[INFO] Mac OS Lion Novacom drivers

Search This thread

brilldoctor

Aug 6, 2010
If anyone has tried using WebOSQuickInstall you will know that the novacom drivers it tries to download fail on lion, so here are the drivers from the webos 3.0.2 SDK which should work (works on my late 2009 MacBook running lion) (use at own risk)
Download

Edit: before I get into trouble for these links I have decided to pull them. The best way to get them us via the webos sdk

Last edited by a moderator:

tfd1978

Aug 18, 2009
Athens
Eventhough I found the Novacom driver installer inside the SDK package, and installed it just fine, still I get the same message from Webos Quick Installer (4.2.3) "No devices connected. Please connect a device to continue". My device is in Developer Mode (HP Pre 3). I've tried putting it in normal mode and back to dev mode again, same thing. I restarted my mac twice, same thing. Does anyone have any idea why is this happening? I tried the whole process on my brother's laptop (win xp professional), and works just fine. So, what am doing wrong?

brilldoctor

Aug 6, 2010
Plug it in but don't put it in usb mode

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using XDA App

jayofdoom

Jun 25, 2010
Here's a fix for the driver:

After a failed install...

vim `which start-novacom`

add an "F" after the -w... so the command looks now like:

sudo launchctl load -wF /Library/LaunchDaemons/com.palm.novacomd

then run start-novacom, and novacomd will load and things will work.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    If anyone has tried using WebOSQuickInstall you will know that the novacom drivers it tries to download fail on lion, so here are the drivers from the webos 3.0.2 SDK which should work (works on my late 2009 MacBook running lion) (use at own risk)
    Download

Edit: before I get into trouble for these links I have decided to pull them. The best way to get them us via the webos sdk
    Hope this helps