General Info for Redmi Note 11 and kernel source.

Search This thread

sonic011gamer

Mar 28, 2021

Keep in mind, this is not the official source, it has no Xiaomi changes, but it might be helpful for someone.​

The Redmi Note 11 has the SM6225 SoC, codename khaje.

The reason why we didn't get the kernel source is because our phone is GKI compatible, which means the kernel source has been clean and out since the beginning.

Khaje-idp is the dts you should use as base for this phone, as the original dtb is based on the same.

Devicetree for khaje is here
GKI kernel source

Config for building the kernel can be taken from arch/arm64/configs/vendor/bengal-perf_defconfig , or from doing adb pull /proc/config.gz on your own phone, then extracting the file from inside.

Last edited:

Guan Yu

Mar 27, 2019
Redmi Note 11

Keep in mind, this is not the official source, it has no Xiaomi changes, but it might be helpful for someone.​

The reason why we didn't get the kernel source is because our phone is GKI compatible, which means the kernel source has been clean and out since the beginning.

Khaje-idp is the dts you should use as base for this phone, as the original dtb is based on the same.

GKI kernel source

Config for building the kernel can be taken from arch/arm64/configs/vendor/bengal-perf_defconfig , or from doing adb pull /proc/config.gz on your own phone, then extracting the file from inside.
i dont think gki compatible , since the kernel is still 4.19

thomas1991_12

Dec 20, 2009
Liempde
I'm working on it, but Im pretty sure it's not GKI. The layout is not saying anything as it is mandatory from android 11 and onwards I think. If you look at the kernel sources from Xiaomi for other devices (Lime for example) you will see that they aren't GKI either. All the drivers are inside the kernel source.
But without schematics and UART connection its pretty much impossible to get it booting (i did try finding uart by luck but dended up destroying my wifi/gps signal), but I am trying. Im kind of confused as of where the DTB lives because we only have a DTBO (overlay) partition and no DTB partition. Its also not appended to the kernel I think but Ill have to check again to be sure.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I found the dtb partition in vendor_boot partition.

GKI kernel source

Bengal runs 4.19. I don't see how its GKI considering 4.19 has the barebones gki implementation and 5.4 was the first actual gki implementation