.

Now, if i flash the above downloaded file, TWRP gets rebooted.
Do I need to create a seperate ZIP of firmware folder inside Infinix_Note_10_Pro_X695_MT6785_V1133_220219.zip ?

Attached are the contents of downloaded ZIP ROM Files

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    73.3 KB · Views: 6

arraki

Feb 26, 2014
Thanks @arraki i have installed 3.6.0

Now, before rooting, I want to upgrade to latest official ROM available. I have downloaded-> Infinix_Note_10_Pro_X695_MT6785_V1133_220219.zip
available through Google search.

Now, if i flash the above downloaded file, TWRP gets rebooted.
Do I need to create a seperate ZIP of firmware folder inside Infinix_Note_10_Pro_X695_MT6785_V1133_220219.zip ?

Attached are the contents of downloaded ZIP ROM Files
This is an archive for firmware via a computer with the Flash Tool program. If you want to upgrade through recovery, you can try to do this:unzip the firmware, and throw a super.img file on your smartphone, and then flash it through recovery. I've been updating so much.

techack

Sep 15, 2013
@arraki - do u mean I should unzip it and flash the super.img (see attachment) thru TWRP?

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    218.6 KB · Views: 10

techack

Sep 15, 2013
thanks for your help @arraki
1. I have updated the ROM and currently I m not rooted, but I keep getting an OTA of 115MB and if fails to installs. anyway to successfully install it?
2. I had removed some bloatware before updating the ROM using adb commands but the "Recent Apps" button does not work for me even after updating the ROM. I tried enabling gesture navigation but still I cant open "Recent Apps" thru gestures. Pls help how to resolve it,
Thanks!!

arraki

Feb 26, 2014
thanks for your help @arraki
1. I have updated the ROM and currently I m not rooted, but I keep getting an OTA of 115MB and if fails to installs. anyway to successfully install it?
2. I had removed some bloatware before updating the ROM using adb commands but the "Recent Apps" button does not work for me even after updating the ROM. I tried enabling gesture navigation but still I cant open "Recent Apps" thru gestures. Pls help how to resolve it,
Thanks!!
Did you do anything with your native launcher?

techack

Sep 15, 2013
I had removed it but based on your advice I have reinstalled XOS Launcher and #2 is resolved.
Pls help with #1 also
Thanks for such prompt replies @arraki

techack

Sep 15, 2013
1. Pls check the attachment. How to resolve it?
2. Also, after updating, VoLTE & VoWifi icon is not showed and I'm unable to make calls using Jio. What might be the issue?
@arraki

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2022-05-28 at 6.25.34 PM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2022-05-28 at 6.25.34 PM.jpeg
    171.8 KB · Views: 10

arraki

Feb 26, 2014
1. Pls check the attachment. How to resolve it?
2. Also, after updating, VoLTE & VoWifi icon is not showed and I'm unable to make calls using Jio. What might be the issue?
@arraki
I wrote it, no way.If you interfered with the system, you will not be able to update it, only through the firmware on the computer.
On the second question-I don't know, I don't use these functions, and I have a slightly different modification of this smartphone.

techack

Sep 15, 2013
Hi, I have upgraded to latest ROM Infinix_Note_10_Pro_X695_MT6785_V1133_220219.
However, After updating, VoLTE & VoWifi icon is not showed and I'm unable to make calls using Jio. What might be the issue? Can anyone pls help?
@rama982

techack

Sep 15, 2013
@arraki : I hope flashing super.img using twrp did not create this problem? there are various tutorials available on internet but all of them use SP FLash tool...I did not use it

arraki

Feb 26, 2014
@arraki : I hope flashing super.img using twrp did not create this problem? there are various tutorials available on internet but all of them use SP FLash tool...I did not use it
I already wrote above, I do not know why you have this.
I don't use these functions.
And as for the firmware via Flash Tool, I advise you to study this method and configure your computer for this, as if something suddenly goes wrong, you can restore your smartphone only in this way.
And to re-flash the firmware, even completely, even in parts, is also possible only through a computer

techack

Sep 15, 2013
I flashed the older ROM via TWRP now stuck in bootloop, pls help how can I get out of it and boot into TWRP.
SP Flash tools: I have properly configured. But when I click on Download, and plug in my phone it does not flash it.
@arraki

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Infinix-Logo.jpg

All steps is already done in my own phone, firmware version X695C_V513 with October security patch. and X695C_V531 with Desember security patch.

PREPARING

DOWNLOAD ATTACHED FILE

UNLOCKING BOOTLOADER
    After unlocking the bootloader, your internal storage will be WIPED.

1. Unlock developer options, first go to Settings -> My Phone then tap Build Number 7 times.

photo_2021-12-08_08-13-57.jpg

2. Go to System -> Developer Option and enable OEM unlocking
    photo_2021-12-08_08-13-56.jpg
    photo_2021-12-08_08-14-51.jpg

3. On PC extract downloaded files then open DriverInstall.exe and install it
    4. Plug your phone into PC and run "cmd-here.exe" on your PC.
    5. Now type

there will be a confirmation popup, tap Allow.
    2. Type

adb reboot-bootloader
    Wait until there is a USB logo with Fastboot text on your phone.
    3. Type

fastboot flashing unlock
    Then press Volume UP on your phone to confirm.
    After done, type

4. Your phone will reboot and you need to set up again

INSTALLING TWRP
    Luckily this phone already has twrp with proper decryption support.

photo_2021-12-08_08-13-56 (3).jpg
    photo_2021-12-08_04-16-15.jpg

photo_2021-12-08_06-13-12.jpg
    photo_2021-12-08_06-13-14.jpg

MAKE SURE YOU UNLOCKED BOOTLODER
    NOTES: Please reade README.txt on the archive

1. Download and extract required files
    2. Connect your phone into fastboot mode
    3. Run "cmd-here.exe" from before on your PC.
    4. Confirm if device is connected, type

5. Flash the patched boot.img
    fastboot flash boot {name of image}.img
    6. MUST disable vbmeta boot verification
    fastboot flash --disable-verity --disable-verification vbmeta vbmeta.img
    7. Unplug and verify, do reboot to recovery with power + vol up combination.

FOR TWRP BETA_2 UPDATE: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/infinix-note-10-pro-x695-x695c-x695d-ubl-twrp-3-6-0-root.4372489/post-86207893

FOR TWRP 3.6.1 UPDATE: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...95d-ubl-twrp-3-6-0-root.4372489/post-86913357

ROOTING
    Just download Magisk-v23.apk and install inside twrp
    ALSO IF YOU ENCOUNTER BOOTLOOP AFTER INSTALLING MAGISK DO FORMAT DATA IN TWRP THEN UPDATE GOOGLE PLAY SYSTEM TO LATEST PATCH FIRST AND AFTER THAT CONTINUE OPEN MAGISK MANAGER.

LINKS

TWRP source: https://github.com/rama982/twrp_device_infinix_x659c
    Thank you... I am going to follow the steps from your first message in this thread....
    Guys it worked...for the first time able to root my MTK infinix note 10 pro device with the ease of rooting an Snapdragon device. Thank you very much!!
    after installing magisk manager tried to install pixelify magisk module. It didnt work and got in to bootloop. So again falshed the boot_twrp boot imsage via twrp and phone again.

Planning to put pixel launcher in to system partition and see how it goes. Anyway to fully remove XOS launcher while retaining the recents functionality??
    IMG_20211220_080027_085.jpg

Fyi OrangeFox Recovery is build successfully and boot for this device. 😁
    ✅ Flashed Successfully on v988 ! (y)
    ( STOCK ROM = X695-H854DEFGHI-R-GL-210927V988.zip )
    Truly Great Work 'rama982' !!! 😍

# 1️⃣

⚠️ However, i can not see 'System' partition in Wipe section 🤔
    i tried mounting 'System' partition with command you shared above...

Then, 'System' partition was mounted Successfully.
    it would be better if you could List All Partitions in Wipe section :)

# 2️⃣

⚠️ Not able to Format Data ( from Wipe section )
    After mounting Data partition from Mount section in TWRP Recovery,

i got error

View attachment 5485819

# 3️⃣

⚠️ Not able to flash ZIP

When i tried to flash
    orange_state_disabler_MTK Only.zip

i got error

View attachment 5485821
    great, but first of all i'll tell what Google radically changed for community
    so Google introduces what is called dynamic partition in Android 10 and Dynamic Virtual A/B partition in Android 11.
    check here: https://source.android.com/devices/tech/ota/dynamic_partitions/implement

and for answer for your question

Its not a bug, because of dynamic partition changes from now on twrp can't wipe or flash system image directly.

/data partition is automatically mounted from start so you don't need to mount it again unless you unmount it first

I checked the file and it lack of A/B partition scheme detection for Android 11 MTK devices, so i make small changes on it, check the attached files.

Screenshot_2021-12-18-07-53-27.png
    i am asking exactly same question to rama982 !

⚠️ i need System patition option to flash GSi image.

✅ i have flashed same GSi image in X650C ( infinix Hot 8 ) device Successfully using above same Steps ( i have mentioned above ).

P.S. i am moderately technical with android, apology in advance if mistake happen from my side.
    And you also need new way for flashing GSIS in this devices.

in text

GSI Flashing Steps:
    1. Download the GSI file, choose the ARM64 AB
    2. Extract the GSI if it is still in rar/zip form
    3. Move the GSI rom file (in the form of a .img file) into the platform tools
    4. Open cmd in platform tools
    5. Connect the device to your PC/laptop
    6. Then boot the device into the bootloader by pressing the power and volume down buttons simultaneously or by using the command
    adb reboot bootloader
    7. After that check whether the device is connected to the pc/laptop by using the command
    fastboot devices
    8. Once detected, enter the command
    fastboot reboot fastboot
    to enter the fastbootd menu to flash the GSI rom
    9. Enter the command
    fastboot erase system
    to wipe the system partition
    fastboot delete-logical-partition system_ext
    to increase system space
    10. Flash the GSI rom by entering the command
    fastboot flash system (filename of GSI rom).img
    11. After flashing, reboot the device to the bootloader menu by giving the command
    fastboot reboot bootloader
    12. Clean user data by using the command
    fastboot -w
    13. Flash vbmeta using the command
    fastboot --disable-verity --disable-verification flash vbmeta vbmeta.img
    14. Finally boot into the system
    fastboot reboot
    and the GSI rom is already installed on your device.