• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[INFO][LineageOS 13.0 Android MM for Honor 6X]

Search This thread

surdu_petru

Recognized Contributor
Feb 3, 2010
Paris
Hello !

I just started to build CyanogenMod/LineageOS 13.0 for our device Honor 6X !

As there is no yet a kernel source code, I managed to successfully boot on Lineage OS with stock Honor kernel .

At this time, there is a lot of functions that are not yet working , hope to be fixed once the Huawei will release the kernel source code, and this should be happen soon .

Once the build will be pretty stable, I'll release a beta version for tests .

Currently working list :

* touchscreen
* charger
* adb & mtp
* internal/external storage
* camera & camcorder !
* all sensors
* audio
* USB-OTG
* WiFi
* GPS
* RIL ( only one SIM )

So please stay tuned for further info/updates :eek:

Screenshots :

Screenshot_20170108_164815.png

Screenshot_20170108_164903.png

Screenshot_20170108_164854.png

Best regards !

Last edited:

drakenabarion

Dec 13, 2010
Kildare
OnePlus 6
ASUS ZenFone 8
As someone considering getting this phone, you are making the decision hundreds of times more attractive! Thank you!

At this point, I have not looked at LineageOS, as its not currently available on G7. Are there any major differences to CyanogenMod? I figure its pretty close since much of who developed CM migrated to LineageOS.

Sent from my Huawei Ascend G7 using XDA Labs

The "A" Factor

Sep 13, 2011
Wow ..!!!

That's really great ! I wonder how the hell you got so many things working without the sources ??? Is Honor sticking close to AOSP ???

And if Honor continues to support the developer community, then surely my next device is the 6X ...

This phone has the potential to be the next "MOTO G" ... An awesome affordable phone for the masses !

surdu_petru

Recognized Contributor
Feb 3, 2010
Paris
I already managed to fix USB-OTG and WiFi, and as soon I'll be able to fix RIL a first build will be released :eek:

Edit :

RIL is working now, but I have only one sym working (SIM 1) , on SIM2 I have only the name of the provider but no signal !

* GPS already fixed :eek:

Last edited:

matpower64

Nov 27, 2015
São Paulo
As someone considering getting this phone, you are making the decision hundreds of times more attractive! Thank you!

At this point, I have not looked at LineageOS, as its not currently available on G7. Are there any major differences to CyanogenMod? I figure its pretty close since much of who developed CM migrated to LineageOS.

LineageOS is Cyanogenmod, there's no difference besides a name change atm. I believe that most CM devs are with Lineage, while some dropped out.

On topic:
Man, that's pretty good. I was wondering if the phone would have an active dev community and it looks like it'll have, even without a Snapdragon SoC.

vsriram92

Dec 27, 2014
chennai
Great to hear this for Kirin devices... Keep it up buddy.
Once it gets released in India, many people will join you :good:

drakenabarion

Dec 13, 2010
Kildare
OnePlus 6
ASUS ZenFone 8
Getting excited reading this!

What version of the 6x would be most recommended to get for this to work?

If Honor are anything like Huawei, there might be slightly different hardware revisions depending on the region. That could cause complications for some G7 versions (but not mine since I had the more standard hardware version).

surdu_petru

Recognized Contributor
Feb 3, 2010
Paris

If Honor are anything like Huawei, there might be slightly different hardware revisions depending on the region. That could cause complications for some G7 versions (but not mine since I had the more standard hardware version).

I'll try to make the rom compatible with almost all 6X version if possible :eek:

surdu_petru

Recognized Contributor
Feb 3, 2010
Paris
do you think huawei will release the kernel sources bro??

fantastic work for an initial build... good luck

Yes, it should released soon , like always - Huawei/Honor will release after a while the kernel source code for almost all devices !

I'll try to make the rom compatible with almost all 6X version if possible :eek:

Please, need some info from BLN-L21 & BLN-L22 devices, because I have only BLN-L24 .

If there is other devices Honor 6X , apart BLN-L21,L22&L-24, please let me to know , thanks .

What I need ?

Please connect usb cable and enable "Android debugging" into Settings/Developer options !

Now just into cmd command type :

> adb shell
$ getprop ro.boardid.product

This commant will return a number, please let me to know what number you have in your device :eek:

Also I need to know if your device is 3GB RAM or 4GB RAM .

Example :

My device Honor 6X , BLN-L24
getprop ro.boardid.product = 61201
3GB RAM

I need those informations to make a rom compatible with as many devices Honor 6X !

Thank you very much in advance !

Last edited:

Nollie8969

Dec 31, 2016
Glad to help from the Netherlands !

My device Honor 6X is BLN-L21
getprop ro.boardid.product = 61201 --> same !
3GB RAM

(had to install sudo apt install libhybris-utils in Ubuntu, but terminal did guide me)

Reactions: surdu_petru

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello !

I just started to build CyanogenMod/LineageOS 13.0 for our device Honor 6X !

As there is no yet a kernel source code, I managed to successfully boot on Lineage OS with stock Honor kernel .

At this time, there is a lot of functions that are not yet working , hope to be fixed once the Huawei will release the kernel source code, and this should be happen soon .

Once the build will be pretty stable, I'll release a beta version for tests .

Currently working list :

* touchscreen
    * charger
    * adb & mtp
    * internal/external storage
    * camera & camcorder !
    * all sensors
    * audio
    * USB-OTG
    * WiFi
    * GPS
    * RIL ( only one SIM )

So please stay tuned for further info/updates :eek:

Screenshots :

Screenshot_20170108_164815.png

Screenshot_20170108_164903.png

Screenshot_20170108_164854.png

Best regards !
    New Beta LineageOS 13.0 ... soon !

I just managed to fix somehow RIL, but not yet 100% !

For moment it's working for only one sim (SIM1) but without LTE ...

The new OpenKirin TEAM ( XePeleato, OldDroid, surdu_petru ) , are working hard to fix these issues, and I hope will be fixed soon :eek:

A beta version for testing, may be released to this weekend .

Thank you for understanding, and I hope you stay tuned :eek:

Best regards !

Screenshot_20170126_225145.png
    I already managed to fix USB-OTG and WiFi, and as soon I'll be able to fix RIL a first build will be released :eek:

Edit :

RIL is working now, but I have only one sym working (SIM 1) , on SIM2 I have only the name of the provider but no signal !

* GPS already fixed :eek:
    Respect for all efforts. But why spend time in this build when LineageOS already has a 14.1 build for Honor 5X ? Is that because of Kirin instead of Qualcomm ? Just a question.
    Hi, yes it is, I'll try to explain it so everyone understands why phones with Kirin processors almost don't have ROMs:

Qualcomm has partnered up with the Linux Foundation, you might have heard about 'Code Aurora', that's the name they gave to the organization. Their goal is to provide an open source kernel and android framework, but we don't have that. Instead we have the 'stock' android source and we have to manually add the patches that Huawei isn't releasing, but obviously we are not the Linux Foundation, so the ROMs are not as good as Qualcomm ones.

That's why we are doing this, to provide patches and open source libraries to other people interested in bringing CM/AOSP to their Huawei device, by working together we are trying to deliver a quality ROM, and thanks to the partnership with Honor, we are developing more patches and more documentation.