General [Info] ASUS ZenFone 8

Search This thread

MDV106

Jan 4, 2019
ASUS ZenFone 8
So its been a while since i've been involved in tinkering with android phones. I recently upgraded from an old phone that suddenly died and bought an ASUS zenfone online which seems to be from Taiwan. Its a new phone and all. I see that I can install LineageOS 19 on this phone which is something I'd like to do ASAP. When I looked at the instructions, it mentions that I need to unlock the bootloader via ASUS's tool. I downloaded said apk but keep getting an error message like "Failed to unlock your device please try again later [24802]". Is there a known workaround to this error? This phone is brand new and arrived today and I made sure to update the system to the latest android 13. It did return this error even before I updated.

I'm not sure if this is because of the missing "OEM unlocking" option in developer settings? I search online and can't seem to find a way to make this setting visible? Anyone know how to?

Any help would be appreciated.

So its been a while since i've been involved in tinkering with android phones. I recently upgraded from an old phone that suddenly died and bought an ASUS zenfone online which seems to be from Taiwan. Its a new phone and all. I see that I can install LineageOS 19 on this phone which is something I'd like to do ASAP. When I looked at the instructions, it mentions that I need to unlock the bootloader via ASUS's tool. I downloaded said apk but keep getting an error message like "Failed to unlock your device please try again later [24802]". Is there a known workaround to this error? This phone is brand new and arrived today and I made sure to update the system to the latest android 13. It did return this error even before I updated.

I'm not sure if this is because of the missing "OEM unlocking" option in developer settings? I search online and can't seem to find a way to make this setting visible? Anyone know how to?

Any help would be appreciated.
getting the same error on zenfone 9. maybe a problem in their servers

MDV106

Jan 4, 2019
ASUS ZenFone 8
Im getting a 24803 error code now instead of 24802 since yesterday. I read in the asus community forums that the app is supposedly under maintainance.

Niaouli

May 11, 2023
OnePlus 5T
OnePlus 6
Hi guys,

Have you tried to unlock with a computer within Intel CPU?
I'm considering to buy a zenfone 8 and install eOS. Lineage OS still has some google crap on it..

To flash any custom rom your zenfone has be on android 12 not android 13?

Please keep an eye on this thread, the asus server seems to be under maintenace since early of May 2023.

Cheers,

Im getting a 24803 error code now instead of 24802 since yesterday. I read in the asus community forums that the app is supposedly under maintainance.

Last edited:

MDV106

Jan 4, 2019
ASUS ZenFone 8
Can someone retry the bootloader unlock? Im getting a new error code now. It seemed like it was working and loading for a few minute then got a 11100 error code

nasch007

Sep 19, 2014
Google Pixel 3
ASUS ZenFone 8
Can someone retry the bootloader unlock? Im getting a new error code now. It seemed like it was working and loading for a few minute then got a 11100 error code
This is a bit of an old post, sorry. I get a 24xxx error code so no, it's still not working. There's an update in the Zenfone 9 thread where someone posted a reply from tech support saying they won't support unlocking for 9 and 10. Then a twitter post from some tech new reporter saying his pr source walked it back. Who knows what to believe at this point. I'm giving up hope...

MDV106

Jan 4, 2019
ASUS ZenFone 8
This is a bit of an old post, sorry. I get a 24xxx error code so no, it's still not working. There's an update in the Zenfone 9 thread where someone posted a reply from tech support saying they won't support unlocking for 9 and 10. Then a twitter post from some tech new reporter saying his pr source walked it back. Who knows what to believe at this point. I'm giving up hope...

I should have just went with the samsung s21

MDV106

Jan 4, 2019
ASUS ZenFone 8

nasch007

Sep 19, 2014
Google Pixel 3
ASUS ZenFone 8
Possibly. The Zenfone 8 just ticked all the boxes I needed, and besides Samsung was just sending me the "sorry we let all your data got breached" email. And they weren't even offering to do anything about it. Anyways.

Dealing with Asus support now. Wish me luck and I'll let everyone know if they say anything other than "server down for maintenance"

Asia9

Oct 9, 2023
Hi
I have problem with my asus
Do u had similar problem ? What can i do with that ?

Asia9

Oct 9, 2023
I did it but I didn't know why it was happening because there were too many ads. Thank you, but sometimes I get upset because even on this forum I had something like this.

Zrobiłem to, ale nie wiedziałem, dlaczego tak się dzieje, ponieważ za dużo reklam. Dziękuję, ale czasami jestem zdenerwowany, ponieważ nawet na tym forum miałem coś takiego

Mod. edit: post translated. alecxs

Last edited by a moderator:

nasch007

Sep 19, 2014
Google Pixel 3
ASUS ZenFone 8
Hi

View attachment 6031267
Screenshot_20231115-214842751.png

Yes, same exact problem here!! I thought I was going nuts! Also, just had Asus rma this device twice, so wondered if they screwed something up. Thank you for confirming.

Oddly, I see it happen in Brave and Kiwi browser but not in Firefox. I'm wondering if maybe one is/isn't hardware accelerated...

For good measure

I can post a transcript ofy conversation with support. It was humourous to say the least. They did follow up with a service form. Maybe another rma?? Bad coding for the latest firmware update? Here we go again.....

I'll follow up in a few hours. Time for beddy bye zzzz

Reactions: Asia9

nasch007

Sep 19, 2014
Google Pixel 3
ASUS ZenFone 8
Hi

View attachment 6031267
What Browser are you using?
What firmware are you using? Is it the latest OTA update?

Have you had any issues in the past like dead motherboard or RMA?

Trying to see if there's any similarities...

EDIT: I don't want to derail this thread. Made a new thread over here: https://xdaforums.com/t/is-anyone-e...facts-flickering-post-326-ota-update.4641628/

Thanks!

Last edited:
Reactions: Asia9

Asia9

Oct 9, 2023
What Browser are you using?
What firmware are you using? Is it the latest OTA update?

Have you had any issues in the past like dead motherboard or RMA?

Trying to see if there's any similarities...
I use google chrome and android 12
No.I bought this phone 2 months ago
This is sad😐

Top Liked Posts